Fullscreen AC video capture
Hey guys, was looking for some recommendations from experience on a good screen recorder for use with Assault Cube with minimal lag.

I like Virtual Dub, but I have trouble capturing AC with it in fullscreen. I can capture AC in windowed mode, but in windowed mode my graphics card creates glitches in AC that are fixed in fullscreen mode.

I'm not recording online gameplay so please do not tell me to download demos online!

I am on Windows 7.

Append: The video glitches may have been some weird configuration problem but either way Windowed mode slows down my FPS unlike fullscreen. I might have to go with windowed mode recording unless someone knows something better.
Thanks given by:
Fraps?
Thanks given by:
(14 Apr 14, 06:20AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Fraps?

Appreciate the suggestion, but
I Wrote:was looking for some recommendations from experience on a good screen recorder for use with Assault Cube with minimal lag.
Thanks given by:
WeGame maybe?
Thanks given by:
OBS isn't too bad, but I'm sure there are probably better ones out there.
Thanks given by:
Fraps is perfect and you can record without having any lag if you set it in the good way.
I personally use a whole 30go espace partition dedicated to Fraps, so that, absolutelly lag-free, but because it's a recorded, you may have some bugs with it (as with all the recorders).
-Because it will force your FPS to stay at a value, you may have a lot of hit-drops
-In editing mode, the cube you will select will not be at your crosshair point, it will randomly move and be offcentered.

Thanks given by:
I used ffsplit whenever I streamed . It wasnt the best qualit but thats simply because usually it was a situation with "we need this match streamed now" and I never configured it correctly.
Thanks given by:
I also have Xsplit to stream, even if I never streamed a lot, I configured it well, it all depends of my connection, however, it's a really bad video quality if it is used to record, and the sound quality is terrible.
Because Fraps doesn't detect The Binding of Isaac, I needed to use Xsplit, it doesn't lag at all, there is no hit-drop, lag spike etc but I let you see the result by yourself:

Edit: I can record at 120 fps on AssaultCube with Fraps on my 3 years old laptop.
Thanks given by:
Have you tried Bandicam? :
Thanks given by:
Maybe you can try Xfire, you're able to record without lagg.
Thanks given by:
I couldn't find any video documentation for the latest Xfire -- I can't manually add games (does nothing) and it doesn't detect Assaultcube
Thanks given by:
I use FRAPS myself but can be laggy at times.

I have heard good things about bandicam, camstudio, hypercam and others.
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 14, 01:17PM)MykeGregory Wrote: I have heard good things about bandicam

it's crap
Thanks given by:
Dxtory is by far the best program for what you need!

Fraps is good but Dxtory is much better, trust me!
Thanks given by:
I found a program that would work well with my integrated graphics card -- FFSplit.
Now the question is, what resolution is good to record AC with?

1. 1280 x 720
2. 800 x 600
3. 640 x 480
4. Other

Obviously I get the best in-game FPS with the lower resolution, but it's not too much less for bigger ones.

Is there a better resolution for Youtube mobile?
Thanks given by:
How much FPS are you getting?
Thanks given by:
40-50 range, dipping into 30's occasionally and sometimes rising into 60's
Could maybe get more with video settings.
Thanks given by:
i used 1024x768

decent but the letters are not very sharp. decent frames though. its always going to be a tradeoff
Thanks given by:
lol -- just realized you suggested FFSplit -_- I really don't remember how I found it, I don't understand why I would forget if someone recommended it :/

It crashes a lot when you change settings but it works.
Thanks given by: