Virus??
If I open AC AVG Antivirus detects general behavior blablablabla is this natural?
Thanks given by:
No, Microsoft Windows isn't natural.

Give us more information about the warning, and I'll be more informative ;)
Thanks given by:
Depends. Did you get it from assaultcube.myverizon33.xpronz.it or did you get it from http://assault.cubers.net/download.html?

It matters.
Thanks given by:
(03 Mar 14, 09:47AM)MarcClint21 Wrote: If I open AC AVG Antivirus detects general behavior blablablabla is this natural?
First, start to type what you replaced with "blablablabla". From there, the people that haves the patience to walk you thru every single step (as in your other thread) will be able to help you.

(03 Mar 14, 11:12AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: No, Microsoft Windows isn't natural.
AC linux bug due to gcc -O3 isn't natural ;)
Thanks given by:
It what it's called "false positive"

Your anti-virus will detect and intercept all programs which want uses the net. Don't worry about that. I think you can set a rule on you anti-virus and/or firewall to set AC as... dependable?
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2yv4b2x.png]

there
Thanks given by:
As has been said, this is a false positive. The best thing you can do is uninstall AVG, which is awful compared to what it was many years ago. If you must have AV, try Avast, Avira, Bitdefender or Panda Cloud, all of which are reported to be better than AVG.
Thanks given by:
The question is not about computer viruses.
Current antivirus programs try to predict what a virus will do. So they protect you.
Your sntivirus is saying that AC is accessing "files" of your system. And this is true.
Your antivirus is saying that AC is accessing your internet. And this is true.
Your antivirus is correct. It (ty hgf-arg) is a great antivirus.
My recommendation is that you increase the security of your computer with a firewall.
I recommend Zone Alarm.
Do not replace antivirus because of a game.
* Important: Panda antivirus will use your internet too and it may crash Windows eventually.

To know exactly what kind of information the AC collects from your computer, please see the code and analyze traffic network .

To have more control over your computer, install "Spybot - Search & Destroy".

English ... :)
Thanks given by:
I remember those days, when I used to run windows and have AVG.

Ah, those weren't the days.

<3 Linux.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 1KeI2UT.jpg]

I know is old but..

and the guy tried to sell a copy to Linus Torvalds.

Quote:"No thanks, I have my own OS."

lol

EDIT

[Image: 5V8AacK.png]
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 14, 09:49AM)1Cap Wrote: He is a great antivirus.
When you talk about 'something' you have to put 'It' not 'he'. Just my two cents, not trolling.

@MarcClint21 : All AV can be configured to ignore any program you trust, AssaultCube is not a virus, so you can put it in the ignore list of AVG, if you're going to keep using it.
Thanks given by:
Anti-virus on windows?

How sheep are you?
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 14, 10:51AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: I remember those days, when I used to run windows and have AVG.

<3 Linux.

I remember those days, when I used to run Ubuntu and Debian and use default repositories.

<3 Arch.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Anti-virus on windows?

How sheep are you?

omg guys he protects himself from malware lol what a sheep amirite baa baa

Hey guess what, driveby downloads don't care how much of a badass you are on the internet, but good luck with that scheme

Quote:I remember those days, when I used to run Ubuntu and Debian and use default repositories.

<3 Arch.

I remember those days, when I used to run Arch and use binary packages.

<3 Gentoo.

Nah I still run Arch though. :>
Thanks given by:
this guy and his questions, lol...

i feel like he is a lumberjack dancing ballet.

Mr. Clint... you are out of your depth, find a friend irl that can teach you everything from how to walk to super-basic computer stuff, and save everyone on the forum some time.
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 14, 08:59PM)Jack Wrote:

How sheep are you?

Hey guess what, driveby downloads don't care how much of a badass you are on the internet, but good luck with that scheme

If windows isnt open source then why should i waste my tiime protecting nsa backdoored spyware os with spy/scam/scareware?

and besides there more efficient ways to rotect your windows gaming pc with just adblocks and looking at the url before you click or d/l anything...

but then again, i assume people smart enough use windows for games and gnu/bsd for everything else.
Thanks given by:
last post look at this if in morning the ping is
[Image: t89ft4_th.png]

and in the afternoon i see this
[Image: 2uosaw4_th.png]

Mod edit: thumbnailed images
Thanks given by:
(07 Mar 14, 08:03PM)Iguana Wrote:
(06 Mar 14, 08:59PM)Jack Wrote:

How sheep are you?

If windows isnt open source then why should i waste my tiime protecting nsa backdoored spyware os with spy/scam/scareware?

and besides there more efficient ways to rotect your windows gaming pc with just adblocks and looking at the url before you click or d/l anything...

but then again, i assume people smart enough use windows for games and gnu/bsd for everything else.

How do you know linux doesn't have a NSA backdoor? When was the last time you looked through the kernel source code? What about your distributions? Do you know how each part of your operating system works? Stop spreading FUD.

Adblocks and paying attention to the URL isn't everything. DNS Hijacking? I had that happen to be with spybot before.

How fast do you think URL redirect works? Or do you not trust the people who write your browser plugins to detect that?

Do you know why a trojan horse is called a trojan horse? A trojan horse masquerades as something you'd /want/ to download but is actually malware. How do you suppose you're going to stop that with "adblockers and looking at URLs"?

And don't you assume linux is perfect.

Do you remember this? http://www.securityweek.com/ssh-backdoor...x-rootkits

In, I think, the 3.2 version of the kernel buried somewhere inside there is a comment similar to "THIS IS BADLY WRITTEN".

Don't assume GNU/BSD is perfect. Did you know OS X is based on FreeBSD, among other things? Check this out: http://macscan.securemac.com/spyware-list

I don't really know what you against Windows.
Thanks given by:
This is why I play AC inside a VM, there are plenty of potential exploits in AC that make me cringe.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 14, 06:29PM)TheNihilanth Wrote: This is why I play AC inside a VM, there are plenty of potential exploits in AC that make me cringe.

Dat lag.
Thanks given by:
2014- The year of Linux !

Why does every thread about viruses in almost every forum turns out to be about Linux vs Windows? :D
Thanks given by:
I'd just like to say, as someone who uses both operating systems, and understands the benefits and annoyances of each, there are no viruses in the official download of AC. Thank you.
Thanks given by:
^ that's something the virus distributors would say
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 14, 08:45PM)jamz Wrote: I'd just like to say, as someone who uses both operating systems, and understands the benefits and annoyances of each, there are no viruses in the official download of AC. Thank you.

if there are no viruses in AC, how do you know about every aspect of our lives? that's how you catch the cheaters right?
Thanks given by:
There is nothing like that in AC. Your lives are pretty boring actually and we are not curious about them.
Thanks given by:
(10 Mar 14, 11:22PM)Luc@s Wrote: Your lives are pretty boring actually
THERE IS VIRUS. THEY KNOW.
Thanks given by:
People still use anti-virus?
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 14, 05:15PM)Boomhauer Wrote: People still use anti-virus?

Yes.
Thanks given by:
It's a false positive since always, you have just to allow your firewall to launch this "exe"cutable manually.
And about anti-virus, they need very much ressource above all... it's not necessary for old computers.
Thanks given by:
you can try it:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/
try free one
Thanks given by: