Assault Cube Radio Logo Competition
Great logos so far!
Thanks given by:
Wow nice Razor!
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 13, 03:59AM)Andrez Wrote: [Image: acron.png]
Yes, legs and body make "AC".
The idea is great. It would be interesting to do some variations of this logo. The concept is signal transmission rather than reception. The AC is transmitting. Nice.
Could you try working some of these concepts in the logo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestalt_psychology
Especially applicable laws:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_Association
Examples:
http://migre.me/dqSWL
Thanks given by:
The idea is a cube(ofc), covered with microphone steel mesh texture and headphone listening to what is on air. The bloody bullet is inspired from the game headshot(assuming the cube as a head) , also on the other hand, you can easily catch the girls' eyes cuz when you wear the logo tshirt you'll bleed from a shot right on your heart. The logo can be easily printed on mugs and other stuffs.
(click on the photos for the original size)
[Image: acradio.jpg]
[Image: acradio_tshirt.jpg]
Thanks given by:
SrPER$AIN, thats really original. Good job. :)
Thanks given by:
Very nice. Cool.
.What do you think of the idea of ​​transmitting rather than receiving?
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 13, 12:40AM)1Cap Wrote:
(27 Feb 13, 06:25PM)SrPER$IAN Wrote:
Very nice. Cool.
.What do you think of the idea of ​​transmitting rather than receiving?
Redundant imo.
Thanks given by:
Like i keep saying to people, its about what you think people would want. Use your imagination.

I want to see one really creative design. Like, that just pops, and isn't nessercairly a pro graphic designers logo, but one that is eye catching and really gets you to say "Oh man, where can I get one of those!".
Thanks given by:
ha, i had the same fucking idea with the cube and the headphones. actually i tried it some days ago. ^^ well done, persian. :)

/edit just noticed R4zor's logo. very nice. whats the name of that lovely font?
Thanks given by:
@kleinkariert ty my friend, just saw your job, it was kinda hided in the posts.it looks cool.
It's not out of expectations to see traces of a cube and stuffs related to radio in almost all presented logos so far.
Thanks given by:
Here is my submission, the graphic is a vector and can be resized to any size without loss of quality. All colors can easily be adjusted as I kept each element separate. I kept it simple and with few colors if you ever want to print it on shirts like you mentioned. The idea was inspired by Banksy's moltov flower guy.

[Image: tlzp5RN.png]

I tried to combine all the elements into a single theme.

+ A cube being thrown to cause assault
+ Main character is listening to radio using headphones
+ Main character is based on the Assault Cube model

Let me know what you think.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 13, 04:48PM)SrPER$IAN Wrote: ...
im not talking about the stuff i posted. im talking about a cube "covered" by headphones, just like you did. no, exactly like yours, even the headphones. it was just funny to see that you had the same idea. ;)
Thanks given by:
simple yet beautifull:

[Image: 1YbIrmc.png]
Thanks given by:
that makes my eye holes bleed
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 13, 08:55PM)Waffles Wrote: that makes my eye holes bleed

I love seeing you appreciate my work
Thanks given by:
protox: I really like the player model but not sure how I feel about the cube in hand.
I also would suggest doing something to the font so it's not just default font. The font in my submission is so heavily modified it looks nothing like it used to :P
Thanks given by:
I’ve done commercial print work before and generally prefer to keep a clean design as it doesn’t translate as well when printed if you start adding heavy effects, especially web 2.0 type of stuff.

The cube is a subtle reference, from first glance you notice the figure first and then recognize the reference to the name if you look closer.
Thanks given by:
protox Wrote:web 2.0 type of stuff
What kind of stuff is that :P
I'm not using gradients or anything.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 12:09AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:
protox Wrote:web 2.0 type of stuff
What kind of stuff is that :P
I'm not using gradients or anything.

I wasn't talking about yours, talking about the general photoshop effects that you find on the web. Drop shadows, gradients, bevel text, they typically don't look good printed, but look fine for web use. Transparency is the worst however.
Thanks given by:
You're right. Such effects do not work with screen printing, though I have had success with DTG printing of designs requiring gradients.

I bet you could still do something unique to your text without using such effects. It doesn't look "bad" by any means, but it looks "common" to me.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 13, 01:24PM)kleinkariert Wrote: just noticed R4zor's logo. very nice. whats the name of that lovely font?
http://www.dafont.com/harabara.font lovely font under the 'donationware' license meaning you can do what you want with it, just give them a thought if you're making money off their work.
(28 Feb 13, 11:53PM)protox Wrote: I’ve done commercial print work before and generally prefer to keep a clean design as it doesn’t translate as well when printed if you start adding heavy effects, especially web 2.0 type of stuff.
Personally, as shared with Felix as far as I can gather, the text just seems too microsoft-word. It's just not unique as he said. Maybe even a slightly different font?

Oh, and if we're bragging, I'll say that my logos are vectors (re-sizable) as well. But it's currently not really relevant.
Thanks to a few of you for the positive comments, there's a lot of good logos, always a good chance to learn a few techniques when there's so much community input!
Thanks given by:
send me the money and ill carry your show.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 03:06AM)R4zor Wrote: I'll say that my logos are vectors (re-sizable) as well. But it's currently not really relevant.

It makes it much easier to do color separations for the printing process.
Thanks given by:
I'm not doing any printing, so I don't give a shit about colour separations, and I doubt CafePress does either. They print it, make money man.

You three stop arguing. K? If the community decides they don't like protox's design, they won't vote for it. You two don't have to vote for his either. Everyone chill.
Thanks given by:
Here is another:

[Image: 7VM9T7H.png]
Thanks given by:
[Image: VwKGGoS.png]
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 08:55AM)DrauL Wrote: You three stop arguing. K? Everyone chill.

I don't think anyone's mad or arguing. I'm not anyway; any tone you get from my posts are read into them. I was just addressing it's not possible to print some designs through the cheaper methods.

I just investigated into CafePress and they use DTG machines. This means the designs should be alright as long as they are a high resolution (they actually print with raster .png files looks like)

Though you still might consider depending on the desired design to shop around with providers (for apparel at least) as traditional screen printing may be cheaper. (CafePress prices)

RKTnoob I really like your design. When I read it I think of the ACR Assault Rifle. I bet some people here might think of AC's rival, Assault Cube Reloaded :P
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 03:50PM)protox Wrote: Here is another:

2nd logo was here

I personally like this one better than your first
Thanks given by:
[Image: wu7q4MC.png]

[Image: w7zYaFZ.png]

EDIT:
Felix-The-Ghost: "I bet some people here might think of AC's rival, Assault Cube Reloaded :P"
[Image: GpW3LQh.png]

Also:
[Image: 3QYmeA9.png]
Thanks given by:
(02 Mar 13, 10:13AM)RKTnoob Wrote: [Image: GpW3LQh.png]

I actually laughed, omg, thats hilarious.
Thanks given by: