AssaultCube 1.2.0.2 released!
(07 Nov 13, 09:00AM)RandumKiwi Wrote:
(06 Nov 13, 01:44PM)eldelantero Wrote: ... crash on Linux system...

Lucas, or another code will need to look into this... it doesn't look like a compiler issue and you've now just tested it with 2 different compilers too (g++ and clang)!

i won't have time to help with it, ask someone who can actually reproduce this problem, thanks
same for the MS issue, my code works for me, and i don't see why it would not for the others, so i'm afraid it's again a "built with wrong ACAC version" issue.
so ***again**, please set up a private repo for ACAC, and get someone else to fix that bug if you want it done quickly enough.
also, please performs the tests i asked
Thanks given by:
First time noticing hitsound bug on 1.2(.0.1). I was playing in single-player mode, afaik hitsounds should also work there.
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 13, 08:03PM)Elite Wrote: First time noticing hitsound bug on 1.2(.0.1). I was playing in single-player mode, afaik hitsounds should also work there.

same, but this also happened to me in 1.1 so I thought it was normal :/
Thanks given by:
whenever i want to load the masterserver to connect to a pub, i get all the servers, and i can see which players are on it, though i get the message: Masterserver not responding whenever i try to connect to a server

i can't connect to any server and the /connect also doesnt help.

i had this for like 7 times now, and i restarted AC everytime to see if it would work, but sadly no.

this is what i get:
[Image: D2O47S0.jpg]

now i cant play .... meh
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 13, 08:10PM)Vanquish Wrote: same, but this also happened to me in 1.1 so I thought it was normal :/

true, but after some seconds everything was fine again, happened to me especially on ac_power but could be also due to lag.

But now hitsounds were off for the entire game until i stopped.

(07 Nov 13, 08:40PM)Marti Wrote: whenever i want to load the masterserver to connect to a pub, i get all the servers, and i can see which players are on it, though i get the message: Masterserver not responding whenever i try to connect to a server

i had this for like 7 times now, and i restarted AC everytime to see if it would work, but sadly no.

this is what i get:

now i cant play .... meh

Exactly same bug for me.
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 13, 08:10PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(07 Nov 13, 08:03PM)Elite Wrote: First time noticing hitsound bug on 1.2(.0.1). I was playing in single-player mode, afaik hitsounds should also work there.

same, but this also happened to me in 1.1 so I thought it was normal :/

Was fixed in 1.2.0.1.

/hitsound 0 = off (default)
/hitsound 1 = play hitsound when server detects hits
/hitsound 2 = play hitsound when client detects hits

It works, I know, because I just went and tested it right now in both SP and MP. Of course, /hitsound 1 won't work in SP for obvious reasons.
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 13, 09:14AM)ketar Wrote: downloaded (mac version running on 10.6.8)
the help file is empty

Thank you, I'll look into that

(07 Nov 13, 09:14AM)ketar Wrote: I can't access to menu
if I press ESC (which usually was giving me the menu)
it gives me a never seen before answer

unknown command:watchingtutorial
(from console or builtin)

EDIT: deleted everything from library. Reinstalled and now it works. There was somewhere a conflict, clearly. Anyhow I guess that whoever install it without trashing the previous release (12.0.0) would/should experience same problem.

Of course I cannot connect to MS has all the others.
Er, thanks for this. I did a revert of my code and forgot that I didn't commit special mac related parts of the code. I might reupload a package, but I think the damage has already been done. Whoops.

(07 Nov 13, 09:53AM)Medusa Wrote: Had the same problem but forgot about it, deleting assaultcube_1.2 in 'Library/Application Support' fixed it.

This, or deleting the binds portion of your saved.cfg should do it.

(07 Nov 13, 08:40PM)Marti Wrote: whenever i want to load the masterserver to connect to a pub, i get all the servers, and i can see which players are on it, though i get the message: Masterserver not responding whenever i try to connect to a server

this is what i get:

now i cant play .... meh

Confused by this, can you do a step-by-step reproduction of how you get the bug?

(07 Nov 13, 09:54PM)Elite Wrote: Exactly same bug for me.

Perhaps you can do the same thing.
Thanks given by:
I have the same bug Marti has.
Thanks given by:
I think we should keep playing 1.1.0.4 for 2 more years xD
Thanks given by:
I have a similar masterserver problem:
At first i have 0 servers on my list. Then when i type the connect to a server and when i go in and then when i check my server list there will be the 1 i connected by typing. So whenever i connect to a server by typing, it will show up in my server list. Also i can't connect to any server from the server list. I can only connect by typing the ip. I can only connect by typing when i don't open my server list. So if i check my server list then i can't connect to any servers. I have an 10.6 version mac
Thanks given by:
I copy/pasted all the servers from servers.cfg from previous versions into my 1201 servers.cfg and now i get a few servers but can't connect just like MotoShadow, Teapot, Marti etc
Thanks given by:
@RR,
Well basically i click multiplayer > join server > masterserver is trying to load, then i get the message that masterserver isnt responding though i can see servers and players on them by pressing f2. Then i click on a server to join it and i get the message from the ss i posted earlier with the |Ax| server as example.

I also tried to connect to sveark.tk and bob-ac.net by using the /connect command, i played there earlier today, but suddenly i cant connect anymore. The mastermodes were open so that isnt the problem.

Is this step by step enough?
Thanks given by:
Lucas: hint to fix "Master server is not replying." bug:

In serverbrowser.cpp there is: 1340: char *content = loadfile(tmpname, &size);"

"tmpname" before this code = "/home/USER/.assaultcube_svn/config/servers_tmp.cfg"

"tmpname" after this code = "/home/USER/.assaultcube_svn//home/USER/.assaultcube_svn//home/USER/.assaul" , so something is wrong.

When I changed "1340" line for: "char *content = loadfile("/home/USER/.assaultcube_svn/config/servers_tmp.cfg", &size);" servers list updating always works!

Please fix now this bug more professionally. :P
Mod edit: cfg > cpp
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 13, 10:52PM)Marti Wrote: @RR,
Well basically i click multiplayer > join server > masterserver is trying to load, then i get the message that masterserver isnt responding though i can see servers and players on them by pressing f2. Then i click on a server to join it and i get the message from the ss i posted earlier with the |Ax| server as example.

I also tried to connect to sveark.tk and bob-ac.net by using the /connect command, i played there earlier today, but suddenly i cant connect anymore. The mastermodes were open so that isnt the problem.

Is this step by step enough?

Try restarting ac DONT look at the server list use the connect command before you do anything else it worked for me just then.
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 13, 10:12PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Thank you, I'll look into that

You welcome :)

But... I don't get what is going to happen now. How to correct this MS bug?

Since my server.cgf was empty (deleted previous AC application support in library) I copied the servers ip from older version (1.1.0.4) but none answers: neither choosing them from the list nor typing /connect ip port.

Is there anything I can do to connect while waiting for a more efficient solution ?

EDIT talked to Medusa and Cleaner. They showed me some gimmicks, but very tricky. So the real question is: when are you going to release a patch/new version to fix this bug?
Thanks given by:
So hey guys!
Why is no-one playing this version yet?

(07 Nov 13, 06:20AM)Cleaner Wrote:
(06 Nov 13, 11:26PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(06 Nov 13, 11:05PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Noticing bugs in edit mode when selecting new map models.
They wont appear.

Have you checked your map cfg

Indeed.
For everybody out there, a lot of the new mapmodels added in v1.2 need to be uncomment first (delete the two slashes // at the front of the line) or they won't show up.

Why has this been implemented?
Thanks given by:
It's been implemented from the start, there is a hard-limit of 256 slots allocated to mapmodels, same goes for textures and sounds.
So, extra models like those made especially for or will only fit certain maps have been put aside.
Thanks given by:
(08 Nov 13, 02:14PM)MykeGregory Wrote: So hey guys!
Why is no-one playing this version yet?

look at my bug report pls lol
Thanks given by:
(08 Nov 13, 09:24AM)ketar Wrote: So the real question is: when are you going to release a patch/new version to fix this bug?

Mac users will get an update today (if I'm not too busy)
Thanks given by:
(08 Nov 13, 06:35PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(08 Nov 13, 09:24AM)ketar Wrote: So the real question is: when are you going to release a patch/new version to fix this bug?

1.2.0.2?
Thanks given by:

it's alright. Take your time, and thanks for what you do.
Thanks given by:
(08 Nov 13, 07:03PM)aarmaageedoon Wrote:

1.2.0.2?

No, 1.2.0.1 done the way it should've been done. Not sure what other platforms will have.
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 13, 10:59PM)grenadier Wrote: Lucas: hint to fix "Master server is not replying." bug:

In serverbrowser.cpp there is: 1340: char *content = loadfile(tmpname, &size);"

"tmpname" before this code = "/home/USER/.assaultcube_svn/config/servers_tmp.cfg"

"tmpname" after this code = "/home/USER/.assaultcube_svn//home/USER/.assaultcube_svn//home/USER/.assaul" , so something is wrong.

When I changed "1340" line for: "char *content = loadfile("/home/USER/.assaultcube_svn/config/servers_tmp.cfg", &size);" servers list updating always works!

Please fix now this bug more professionally. :P
Mod edit: cfg > cpp

Changing in serverbrowser.cpp 1340 line for:

char *content = loadfile(path("config/servers_tmp.cfg", true), &size);

should help.
Thanks given by:
(08 Nov 13, 11:56PM)grenadier Wrote: Changing in serverbrowser.cpp 1340 line for:

char *content = loadfile(path("config/servers_tmp.cfg", true), &size);

should help.

Holy f**k, that worked ;=), thx a lot dear Sir.
Thanks given by:
Mac package re-uploaded, built at r.7637. Revision 7637 includes grenadier's fix.
Thanks given by:
(06 Nov 13, 01:44PM)eldelantero Wrote: Linux Crash bug

Turns out, that libcurl causes your crash. Google found me this fix for you: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/91916...tack-frame

We'll see what we can do about making libcurl behave better for next version.
Thanks given by:
TMP patch for AC 1.2.0.1 on windows : http://packages.ac-akimbo.net/bin_win32/ac_client.exe

a new version / patch for every OS should be posted soon
Thanks given by:
When i try to load this page, it says: 403- Forbidden.
Thanks given by:
;)
Thanks given by:
thx.
Thanks given by: