Autoteam
So I see a lot of people complaining about autoteam being uneven. So I'm here to ask, how would you LIKE autoteam to act? What are even teams to you?
Thanks given by:
It's more of a problem with it changing the teams at a bad time i.e. 100 hp and armour about to take the opponent's flag. Also, if one team has good teamwork, it just switches things around and undoes all that work by evening out the flags.
Thanks given by:
It's not that it's uneven, it's that it ruins teamwork and puts off new players. Even if the teams are even, the system will still swap players to even up flags, which makes zero sense.

I'd like for it to not exist at all.
Thanks given by:
I do agree with this as it does get a little annoying, but can't the server owners disable autoteam?
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see if the server itself can call votes (that only pass with majority vote of course) automatically for such occurrences in lieu of automatic team disruption.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 13, 05:15PM)ExodusS Wrote: About autoteam:

(22 Jun 13, 04:59PM)Luc@s Wrote: Does this system really needs rework ?

Well, this is the best exemple I can give, today on a public server, this is what happened when Sanzo shuffled teams:

Before:
After:
This is worst, the aim of a shuffleteams (for the admin) is not to shuffle, it's to balance teams.
In this case, the shuffleteams increased the ratio, frags and points of the winning team, and decreased the ratio, frags and points of the loosing team, making the game even more unbalanced than before.

A new command should have as main aim to balance a public game, but forcing/switching only a few players.

I can take an exemple, take a look of the more fair score that could be if we switch w00p|Sanzo'' with .rC|Marti on the second screenshot (they both have 1 flags so it doesn't affect flag balance):

RVSF: 103 frags ; 91 deaths ; 1005 points

CLA: 96 frags ; 97 deaths ; 1250 points

Yes there is a 245 points difference, but it's always better than 430.
Thanks given by:
@Orynge, I don't think it's possible to fix that. Because no matter when you try to autoteam, someone will always be unhappy.

@Cactus: I think autoteam IS meant to balance flags and not kills. I think this should be /one/ goal of autoteam. There can be even kills, but one flag is camping while the other team is trying to get flags. I've seen this before and it's annoying.

@Versace: not sure

@Felix-The-Ghost: That's a good idea.

@ExodusS: Some things are easier to do as humans than as a computer.
Thanks given by:
Damn i was bad with shotty in that game exo took as an example
Thanks given by:
(12 Apr 14, 06:55PM)Marti Wrote: Damn i was bad with shotty in that game exo took as an example

why do you sound surprised?

#NotAShotgunGod
Thanks given by:
(12 Apr 14, 06:45PM)Mousikos Wrote: @ExodusS: Some things are easier to do as humans than as a computer.

So idn't that better to let humans do this instead of letting the server taking bad decisions?
Thanks given by:
(12 Apr 14, 08:19PM)Vanquish Wrote: why do you sound surprised?

#NotAShotgunGod

Cuz i rek wit mah shotty m8

I normally get a 1 ratio on gothic ^^
Thanks given by:
(13 Apr 14, 09:29AM)ExodusS Wrote:
(12 Apr 14, 06:45PM)Mousikos Wrote: @ExodusS: Some things are easier to do as humans than as a computer.

So idn't that better to let humans do this instead of letting the server taking bad decisions?

Well the one thing that has always bothered me about letting players shuffleteams is there's always this guy who no matter how even the teams are, insists on shuffling if he is losing.
Thanks given by:
(13 Apr 14, 08:34PM)Mousikos Wrote: Well the one thing that has always bothered me about letting players shuffleteams is there's always this guy who no matter how even the teams are, insists on shuffling if he is losing.

What of there is this kind of guy in both teams?
Thanks given by:
(13 Apr 14, 09:19PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(13 Apr 14, 08:34PM)Mousikos Wrote: Well the one thing that has always bothered me about letting players shuffleteams is there's always this guy who no matter how even the teams are, insists on shuffling if he is losing.

What of there is this kind of guy in both teams?

Well one of them is winning duh
Thanks given by:
Problem is, there's actually people who would rather shuffle than having his kdr getting wrecked for the sake of a balanced game.

Personally, I'd get rid of the whole shuffle team thingy and just allow admins to play around with /forceteam cn instead. Else just let random players use that command and admins both forceteam and shuffleteam if they find there's the need to do so.

You will find gaps on this though, such as crappy admins or not being able to shuffle when there's a real unbalanced game and no admin is there to sort things out. Still, if you really care, you should be the first to take the bullet and jump to the other team if that makes things better, in case no one else wants forceteam himself.
Thanks given by:
(12 Apr 14, 07:35AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I'd like to see if the server itself can call votes (that only pass with majority vote of course) automatically for such occurrences in lieu of automatic team disruption.
Thanks given by:
(13 Apr 14, 11:15PM)Stranz Wrote: Still, if you really care, you should be the first to take the bullet and jump to the other team if that makes things better, in case no one else wants forceteam himself.

You make it sound like a bad thing? I change teams often in pubs as I end up facing a bunch of people who may not play very often. I would rather face a challenge then score 100000 flags. Fuck KDR, mine is never good anyway haha.
Thanks given by:
I actually had no idea the forceteam death counted against you. Perhaps it should queue up the switch for the next time you die?

E.G. "Vote passed, player will be switched on next death"

And remember the player if they try to disconnect and reconnect that the other team needs them.
Thanks given by:
Just like Felix said: you must go to the other team when you're dead.
Thanks given by:
Okay, so say there are two people on CLA that are 52-2 and just don't die and one of them should be forced to RSVF. Then what?
Thanks given by:
On death or a minute passes with an on-screen timer for the person to switch.
Thanks given by:
....on screen timer? That seems... intrusive
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 14, 04:01AM)Mousikos Wrote: ....on screen timer? That seems... intrusive

Tbh it's great for intemidation.
Thanks given by:
The timer would only be on the persons to switch screen, and only appear when there is like ten seconds left (assuming they live that long)

Vote Passed: Player x will be switched to the enemy team
Internal timer set for x seconds
Player is switched immediately when they die or disconnect and reconnect
If still alive and timer has x seconds left, display "Switching teams in x..."
Thanks given by: