acwc anyone?
(08 Jun 14, 08:01PM)EndGame Wrote: We need to know who's going to organize ACWC. I'm more than willing to help.

I'm willing to contribute in any way that is needed as well.
Thanks given by:
well i enter myself, vanquish and larry into the preliminary acwc for team UK, and if no-one else runs the comp or no other teams play i declare us victors via the best kind of winning, i.e. default win.
Thanks given by:
german team is pretty much set Jason ;) sorry mate.

.45 COULD try to organize, we definately have enough active people, servers and if needed the knowledge to provide acwc-clients

BUT

I guess not everyone in .45 will want to do this, I will ask tho :)

Elite made some pretty good points - especially about the modes. I think the last time we had tosok, htf was 2010 and imho that was the most fun ACWC!
Thanks given by:
#TLSS4ACWC
Thanks given by:
chur bolla
Thanks given by:
UK automatic win
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 14, 06:12PM)ShieldyBear Wrote: UK automatic win

y u no comeback :(
Thanks given by:
Turnt up
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 14, 08:01AM)Robtics Wrote: Elite made some pretty good points - especially about the modes. I think the last time we had tosok, htf was 2010 and imho that was the most fun ACWC!

The problem is it adds a confounding variable. If you view this as a statistical model with skill and winning as two things you wish to have correlated, the arbitrary selection of the mode confounds this.

There are reasons why real competitive games play only one mode for a tournament!
Thanks given by:
"
Quote:real competitive
"
Thanks given by:
I may have to make an appearance if we do actually have an acwc
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 14, 09:41PM)Robtics Wrote: "
Quote:real competitive
"

That's the only point you can argue against? :p
Thanks given by:
I'm also skeptical about other modes. I'm not saying "CTF is definitely the only mode that should ever be played in any tournament", but what I am saying is that it would be wise to commit to a mode (or selection of modes) that will actually play well in a tournament. TOSOK, for example, will not play well, it will be boring - can you imagine someone trying to cast that in an ACWC final?

AC has a very "divided" community anyway, by offering a wide variety of modes you're only serving to unnecessarily divide community opinions even further. HTF and TOSOK aren't played as clan match modes outside of tournaments, so why bring them into a tournament?
I will use the examples of Sauerbraten and Quake Live since they are the only other two games I am somewhat familiar with competitively. Sauerbraten has about twenty modes, and only four of them are played competitively (ectf, effic, ictf, ffa). QL has twelve modes, and only three of them (duel, CA + TDM) are played competitively. The simple reason is that all of these "alternative modes" do not play out well in a competitive environment. Tournament hosts respect that and thus don't include them.
There is a difference between trying to turn AssaultCube into a fully competitive game, and simply incorporating elements of other games that have been proven to work in tournaments with real prize money. A final point that I'll make is that ACWCs of days bygone have all used randomized map pools. Therefore it stands to reason that the modes will be randomized too, which could leave us with some really BS map mode combos.

Think of it this way: in the 2012 ACWC, there were extensive complaints about CTF depot being selected for the final map. Imagine how people will react if something stupid like HTF keller (sorry yopa<3) is selected this year.
Thanks given by:
every modes should be allowed
Thanks given by:
tktf all the way
Thanks given by:
How about shine in team pistol frenzy for the final?
Thanks given by:
I think working out a system to play multiple modes in one match would be good (although there's the disadvantage of us having 15-minute halves). I don't like the random part, though, and I think veto should be used instead. Get an odd number of maps with varying gameplay, and then take turns taking one out until there is one left. Or you could do it the B} way and randomise it after a few turns of vetoing.

Also, who would be up for playing for Australia B? :P
Thanks given by:
Cool, yeah the ACWC ejjejjeejje, good mates i want to live that :D
I need to find spanish mates :/
Thanks given by:
quico, ana, perros.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jun 14, 07:19PM)Music Wrote: quico, ana, perros.

VallDiGna

Are there others?
Thanks given by:
Most of the people in MA?
Thanks given by:
(10 Jun 14, 07:32PM)Marti Wrote: Are there others?

Paul.
Thanks given by:
Cool, i will try to contact with them :D ty for the help mates <3
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 14, 06:12PM)ShieldyBear Wrote: UK automatic win
Thanks given by:
who is the main admin of acwc? could he pm me?
Thanks given by:
No one has stepped up to run this year's ACWC yet.
Thanks given by:
Undead plans on running ACWC this year using an external website he'll host.
Thanks given by:
inb4 he gets revenge for a few years ago and bans France. /:D
Thanks given by:
I heard he was playing with France this year to have a chance to win acwc.
Thanks given by:
Need a Belgium squad, anyone know good players here?
Thanks given by: