"What if": AssaultCube SP MOD
I am a friend of ELPAPASITO3000 writting this idea of his in English due to unavoidable difficulties (beer, poor english...)

I think its very good so Ill do my best to make this thing grow, if its possible that is:

Seeing the lack of modes to play on singleplayer, the idea comes as a very simple though, but it might be difficult to implement, or so I think as I do not understand the coding needed behind this kind of thing.

ELPAPASITO3000 likes PointBlank very much, and the other day playing ac_keller he had to shoot some player that were going over the bridge, and an inspiration came:

How does it sound if we, the community, make a SP campaign that could transcend the barriers actually present on AC?

In this era of map requirements and weapon balance some decisions are being made that bite AC on some of its very popular and best "meta" games, from zombies or only headshots modded servers, to auto kick or !reset functions being labelled as "innapropiate".

There must be a middle point to all of this. The tab server option seems not to be a good solution as it has been disregarded, so other steps can (or have) to be followed to maintain this thing that in my opinion makes AC such a good game, its player contributions.

I am derivating a bit from the initial purpose of the thread, but I think this must be addresed. Im not saying that the devs arent doing a great job, because for the game to be succesful for such a long time, great things have had to have been made, in order for it to maintain its essence and its player base. What Im saying is, lets not throw more food on their plate and lets all step up to let them see we are capable of achieving our own goals without it affecting theirs.

I am guilty of trying to push alternative gamemodes down their throats, thiking that it was for their own good, when mostly, it is my love for such things taking control of my emotions... maybe you guys feel the same, maybe you are saying, what the fuck is this guy talking about. Well, I am a passionate of trying to find alternative ways of playing games, and when ELPAPASITO3000 told me about this, I thought, this MUST be a part of this game, so now, I have the chance of introducing you to his idea, and I am going to try to be as clear as possible in order for you guys to help him/me/AC, to make AC an even better game.

Have you ever played Resident Evil 4, or time Crisis, or Point Blank?

Well, he thought that it might be possible to code a SP "campaign" with gameplay similar to those games. (I.E: RE 4 shooting gallery)

Think of it like this: (Here is where I wish I knew mapping and that I could explain myself better, but I will try)

Did you ever play lss_window (or alike name)?

Imagine a three storie high building, with 4 cublices as seen in the afore mentioned map in each story.
You have CLA bots spawn, one in each cubicle, RSF ones, spawning in others, and Neutral ones in others.

Player spawns infront of the building, with no option to move. He is given a random weapon, and round starts. He has X ammount of time to kill X given targets, which at first might be CLA and then change, with a score tracking method, and bonus points for completing each round. Bots will be crouching randomly or with given patterns, maybe going around in circles for higher difficulty, maybe you put passarels in front of each story and make bots walk in front of the windows, for added difficulty. The possibilities are limitless!
Example, you make bots drop from celing, you have to kill them as they fall. (When they hit the ground, they suicide, i.e.).

Another implementation of this idea, is having them bots walk in line across ac_keller's bridge. The player spawns below, aside either colum in tunnel to CLA's or RVSf's armour. It is my understanding that it is possible to make bots move faster, so you would only have to have the bots running across the bridge, any given number (as much as possible, one line going towards cla, another behind going towards RVFS, i.e.) and doing any shit you want, like 360 jumps, crouching...; CLA, RVSF and neutral aternating... Again, you could increase difficulty by adding obstacles (fences, etc,,,) and such. The player is given a random weapon and an objective, and his aim is to obtain maximun score.

Leats but not last, the known by all straight shooting gallery, where bots be sitting behind boxes and you have to shoot them as they appear. Again, objectives could be CLA, RVSF and neutral playermodels, obtaining points when killing the right ones and losing them when not.

Let me be clear, I or ELPAPASITO3000 now nothing about coding, and aren't aware of how much effort this could take, but dreaming is free, so please be welcome to add any ideas/opinions about this crazy idea, and if I wasn´t clear enough about any of the things said, I will try my best to keep an eye on the thread and talk to ELPAPASITO3000 to add my opinions and views about the things being said.

Think on this as a coop effort, to build something that might light the bulb inside the actual dev team, that growing and adding new crazy things isnt necessarilty something terrible, but something that talks to a more wide audience than the actual playerbase.

Thanks for reading, I will add that ELPAPASITO3000 had taken some pictures and wanted to make some improvements to his original idea, but we agree that now its explained and that it is best to let this stir in the AC forums, so maybe we all get something out from this.

Have a wonderful day and keep it real!

I like very much
EZTO HES INCREIVLE AZI AGO AMIGHOS VUENOs EN ASSUALT CUBE
Thanks given by:
The bots would need to have better coding for this to work.
Thanks given by:
OK. I read, I drank, I read and I drank some more. I like his idea. Time Crisis is one of my all-time favs of arcade games. Always own that shit. His concept is exciting. A possible mode where you join with a teammate and go on a Mission Spree. Could provide very good practice for Multiplayer Mode and or a solid alternative to the chaos that is online. Playing with a teammate so closely could develop teamwork the likes of which would be hard to duplicate ingame online without extensive practice. Hell it could just be fun as fuck. Who's up for the task and or who knows what one would need to implement such an idea?
Thanks given by:
http://pastebin.com/vLSsCPuV

Quote:[22:35] ELPAPASITO3000 I hAVE IDEA FORASSAULTCUBE+
[22:36] aerkefiende but please, don´t use caps lock
[22:36] ELPAPASITO3000 VERY GOOD IDAE
[22:36] aerkefiende don´t use caps lock
[22:37] ELPAPASITO3000 HAPPY WIHT FRIEND
[22:40] ELPAPASITO3000 sorry englihs no first languje, i drink beer today
[22:41] Jack-is SPRECHT NUR EIN BIßCHEN ANGLISCH
[22:41] ELPAPASITO3000 no caps jakc please
[22:41] SKB YEAH JACK

ROFL
Thanks given by:
RR says bots are too stupid for Zombie Co-op, which means they are too stupid for a Campaign currently. :'(

Though my zombie idea was getting bot survival mode online for co-op play/adding zombies with 'knives only' for their melee attacks, flooding waypoints to the green area.
Thanks given by:
¡¡Pega esto que te pongo!!

BONUS :

Frag-A-Mole (Sniper game)
Player spawns in ceiling on invisible platform from which you can shoot down.
Below are 9 squares, each has a false ceiling that hides the playermodel when it is crouching.
Bots only need to alternate standing still and crouching; also spawn times and places must be fixed accordingly.
Map can be made easily, or so we guess.
An additional player model (neutral) should be used to add difficulty.
A point system that keeps track and uses variables as time spent, accuracy...

Anyone can help with anything above?

As MK says, this could also be a very fun multiplayer mode that helps to improve game mechanics.

Please, don't be shy and speak your opinions!

Take care!
Thanks given by:
That's quite something, but please please... No escribas como retrasado mental.
Other than that, the bots are way too dumb to do certain things right now, and I don't think the have the time to work on them right now.
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 12, 03:08PM)Nightmare Wrote: RR says bots are too stupid for Zombie Co-op, which means they are too stupid for a Campaign currently. :'(

Though my zombie idea was getting bot survival mode online for co-op play/adding zombies with 'knives only' for their melee attacks, flooding waypoints to the green area.

Yep.

Only thing stopping me from writing a campaign is the bot intelligence.
Thanks given by:
Some weeks ago I took a look at the bot source code. IT'S BROKEN. Much of what you say depends heavily on the specific type of AI you want to apply. Couldn't be so difficult to hardcode some AI patterns specifically for the types of mini games you comment.

You made me remember good 'ol times with Time Crisis in my PSX, so just for this I offer my help, but please:

(31 Dec 12, 03:41AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: ... No escribas como retrasado mental.
Thanks given by:
LLO NO EZCRIVO KOMO RETRAZADHO NO HEREZ MY AMIGO

TheNihilanth you very good, I apreciate one help, I know no how to map Now we need map, I ask IRc and friend but no friend in skype, may be later and chat noone help me ;(
Thanks given by:
Hi Paul.
Thanks given by:
bye Paul.
Thanks given by:
lesson learnt: If text gives brain orgasm then Paul wrote it, no exceptions
Thanks given by:
y u ban paul?!
Thanks given by:
That was fast.
Thanks given by:
Good job Paul, you just got your ban extended.
Thanks given by:
Putting this pic in every post until it happens.
Thanks given by:
Seems this feud has drawn blood.
Thanks given by:
To show my support for the Free Paul shit I created a douzen blinking pink servers, I hope my message got through
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 13, 01:54AM)Orynge Wrote: Good job Paul, you just got your ban extended.

his perm ban got extended to + 100 years in afterlife
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 13, 12:47AM)|HP| Wrote:
(01 Jan 13, 01:54AM)Orynge Wrote: Good job Paul, you just got your ban extended.

his perm ban got extended to + 100 years in afterlife
Plus every reincarnation thereafter.
And then nirvana.
Thanks given by:
CiD already did this.
Thanks given by: