Can we as a community move away from using the TyD whitelist?
It is damn near impossible to get onto the TyD whitelist. The only person who seems to be able to add to it goes AWOL for months at a time. Both gibbed.me and pwnz.org use it, I believe. When your clan is recruiting, your memberlist changes very fast. However, when those changes are reported but are not reflected into the whitelist after several months, people start to lose faith in the whitelist.

Please, let's move away from TyD whitelist.
Thanks given by:
Not to mention the Blacklist.
Thanks given by:
|AoX| nicknameblacklist.cfg

Ours is available for review and we update it daily...

If you feel this list needs to be modified, or if you have clan entries you would like to be appended to this list please let me know...

Plug:
I would encourage others to use this, simply because of how many people I find tag abusing |AoX|
I consider this to be the definitive member list for our clan...
Thanks given by:
I second the move away from the TyD whitelist, as it's not updated regurarly.
Thanks given by:
My IP hasn't been in 82.34.0.0/16 since October 2012. 77.96.0.0/16 is where it's at.
Thanks given by:
Thanks jamz. Someone remind me to get my ISP's blocks when I get my new PC.
Thanks given by:
You should be updated now, jamz - sorry for the trouble...
This is also to the point of some of the established lists being outdated, though....
I am willing to try and take the torch if people are willing to provide updated information...
Thanks given by:
Randum uses his own lists on gibbed.me: http://www.gibbed.me/bl/index.shtml
and I pull them to pwnz.org servers. You can contact any of the admins listed on that site to have it updated.
Thanks given by:
Ah, I was mistaken then. I'll go steal a copy of our whitelist from forever lol
Thanks given by:
Isn't TyD dead anyways?
Thanks given by:
Pretty much...
Thanks given by:
just dont use whitelists generally. a little impersonation never hurt anybody
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 14, 01:25PM)Jack Wrote: Randum uses his own lists on gibbed.me: http://www.gibbed.me/bl/index.shtml
and I pull them to pwnz.org servers. You can contact any of the admins listed on that site to have it updated.

I use a part of Randum's list that I deemed was 'safe' - meaning that it was still relevant....Many of the other entries in those lists are not up-to-date either...Again, to the point of this post...
Part of the issue I think is that there hasn't been a unified effort for creating a universal nickname whitelist...
Thanks given by:
I believe the BoB whitelist is pretty up to date...

http://thebillybobers.net/stuff/serverFi...cklist.cfg
Thanks given by:
Nice try there slick. Change B}Foxy-Grim to B}D3M0NW0LF, then it's up to date.

Nevermind, read the B} section is commented out.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 14, 02:42AM)PhaNtom Wrote: I believe the BoB whitelist is pretty up to date...

http://thebillybobers.net/stuff/serverFi...cklist.cfg

Pretty close. Pi's is a bit out of date
Thanks given by:
If you PM me the full one I'll update it for you.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 14, 12:54AM)Waffles Wrote: just dont use whitelists generally. a little impersonation never hurt anybody
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 14, 04:31AM)Mousikos Wrote: It is damn near impossible to get onto the TyD whitelist. The only person who seems to be able to add to it goes AWOL for months at a time. Both gibbed.me and pwnz.org use it, I believe. When your clan is recruiting, your memberlist changes very fast. However, when those changes are reported but are not reflected into the whitelist after several months, people start to lose faith in the whitelist.

Please, let's move away from TyD whitelist.

You're wrong. I (gibbed.me) do not use ANY one elses white/black lists. I use my own. Please read this for more info: http://www.gibbed.me/bl/index.shtml

Any of my admins can update it at anytime (in a very easy fashion).
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 14, 01:00AM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote:
(17 Feb 14, 01:25PM)Jack Wrote: Randum uses his own lists on gibbed.me: http://www.gibbed.me/bl/index.shtml

I use a part of Randum's list that I deemed was 'safe' - meaning that it was still relevant....Many of the other entries in those lists are not up-to-date either...Again, to the point of this post...
Part of the issue I think is that there hasn't been a unified effort for creating a universal nickname whitelist...

Oh, thanks Jack.

Re: My whitelists... it's as up-to-date as anyone allows it to be. The whitelist responsibility is always that of the whitelistee's.... i.e. the clans.

If the clan that is on the whitelist, wants to change the whitelist, they just email me and I sort it.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 14, 11:40PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Any of my admins can update it at anytime (in a very easy fashion).

+1
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 14, 03:25AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(18 Feb 14, 11:40PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Any of my admins can update it at anytime (in a very easy fashion).

+1

Yup.
Thanks given by:
Why is O4 still in your whitelist? :p
Thanks given by:
Because it's easier to complain about not updated whitelists than to pm someone that can fix it.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 14, 11:33AM)Marti Wrote: Why is O4 still in your whitelist? :p

(19 Feb 14, 11:46AM)Medusa Wrote: Because it's easier to complain about not updated whitelists than to pm someone that can fix it.

Exactly... aaaand, now they're gone.

You've had six (Jamz, Draul, Jack, Medusa, Ronald_Reagan, myself) gibbed.me admins talk in this thread, I think that's sufficient to show that we're around. Contact us whenever you need things changed.

Also note, I keep admin logs, Medusa and MPx are currently the most active admins.
Thanks given by:
I also think you should update BC since i even spotted a |BC|Harrek :)

(Yeah, no pm i know)
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 14, 02:01PM)Marti Wrote: I also think you should update BC since i even spotted a |BC|Harrek :)

(Yeah, no pm i know)

Yeah, I don't even think BC are alive anymore...?
Thanks given by:
I saw |BC|Wubboy at one point this year, i think.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 14, 09:39PM)RandumKiwi Wrote:
(19 Feb 14, 02:01PM)Marti Wrote: I also think you should update BC since i even spotted a |BC|Harrek :)

(Yeah, no pm i know)

Yeah, I don't even think BC are alive anymore...?

After bouke left there's the occasional oldie on a pub i think

Not really alive as far as i can tell

Edit: afaik TBR and HyPE also arent alive anymore
Thanks given by:
TBR was closed by the leader.
Thanks given by: