"Master server is not replying"
I recently downloaded AssaultCube 1.1.0.4, and whenever I try to access the server list, I get "Master server is not replying" and an empty list.

I have reinstalled AC to no avail.

I recently had an IP change - so perhaps I've been caught in an IP range ban by accident - as my previous IP (when I was playing in August) was perfectly fine.

My IP is 86.0.xx.xx

Matthew:out
Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 13, 06:57PM)ZirconiumX Wrote: I recently downloaded AssaultCube 1.1.0.4, and whenever I try to access the server list, I get "Master server is not replying" and an empty list.

I recently had an IP change - so perhaps I've been caught in an IP range ban by accident - as my previous IP (when I was playing in August) was perfectly fine.

My IP is 86.0.X.x.

try deleting Documents/AssaultCube_v1.1 or any other folder with a similar name, uninstall AC, reinstall, then try again.
And I suggest removing your IP address from your post. Anyone able to help that needs your IP you should PM it to them instead of posting it here. Not a big deal, but safer.

Cleaner edit: I've removed IP from "quote"
Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 13, 09:56PM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(21 Feb 13, 06:57PM)ZirconiumX Wrote: I recently downloaded AssaultCube 1.1.0.4, and whenever I try to access the server list, I get "Master server is not replying" and an empty list.

My IP is 86.0.xx.xx.

try deleting Documents/AssaultCube_v1.1 or any other folder with a similar name, uninstall AC, reinstall, then try again.

I've already tried this - still no luck.

Quote:And I suggest removing your IP address from your post. Anyone able to help that needs your IP you should PM it to them instead of posting it here. Not a big deal, but safer.

Done, can you remove it from yours?

Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 13, 10:08PM)ZirconiumX Wrote: can you remove it from yours?

Done
Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 13, 10:11PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote:
(21 Feb 13, 10:08PM)ZirconiumX Wrote: can you remove it from yours?

Done

Thanks.

Though I'm not sure if it will make any difference - I'm using the Linux version of AC.

Thanks given by:
lol, I should have thought about the IP when I quoted you... geez I'm getting old. Yes, it does matter that you use Linux. Depending on what distro you use, you will have to find the folder that contains the same files. If you are using Ubuntu it should be /usr/share/games/assaultcube/
Thanks given by:
The problem with the message "it is not possible to connect to MasterServer" continues.
> I enter the new version of AC, "error connecting MasterServer ...."
> After that the current version also gets connection error with MasterServer. Then i must restart the Ruter.
> In several connection attempts, in version 1.2, the list appeared only the 1st time.
> I can no longer connect in version 1.2
- I think that is the case Jamz do their tricks.
Edited: Win7 Ultimate
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 13, 12:03AM)Boomhauer Wrote: lol, I should have thought about the IP when I quoted you... geez I'm getting old. Yes, it does matter that you use Linux. Depending on what distro you use, you will have to find the folder that contains the same files. If you are using Ubuntu it should be /usr/share/games/assaultcube/

I've had a look and there are no files stored there.

I'm using Debian 6.0.6 "Squeeze".

Thanks given by:
I heard that AC 1.2 is pretty cool ... When I get a list of servers .. I'll play ...
:)

Edited:
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 13, 10:07AM)ZirconiumX Wrote: ...

If you installed AC using the tarball downloaded from this site, the equivalent of Documents/AssaultCube_v1.1 will (by default) be ~/.AssaultCube_v1.1 or some such.
Thanks given by: