New helping hands
Two hands, no wait, four hands will help getting tasks done for AssaultCube. The owner of these hands are Cleaner and VonDrakula. Cleaner is a long term member who has got an excellent title as modeler. And his experiences on this field will incorporate right into this project. Just look out for new shiny map models! On the other hand VanDrakula (don´t be afraid, he won´t bite!) is a newcomer in this community. Nonetheless, his long year experiences and skills as a developer will be more than useful.

Time for an applause!
* ärkefiende claps his hands
Thanks given by:
good for you two guys! :)
Thanks given by:
The addition of old and new blood.
Nice balance.
Grats you two.
Thanks given by:
Good new's ;D
Thanks given by:
just release it, AC stocks are plummeting
Thanks given by:
Been pushing for Cleaner Devception for years. Congrats Cleaner & Drak!
@ Happy Celebration Dance
@ Helping Hands
Thanks given by:
Who is this VonDrakula?
Suddenly appeared and I do not know where he came from. He is known in the community?
If it is important to know that he joined the team's then is important to know who he is.
Well, I think that name mean: new blood. But the truth is that he drinks blood. lol
just release it - yes
> Interesting to see members that apludem , those who condemn and those who say they are indifferent.
* Question, is he a good player?
I ask because I was in a clan who claimed to play well you need to know to make maps ... It takes a good player to be a nice developer to game?
Thanks given by:
1cap do you even understand why vondrakula was added

he made bots in ctf work, not a mapper
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 13, 11:27PM)Vermi Wrote: just release it, AC stocks are plummeting
The Cubeconomy is going into a recession!

(20 Feb 13, 12:12AM)Cemer Wrote: 1cap do you even understand why vondrakula was added

he made bots in ctf work, not a mapper
I think it's more than just that, see here for details (I'm talking to you, 1Cap).
Thanks given by:
Congrats Cleaner! That's been a long time coming IMO.

(19 Feb 13, 11:27PM)Vermi Wrote: just release it

I second this motion.
Thanks given by:
1Cap, wtf is your problem, man? VonDrakula has done quite an impressive work in just a few months, much more than most of us had done in years. You need to start turning your brain before you activate your mouth...

Congratz to both, and Cleaner you better not stop with the babes cause of this new job...
Thanks given by:
Hi All,
Nightmare pointed out that I should introduce myself, don't know what the proper form or etiquette is on this forum but here it goes:
I was born in Romania -- a long time ago. Currently a US Citizen, I leave in Seattle where I work as a software engineer and I have been coding in C, C++ and other languages since the early 90s. I (re)started playing video games relatively recently and I like AC's gritty feel (maybe because certain maps look like out of Seattle's Pioneer Square). I wanted to "train" in single-player mode before attempting to play online, only to discover that the AI had a few things to be desired -- so I sat down to write one from scratch. I made it up based on some general game design principles (such as using a waypoint system) and common sense (use graph search and collision detection to navigate the maps).
As some of you already know I shared my experiment on this forum (and I thought I'd be laughed out of here). Quite unexpectedly it seems like I got taken seriously :)
I also made the mistake and volunteered to help with code bugs for the upcoming release and ärkefiende did not miss the opportunity to assign me some -- which I will be having fun fixing.
Thanks for adding me to this community!
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 13, 02:25AM)VonDrakula Wrote: As some of you already know I shared my experiment on this forum (and I thought I'd be laughed out of here). Quite unexpectedly it seems like I got taken seriously :)

You found the one niche that was lacking in the game. A new AI has been wanted for awhile ;)
Thanks given by:
gratz cleaner, you deserve it.

glad to see another experienced coder join the team. gratz drakula
Thanks given by:
Cleaner, yes! F1 very nice to know.
and VonDrakula, wellcome.

Edited:
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 13, 02:25AM)The Real Dracula Wrote: I was born in Romania -- a long time ago.
I'm guessing you skip the ending of every Castlevania game.

Nice intro :D Good luck sucking the blood out of the bugs you're fixing. ;)
My terrible vampire jokes will grow unfunny to me in a few days and I can start treating you like a real person then. :D

Ronald_Reagan Wrote:You found the one niche that was lacking in the game. A new AI has been wanted for awhile ;)

No excuse for RR not creating a 30 hour campaign & pro zombies mode now!!!!!!111111111111111111!!!!
Thanks given by:
Nice introduction. Good to know we can count on you, drakula!

*tumbleweed*

I'll just be going now...
Thanks given by:
Hands are useful if they help. Congrats, you two.
(I honestly thought that Cleaner was already part of the team)
Thanks given by:
VonDrakula was needed!
Congrats to Cleaner aswell as you Von!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to VonDrakula which I sussed out from his very first post that he would have a rightful spot here.

Totally opposite to him I've been here for ages (who said stone age?) trying to improve our favourite game and a lot of you have always supported me and my works.
Since you all know me pretty well I don't know what else to say than that I am very happy to have officially joined the Team.

Thanks to the dev's team to reward me this way, it's more than just 'symbolic' to me and also all of you folks for your warm welcome.
Thanks given by:
congrats and good succeed from the fundogs <3
Thanks given by:
Congrats .
Thanks given by:
Gz both!

quite impressive when you are a forum member for just 2 months :P
Thanks given by:
Nice. Good Luck to both of you!
Thanks given by:
Welcome VonDrakula, congrats Cleaner
Thanks given by:
Congrats VonDrakula, thanks for doing this!

Also, congrats Cleaner! Glad you've finally got your rightful place in the team now, after having been a de facto dev for a while.
Thanks given by: