AssaultCube 1.2.0.2 released!
(16 Dec 13, 08:52AM)Cleaner Wrote: Also this http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7234-post...#pid141871

Again it works for some but doesn't for others, don't ask me why.

I have (from the day I installed it) kept all sound settings at maximum and I haven't had any troubles ever since.

Tried that, didn't work. So I renamed the removethis(rest of name).dll to openal32 and I have kept my sound. Only downside: Spam of errors when the sound bug 'would' happen.
Thanks given by:
I was watching a demo and when I typed the rewind command just crashed

/rewind [positive number]
but works perfectly on negative numbers.

To go forward, works prefectly. but I can't go backward on the demo. :(

EDIT: Better explanation ?
Thanks given by:
Stop taking my MAC address and focus on the in game sound problem.
I have seen new players give up the game because the sound does not work.

Think - More players = more donations = sound working

- I have had no problems with the sound. I changed it to high quality.
Thanks given by:
I have a problem with TAB not displaying scores. Pressing TAB simply doesn't do anything even if it's set in the keyboard settings. Worked fine in the previous version.
Thanks given by:
Hey so I failed miserably at making the game work for me, can someone with a little bit more practice help me?
Thanks given by:
can somebody fix that hitreg issue, today i hit somebody 3 times in a row with sniper and he didnt die. There was no lag, his ping was around 40 and my ping nearly the same, i received 3 clearly hitsounds.

Furthermore this (hit)sound issue still occurs, mostly on power.

PS: Playing with 44% acc (AR) and must be happy if my ratio is positive vs 14/16 noobs on a server. Most of them even dont know where the enemy flag is, they are standing still and shooting you, thats all what they can. But whenever somebody is crouching 24/7 its even more hard to hit him because of hitreg fails. Any advantage you gain like faster reaction, etc are useless because of fking hitreg.
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 13, 07:50PM)Elite Wrote: can somebody fix that hitreg issue, today i hit somebody 3 times in a row with sniper and he didnt die. There was no lag, his ping was around 40 and my ping nearly the same, i received 3 clearly hitsounds.

Furthermore this (hit)sound issue still occurs, mostly on power.

PS: Playing with 44% acc (AR) and must be happy if my ratio is positive vs 14/16 noobs on a server. Most of them even dont know where the enemy flag is, they are standing still and shooting you, thats all what they can. But whenever somebody is crouching 24/7 its even more hard to hit him because of hitreg fails. Any advantage you gain like faster reaction, etc are useless because of fking hitreg.
are you using /hitsound 1 or /hitsound 2 ?

(type "/hitsound" in game)
Thanks given by:
(23 Dec 13, 01:29AM)Luc@s Wrote: are you using /hitsound 1 or /hitsound 2 ?

(type "/hitsound" in game)

hitsound 2

Let me try if /hitsound 1 works better.
Thanks given by:
Any potential reasons I am getting this message when trying to open the mac client?

[Image: 4WFa7L5.png]

EDIT: Nevermind, it was some permission issues from my Security & Privacy settings.
Thanks given by:
Hey, for this version do you think it would be possible to allow it so that multiple admins can be on the same server at one time. I'm pretty sure it's obvious what reasons to add it for, but anyway I think this would be a very cool and useful feature. As far as I am aware, the current version doesn't have it and I don't recall seeing any or posts about this. So, if it is possible I would really love to see it added to the game. :)

Thanks,
TheKid
Thanks given by:
(23 Dec 13, 10:09PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Any potential reasons I am getting this message when trying to open the mac client?

[Image: 4WFa7L5.png]

EDIT: Nevermind, it was some permission issues from my Security & Privacy settings.

Yeah. I don't want to dish out money just to be identified as an Apple developer. Just change your privacy settings and your mac won't be like windows anymore.
Thanks given by:
Playing now with /hitsound 1, might be a bit better, but not perfect yet. But this could also depend on the servers, this FrT Turbo server seems far more stable than those ESP servers.

PS: Something that might look weird, but i have never felt any unhits on teammates. Whenever i spray around with smg and hit them as well, there are always clear hitsounds. Is there a different behaviour (netcode) between teammates and enemies? I would say srsly not, but i have noticed that now quite often.
Thanks given by:
I just found out that 100 HP + 25 armour = 6 hits for AR (instead of 5 without armour), but the same 7 hits for SMG (as if there's no armour).

Hmm.
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 13, 08:07AM)Fate Wrote: I just found out that 100 HP + 25 armour = 6 hits for AR (instead of 5 without armour), but the same 7 hits for SMG (as if there's no armour).

Hmm.

Maybe that is why 95% of the players in B} Leagues used SMG. :D
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 13, 08:07AM)Fate Wrote: I just found out that 100 HP + 25 armour = 6 hits for AR (instead of 5 without armour), but the same 7 hits for SMG (as if there's no armour).

Hmm.

So?
Sniper rifle is one shot (or two if you really want).

The rate of fire, as well as accuracy is important. Pretty sure that the balance is almost spot on for this version. Looking at the numbers like the way you are isn't very accurate.
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 13, 08:14PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Pretty sure that the balance is almost spot on for this version.

almost, but not quite. smg has more leverage over AR most of the time. as such, it is a stronger weapon because it allows you to play with greater versatility. however, if AR can hold a stronger position, it will tear any smg apart in like 5 hits.

perhaps this is intended, but it still means that most players will play smg, as it doesn't require you to be smart to have a good score, whereas the other weapons require you to be smart to actually deal any damage. this is why we have:

(27 Dec 13, 05:31PM)Nightmare Wrote: Maybe that is why 95% of the players in B} Leagues used SMG. :D
Thanks given by:
By the way, I see the server list but i can't enter in any servers...
...what's the problem?
I tried all newest version of AC.
Thanks given by:
For the last two days I'm constantly having this "disconnecting normal" sh*t on any server I connect to. Not sure what the problem is but this is really annoying. Reinstalled AC - no results. Put grafics settings to minimum - nothing either. Internet is working fine. Will try reinstalling Win7.
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 13, 08:14PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Pretty sure that the balance is almost spot on for this version.

I agree. I do think the balance is almost spot on. Almost. :D

I just think the AR should have a greater ability to pierce through armour, or at least have its kickback increased slightly.
Thanks given by:
Shotgun needs a slight boost, i see too few splatters in pubs
Thanks given by:
^^^
Thanks given by:
smg needs a buff
Thanks given by:
Shotgun is finally balanced
Thanks given by:
I tested the 1.2.0.2 yesterday and out of the sound bug (and hitsound problems?) everything was fine, including the weapon balance that offers a public game with all weapons. Really fun and enjoyable.
Thanks given by:
(29 Dec 13, 10:10AM)Rainbow Wrote: Shotgun is finally balanced

kind of... but it has the same issue as with carbine. sniper is just superior in almost every situation. not to say that shotgun isn't viable though.
Thanks given by:
(29 Dec 13, 02:56PM)Undead Wrote:
(29 Dec 13, 10:10AM)Rainbow Wrote: Shotgun is finally balanced

kind of... but it has the same issue as with carbine. sniper is just superior in almost every situation. not to say that shotgun isn't viable though.

Yes, but at least if you pepper someone side-on in the arm for example it will do a lot less damage than peppering them front- on from the same distance.
Thanks given by:
(29 Dec 13, 06:47PM)Rainbow Wrote: Yes, but at least if you pepper someone side-on in the arm for example it will do a lot less damage than peppering them front- on from the same distance.

That's because you're hitting the slender side of the hitbox.

The more 'little pellets' that hit the player, the more damage dealt.
Thanks given by:
(29 Dec 13, 06:47PM)Rainbow Wrote: Yes, but at least if you pepper someone side-on in the arm for example it will do a lot less damage than peppering them front- on from the same distance.

Ill splatter you from the side, no problemo amigo
Thanks given by:
redneck christian side hug
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 13, 09:09PM)Marti Wrote:
Ill splatter you from the side, no problemo amigo

I was referring to the difference of damage made over a distance.
Thanks given by: