server says "WARNING:could not connect" but seems to be connected fine
When I launch the server (from command line) I get the warning in the terminal, that the server is running in:
blah
blah
blah
looking up ms.cubers.net:28760...
WARNING:could not connect

(I expect the normal output "Connected to master Server"... or whatever it usually says)

But when I launch the client: ESC>Multiplayer>Join a Server

The masterserver list comes up... and I still see my server listed on the masterserver list (of course I see it twice, one for my LAN address and one for the public IP address).

It is "Berverly Hills Shooting Club" by the way.

I can connect to my server with the public IP address. And everything seems to be logging just perfectly.

From my end, it still seems to work fine (maybe not others though). So, I thought I'd ask about it. Things have been working fine for a while, and I've changed nothing in my server configuration, so it just seems a little strange.

Also my server build still has the "spectator-rejoin" bug. I've tried to find the source code, to try to rebuild from source to get the latest fixes, but I can't find it. Anybody have a direct link? Would I need to rebuild the client side too? Are updated pre-builts expected any time soon (linux)?
Thanks given by:
haha... That happened to me, but i received messages of "masterserver is not replying", that means "no list of servers"... I can see it lol
Thanks given by:
This problem should be resolved now.
Thanks given by:
The new source is the github repo for AC. You can find it here: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC

The specific commit that fixes that is: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/commit...ccb104a4fc

For the source, I don't think any gameplay changes have been made to the server, so you can probably (I don't actually know, don't hold me to this!) just compile the latest source. Prebuilts might be around, I'll dig around a bit.
Thanks given by:
You can always use a server compiled from the latest sources (git branch "master"). If there were changes, that would make it incompatible, the protocol number would have been changed.

However, keep in mind, that not every version may work flawlessly - after all, it's under active development. I'd recommend keeping most of your servers on tested binaries and run new versions on one server first. If it checks out and works fine for some time, use it for all servers. Please report all bugs that you encounter.
Thanks given by: