Question about leagues
Are there any leagues in signup phase, or leagues that are about to start?

I am starting a team, but kinda want to know if there is some competition where we can participate.

Also is there a irc channel(s) where we can ask/arrange for scrims? Or any other way.. I'm been gone since a long time, don't know how it goes these days...

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
probably not, B league just ended and it's the only "working" one lately. sorry to disappoint you but I am not to optimistic about it.

scrims = cm? :D if yes, visit 45-clan.de on TS3, we're always up for matches especially in the evening (GMT+2)
other than that, TS3 is generally good for matches or you just ask ingame
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 14, 09:20AM)Robtics Wrote: probably not, B league just ended and it's the only "working" one lately. sorry to disappoint you but I am not to optimistic about it.

scrims = cm? :D if yes, visit 45-clan.de on TS3, we're always up for matches especially in the evening (GMT+2)
other than that, TS3 is generally good for matches or you just ask ingame

Thanks, I will contact you later for those wars :) I'm working on the site for my team aswell (eta => I dont know!!!). Hopefully I can recruit some talented players with it, so I can build up some recognition in the community. ATM we are 2 players eager to play xD

Nobody interested in organising tourneys anymore? :(
Thanks given by:
The competitive scene has been a bit stale lately due to multiple reasons, but some people have been looking to revive the scene. There aren't enough active clans to have a solid running tourney on a regular basis. The B} leagues happen twice a year, and ACWC (the only tourney that is consistently active, although it's played by countries and regions as opposed to clans) happens once a year. Other tourneys happen irregularly (and with increasing scarcity), but I'm fairly confident the scene in AC will grow once more.
Thanks given by:
Activity really took a hit.
Even this league, most games didn't happen.
I think single elimination tournaments would probably be better off for AC at this point.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 14, 08:34AM)PK LightBringer Wrote: scrims?

Do you come from a competitive scene in a different game?
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 14, 03:05PM)Mr.OpTic Wrote:
(05 Jun 14, 08:34AM)PK LightBringer Wrote: scrims?

Do you come from a competitive scene in a different game?

I played cod, cod 2 and 4 competitive (all died).
Then I tried in League of Legends and cs:go (what a fail game) to start a highskilled team and aim for the stars, but it failed miserably 2 times and i'm abit dissapointed in the community in lol which is full of toxic shit. I played ac occasionally in the past years, but now i found a friend who wants to play with me, and this is actually my last resort to get a decent skill level in the game and participate in a competitive gaming scene.

Years flew by and i'm almost 30 now, and scenes in other games are TOO competitive, its impossible for me to keep up with the young guns. I play all these games for fun still though.

I'm thinking about the concept for my team and what i'm gonna do with it, maybe create a little lore around it, dunno yet. I have to use my freetime on something. Don't you have a life, i hear you say? My life is on facebook, DUH! xD
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 14, 03:42PM)PK LightBringer Wrote: League of Legends and cs:go (what a fail game)
(05 Jun 14, 03:42PM)PK LightBringer Wrote: the community in lol which is full of toxic shit

I like you.

Sadly, you won't find much competition here. The only clan in the game that is consistently active (competitively) is 45 (not an exaggeration). Scattered players from teams such as w00p, rC (my own team), oNe, MyS and BoB still float about, although none of the aforementioned clans are active enough to be regularly playing clan wars.
AoX are semi-active, and my first team z4p have made a comeback as well, although I'm not sure how active they actually are planning to be in the future.

If you're interested in getting involved in the competitive side of gaming, as others have mentioned, dl teamspeak and (optionally) get IRC.

TS server addresses:
45-clan.de (45's - listed first since you'll have the most success finding games here)
gb-rc.tk (rC's)
effic.me (woop's)
sveark.tk (MyS's)
bob-ac.net (BoB's)
ts.stkclan.org (STK's)

IRC channels (gamesurge):
#woop-clan
#PBclan
#rc
#MyS
#bob-clan-ac
#angrysouls
#infamous
#assaultcube (although for some reason this is on quakenet instead)

are all useful to idle on. Apologies if I missed anyone. An awesome free IRC client is Hexchat, works cross-platform. And while it is probably worth setting up a TS3 server and IRC channel for your clan, it's not necessary and only really useful if you're serious about expanding your gaming team for a long-term period. Best of luck, I can be found either via PM on the forum or at any of the aforementioned Teamspeak/IRC locations (except #woop-clan because I'm banned) if you have questions/need advice. :-)
Thanks given by:
Glad you fancy yourself an expert on |AoX|, Vanq....
Fyi: ts3 @ aox-ac.net
Poke us anytime, most of us are there at least some of the time everyday....
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 14, 04:27PM)Vanquish Wrote: I like you.

Well, thanks :)

I want to establish a long-term stable clan with some kind of organisation but not too serious like projects I did in the past. Now I'm just doing it for myselve, mindlikes and the passion of gaming.

I think the lack of competition could be solved when pro/good/decent players would be spreadout more in different teams. As most good players tend to go to allready established clans who are allready strong enough (and big enough). Everyone is free to do what he likes ofcourse, that's why I rather challenge myself and fight those top tier players. But it's not something that I or anyone can solve.

I see the competitions are mostly played 3v3 and rarely 1v1 or 2v2. I don't know why, I dont know the game good enough yet. Probably has to do with historical facts xD. Although this game seems fine for duelling and 2v2.

I could write more but ill stop before it becomes a wall of text, im losing your attention allready xD
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 14, 04:27PM)Vanquish Wrote: #assaultcube (although for some reason this is on quakenet instead)
Sorry, which came first?
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 14, 05:36PM)PK LightBringer Wrote: I see the competitions are mostly played 3v3 and rarely 1v1 or 2v2. I don't know why, I dont know the game good enough yet. Probably has to do with historical facts xD. Although this game seems fine for duelling and 2v2.

It's fine for 1v1
3v3 seems to be the perfect mix of depth and teamwork, while being small enough to fit into most of AC's official maps somewhat smoothly.

:3
Thanks given by:
2v2 is usually far less tactical and frag-power often wins, unlike 3v3
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 14, 05:39PM)jamz Wrote: Sorry, which came first?

I had absolutely no idea until you posted this (I wasn't a frequent IRC user until a few months ago), however my point was simply that I didn't/don't understand why clans register on gamesurge instead, thus creating a split.

As for AoX, I never claimed to be an expert. The guy wanted advice on "competitive" games, and the only person who ever asks me for matches is Graziano and even then really rarely. I understand you all idle on Teamspeak/are online every day but that doesn't constitute activity as far as competition is concerned, at least in my opinion.

(05 Jun 14, 06:45PM)Robtics Wrote: 2v2 is usually far less tactical and frag-power often wins, unlike 3v3

I agree completely, but I think 2v2s were far more tactical in 1.1 than they are now.
Thanks given by:
I played alot of tourneys in several formats (even super strange formats that even admins didnt know what was happening). I played on different platform as clanbase / esl / ungl / esea and so on.

Most of them had single or double elemination tourneys that were called Night Cups, basicly all matches played on the same evening/day. Is this something thats allready been tried? Because even in small community games, these cups were kinda popular. But then you need some good staff and a good platform to finish the administration part super fast.
Thanks given by:
its hard as this is such a small community, but split all around the globe (atleast it used to be when activity, as vanquish stated, was way higher)
Thanks given by:
Maybe we should better think how to motivate people to organise these tournies if teams sign up and dont show up it's no fun for them aswell :)

Oh well, we'll see. I have to sharpen my skills anyway. Played some inters today which was easier then i thought to find and went kinda well.

Catch y'all on the servers
Thanks given by:
me and lightbringer gonna tear sum shit up.
Thanks given by:
Heh.
Thanks given by:
We used to have weekend cups, they kinda died. It was a good idea, though.
Thanks given by:
You can always find me and |AoX| members semi-actively playing around 19 GMT+0
Here is our forum: http://aox-ac.net
and website: http://aox-clan.net

We are not so old as .rC or w00p, but we can have fun together in cm or inter :) as well as .45 do.
Thanks given by:
Yeeh, try to find us in our teamspeak to: aox-ac.net

It's good training for us.
Thanks given by: