Summer Cup
I will be organising the Summer AC Cup in place of Xenon.
We've generated the tree (using seeding).
If your team is signed up below but cannot play please tell us!

Check out the tree

Rules
We have accepted 16 teams to play (and some backup teams)
The first week of matches will begin 20 May
The tournament structure is double elimination so each team must lose twice to be eliminated
The first time a team loses they move to the lower bracket
Eventually the winners of the lower and upper brackets play each other

You may not play if you have cheated in the last 6 months
Once a player has played for a team they may not play for a different team
Please be polite and don't disrupt the matches
Using glitches or dropping the flag in inaccessible locations is disallowed
All matches should be played on hit-fixed servers (unless both teams agree not to)
If a team agrees to a time and doesn't show up within 30mins the other team wins (provided they have evidence)

Each team will play one match per week
Matches are played 3v3 (substitutes must be benched)
In the event of a lag out the teams may play on (ideally with a substitute)
Each week a round thread will be provided to arrange matches
In the event a match isn't played, the team that tried hardest to arrange it and was most available wins
The winner of the match should post screenshots and demos to the round thread

Whichever team appears higher in the bracket picks a map to play first
Then the other team gets to pick their map
Scoring is based on flags only (so if both teams score the same number of flags neither team wins)
If the number of previous rounds each team has won is tied, then a tiebreaker is played
Tiebreakers are played on both sides and the flags are totalled from both halves
In the event of a tie yet again, a second map is played on both sides

All maps are played in CTF
The following maps are disallowed: arid, aqueous, douze and arabian
Their will be six rounds of matches; below shows each round's tiebreaker maps:

1st Round2nd Round3rd RoundSemi FinalsLower FinalFinals 1Finals 2
werk, outpostdesert3, ingresselevation, gothicsunset, kellerdesert3, outpostshine, werkpower, urban

Please ask any questions you have!
Thanks given by:
If nobody else volunteers, I can stream the games between June 20th - June 25th and after July 10th.
Thanks given by:
So ACWC will not be happening this year?
Thanks given by:
(12 May 13, 11:00PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: So ACWC will not be happening this year?

ACWC will probably follow in July.
Thanks given by:
I assumed the maps shown for each round are the ties, right? since "Whichever team appears higher in the bracket picks a map to play first
Then the other team gets to pick their map"

am I correct?
Thanks given by:
Damn...i wanted to participate.
Thanks given by:
The tree is now locked ?
Thanks given by:
I am bballn45 and I approve of this message and tournament.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Whichever team appears higher in the bracket picks a map to play first

But the maps are allready set. This means that the 'higher' team get to pick on of the 2 maps and chose side? or need the maps to be played in order of appearance? and can the 'higher' team only chose sides?

and the second team has to vote the second map? or can they vote the same map as the 'higher' team.

'higher' team = the team that appears higher in the bracket
Thanks given by:
Is it 2v2, or 3v3 ? And the 2 maps are first and second backup right ?
Thanks given by:
Obviously 3v3..

(13 May 13, 06:55AM)ThePrinter Wrote:
Quote:Whichever team appears higher in the bracket picks a map to play first

But the maps are allready set. This means that the 'higher' team get to pick on of the 2 maps and chose side? or need the maps to be played in order of appearance? and can the 'higher' team only chose sides?

and the second team has to vote the second map? or can they vote the same map as the 'higher' team.

'higher' team = the team that appears higher in the bracket
If I'm not wrong, those r the tiebreak maps, (2nd one is just in cases the tiebreaker is tied). The teams pick their own maps, and if each team wins one pick each, the first tiebreak map is played (which is werk in round 1).. It will be played twice, and then flags from both rounds will be "totalled".. In case of a draw on flags, the 2nd tiebreak map is picked...

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Ang gj organizing this larry.. Finally something to look forward to in AC
Thanks given by:
Woah, so there's a chance of a game going on for 90-100 minutes? Shit.
Thanks given by:
From what I understand, it can... but I highly doubt the 2nd tiebreak maps will be "overplayed"..
Thanks given by:
Bring it on xW!
Thanks given by:
i predict Hunt to defy all odds and win the tournament too easy.
Thanks given by:
ak vs urs 1st round that should weed out a few ummm ahhh...... brazilians!
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 11:21AM)Undead Wrote: i predict Hunt to defy all odds and win the tournament too easy.

I did a prediction like this in the LSS tourney, and Peppermint made it happen.
Thanks given by:
It is indead 3v3. Rules updated to mention this and disconnects.

yopa is correct about the match structure. First one pick each for both teams. If it's tied a tiebreak map is played both sides. If yet again it's tied a second tiebreaker is played both sides. Scoring on flags only.
Thanks given by:
Good luck all. Good job Larry. Hopefully it will be sucessful.
Thanks given by:
Good job Larry, looking forward to this tourney.
How would we decide/know which servers to use? Even though they're all rubbish atm:/
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 07:04PM)Enam Wrote: Good job Larry, looking forward to this tourney.
How would we decide/know which servers to use? Even though they're all rubbish atm:/

Good question, any suggestions from you guys? Referees may not always be present - to some degree we'll have to hope players are reasonable.
Thanks given by:
We need an American fixed/stable server ASAP.
Thanks given by:
* PhaNtom can run a server in America
Thanks given by:
And why 2 times ac_werk ?
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 10:32PM)valf13 Wrote: And why 2 times ac_werk ?

because it's great :-D and we should start playing it more often :-D naaa...
I don't know but +1 for the maps :-D

I must be stupid but I still don't know/understand whether each clan pick their own map or play the given ones for each round :-/

P.S. @Phantom: thank you for offering a server. Talk to Larry so that you can do all the necessary adjustments.
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 11:13PM)EndGame Wrote: I must be stupid but I still don't know/understand whether each clan pick their own map or play the given ones for each round :-/
Each team votes whichever map they wish to play (can't be arid, aqueous, douze and arabian). In case of tie (each team wins one round), then for example in the 1st Round teams would play ac_werk on both sides. If there is a tie in flags, then the second map from the round is played.
Thanks given by:
I have a question. Is it cumulative flags from both rounds or do they count separately?
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 11:44PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(13 May 13, 11:13PM)EndGame Wrote: I must be stupid but I still don't know/understand whether each clan pick their own map or play the given ones for each round :-/
Each team votes whichever map they wish to play (can't be arid, aqueous, douze and arabian). In case of tie (each team wins one round), then for example in the 1st Round teams would play ac_werk on both sides. If there is a tie in flags, then the second map from the round is played.

"lo sospeché desde un principio"
- Chapulín Colorado

;-)
Thanks given by:
go team undead!
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 11:48PM)Waffles Wrote: I have a question. Is it cumulative flags from both rounds or do they count separately?

I asked it to Larry, he said flags are just counting to know who wins the round, nothing more, whereas in tie-break maps, each flags are counting.

The only problem I see in rules is that teams will obviously want to win, so they will vote biased maps. And it will obviously force opponents to do the same.
Thanks given by: