Better FPS ????
i am stable 60 fps with vsync on and unstable 50-120 fps with it off , anyways anyway i could get better fps even if it is unstable to maybe 70-150 or something ,

Just asking what i could do to get better fps

P.S i have Graphics set on lowest , gib on 0 , maxroll 8 ( sometimes 20 cuz im bored ) ,FOV 120( all the way ), all HUD on , taxreduce or something -1 ,
gamma 150 i think,

thats all i can think of right now
Thanks given by:
You could try V-Man's FPS Booster:

http://www.akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=694 (It hasn't been transferred to new Akimbo yet, so it's an akimbo.in link.)
Thanks given by:
^^^^mentioned booster got me about 25 fps
Thanks given by:
Can lower the resolution to 800x600.
:o
Thanks given by:
yeah, i would say lower your resolution..
Turn off any background programs (AntiVirus etc)
And if you're using a laptop, put it on charge...
Thanks given by:
Razer Gamebooster is the obvious one
Thanks given by:
/trilinear 0
/bilinear 0 (makes your AC look ugly though)
/lighterror 100
/blood 0
All I can think of for now.
Thanks given by:
/maxfps 2
Thanks given by:
okay 800x600

/trilinear 0
/bilinear 0 (makes your AC look ugly though)
/lighterror 100
/blood 0

gonna try now and come back to see about fps booster

had everything but the bilinear and in a corner standing still i got 200 fps , thanks everyone
Thanks given by:
My 3GB of Memory RAM makes my fps stay stable :)
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 04:14AM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: My 3GB of Memory RAM makes my fps stay stable :)

LOL :)

Ram doesn't really affect FPS...
BTW: 3GB ram is just nothing in 2013 :)
Thanks given by:
good point.
I have 8GB.
Thanks given by:
I have 2x2.8 Quad Xeon, 14GB Ram and a decent graphical card.
Sadly I can't even play on 'Best' graphics :s

I should maybe try a bit with V-sync...
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 07:31AM)MathiasB Wrote: I have 2x2.8 Quad Xeon, 14GB Ram and a decent graphical card.
Sadly I can't even play on 'Best' graphics :s

I should maybe try a bit with V-sync...
Is it, by any chance, apple?
Thanks given by:
Yeps, it is... Mac Pro
Assault Cube should have an FPS of infite on my machine :p
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 02:33PM)MathiasB Wrote: Yeps, it is... Mac Pro
Assault Cube should have an FPS of infite on my machine :p

The price does not affect performances. ;)
Thanks given by:
I don't care about the price...
You've seen the specs, even outside an 'Apple box' it's worth a lot... :)
Thanks given by:
My 2006 laptop can rape your apple.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 06:56AM)MathiasB Wrote: Ram doesn't really affect FPS...
Really? I have an old PC with 512 MB of RAM, and when i use it for play AC, it looks laggy

(03 Jun 13, 06:56AM)MathiasB Wrote: BTW: 3GB ram is just nothing in 2013 :)
I bought my laptop 4 years ago LOL!
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 07:31AM)MathiasB Wrote: I have 2x2.8 Quad Xeon, 14GB Ram and a decent graphical card.
(03 Jun 13, 02:33PM)MathiasB Wrote: Assault Cube should have an FPS of infite on my machine :p

If you have the model I'm thinking of it comes with an 8800GT which is almost seven years old and is incredibly weak for modern gaming, you'd be lucky to get a stable 250fps on AC at low settings with it. Your CPU/RAM are great, but they're not major factors when it comes to getting a good framerate. I built my own PC for less than a third of what you pay for some Apples or Alienwares, and I can run Crysis 3 on ultra with a great framerate. If you want to see improved gaming performance, I recommend that you upgrade your GPU (but not if you're planning to only play AC since that's kinda pointless lol)
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 04:41PM)Skinny-Dog Wrote:
(03 Jun 13, 06:56AM)MathiasB Wrote: Ram doesn't really affect FPS...
Really? I have an old PC with 512 MB of RAM, and when i use it for play AC, it looks laggy

That doesn't mean your lack of ram causes your laggyness. That is probably caused by a bad GPU.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 04:26PM)PhaNtom Wrote: My 2006 laptop can rape your apple.

Haha, don't think so :)
Btw: My Mac Pro is an older one (2008)

(03 Jun 13, 04:48PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote:
(03 Jun 13, 02:33PM)MathiasB Wrote: Assault Cube should have an FPS of infite on my machine :p

If you have the model I'm thinking of it comes with an 8800GT which is almost seven years old and is incredibly weak for modern gaming, you'd be lucky to get a stable 250fps on AC at low settings with it. Your CPU/RAM are great, but they're not major factors when it comes to getting a good framerate. I built my own PC for less than a third of what you pay for some Apples or Alienwares, and I can run Crysis 3 on ultra with a great framerate. If you want to see improved gaming performance, I recommend that you upgrade your GPU (but not if you're planning to only play AC since that's kinda pointless lol)

I totally agree, however the Nvida 8800GT should be able to run AC in very high settings. It's not the newest one, but it should handle AC very well :)
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 05:33PM)MathiasB Wrote: Btw: My Mac Pro is an older one (2008)

I just checked MacBook pro prices and I think $2000 is a lot for a basic screen in a grand-ma design with a 660GT crafic card, 4GB ram (i have the same) and a 2nd gen I5 processor 2.4Ghtz (i have the 3rd gen, since 2 years). Plus I won't know prices of independent stuffs (if you need to change your keyboard, I bet you can't do it alone, and keyboards are certainly expensive).
EDIT: More infos about the config, 1/2TB memory (what I have)

I didn't take a custom Dell computer and with a very inferior price ($1600) I bough a very similar config... It was 2 years ago.

Apple always scam everyone on every product they sell, it's their main rule to create profits. It's the most expensive fruit in the universe, by far.

BTW: My computer works as well as the first day, I've broke a key of my keyboard but I'll change it by myself soon, there is 0 dust into fans even if I don't clean it etc...

(03 Jun 13, 05:33PM)MathiasB Wrote: I totally agree, however the Nvida 8800GT should be able to run AC in very high settings. It's not the newest one, but it should handle AC very well :)

My old laptop (6 years old now) had the 6600GT and I had 300+ fps.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 07:42PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I just checked MacBook pro prices and I think $2000 is a lot for a basic screen in a grand-ma design with a 660GT crafic card, 4GB ram (i have the same) and a 2nd gen I5 processor 2.4Ghtz (i have the 3rd gen, since 2 years). Plus I won't know prices of independent stuffs (if you need to change your keyboard, I bet you can't do it alone, and keyboards are certainly expensive).
EDIT: More infos about the config, 1/2TB memory (what I have)

I have a Mac Pro, not a MacBook Pro.
You can't compare a Xeon to an i5... I'll just blow you away in calculating :)

For the rest... I'm unhappy with the course that Apple is following right now... I used Apple in the days when it wasn't cool. Now everyone has a Mac and does nothing with it but Facebook and showcasing it to everyone. I'm not that kinda user...
Thanks given by:
Quote: I recommend that you upgrade your GPU (but not if you're planning to only play AC since that's kinda pointless lol)

definetely upgrading GPU to get better AC performace :D
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 08:33PM)FireDeath Wrote:
Quote: I recommend that you upgrade your GPU (but not if you're planning to only play AC since that's kinda pointless lol)

definetely upgrading GPU to get better AC performace :D

Yeah, of course, I've just ordered a GeForce GTX TITAN for Assault Cube only :)

* sarcasm mode off
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 08:18PM)MathiasB Wrote: You can't compare a Xeon to an i5... I'll just blow you away in calculating :)

Yes but Xeon is not dedicated to Apple stuffs, and I am sure it will be cheaper out of Mac computers, for the same processor. (and Xeon is useless for games, or maybe you are in the NASA? :D)
I though you had a laptop, that's why I compared Mac laptops with mine, Mac laptops are more expensive today than the price of my computer I bough 2 years ago, and of course, configs are almost the same, so yes, you said id, Mac took a bad orientation, everyone think Apple is the "high quality" compared to others laptops/mobile/tablets, but it's false.
Thanks given by:
What kind of processor do you have Mathias?
Thanks given by:
good pc = good fps, no secret.
Thanks given by:
There's an issue with mac's performance generally with games. In theory, my iMac should be able to run ac well. It does to a certain extent, but after making the gaming switch to windows and linux, i will never attempt to play another game on a mac. This is also coming from an avid mac user. For artistic things, mac all day. Besides that, forget about it
Thanks given by: