AssaultCube 1.2.0.0 Beta release
Just wanted to note that when playing KTF, there is a TEAM flag counter below (RVSF and CLA), which doesn't make much sense.
Thanks given by:
Bug in edit mode :
When you do forward and you release forward .
You can't forward :)
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 12, 11:25PM)Sanzo Wrote: Sniper is not good...1 Sniper bullet on a 100/100 ennemy deals 48 damages.. This is ridiculous. The magic combo 1 snipe bullet 1 quick knife doesn't even kill a 100/100 opponent.
How are we (snipers) supposed to play (on a competitive scene) with this..
What do you say to Larry's suggestion that in the majority of match confrontations, the opponents do not have 100 armour, or even any armour?
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 12, 04:10PM)jamz Wrote:
(12 Dec 12, 11:25PM)Sanzo Wrote: Sniper is not good...1 Sniper bullet on a 100/100 ennemy deals 48 damages.. This is ridiculous. The magic combo 1 snipe bullet 1 quick knife doesn't even kill a 100/100 opponent.
How are we (snipers) supposed to play (on a competitive scene) with this..
What do you say to Larry's suggestion that in the majority of match confrontations, the opponents do not have 100 armour, or even any armour?

Everybody have kevlar in top matches, especially the one defending his base. As i said, i'm not talking about publics, i know that sniper is already cool in publics, i'm talking about my experiences in top levels matches. So yeah sometimes it sounds crazy but trust me i know what i'm talking about. I play sniper since a long time in high level matches, and it has never been so difficult to kill someone as it is now.

Back in 1.0, sniper killed very quickly when played well, however every finals were 3 SMGs vs 3 SMGs (almost everytime), people didn't complain about snipers. When 1.1 was released, I kept playing sniper even if it was far worse than before. I almost stopped playing because i couldn't play during tourney against 3 ARs simply cause my wepon was too weak.

I've been waiting for 1.2 since a long time, and i hope i'll be able to play with my sniper in top matches again.

Don't think i'm acting superior or whatever, i just try to express my feelings as simply as i can in English, which is already a challenge for me.
Thanks given by:
Is there an OS X version of this that can run on PowerPC? The last version was able to, so is it excluded from this beta to save time or has PPC support been thrown out for good?
Thanks given by:
Unless I am provided with a machine to compile for PPC, then it is thrown out. Sorry :\

It should still be able to compile for PPC though. So someone else should be able to.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply, I do understand it is difficult to support an otherwise obsolete platform. I should be able to compile, I think I was able to do that with a build from the SVN a while ago so I'll try it again.
Thanks given by:
If you need help, feel free to PM me.
Thanks given by:
you could get PearPC and OS X 10.3.9 emulation that would work for AC on PPC
Thanks given by:
Sanzo is 100% correct. Larry is basing his balancing off of pure statistics with times to kill etc etc.
Sanzo is the only player in 1.1 who I know can actually snipe and make his team better, and usually he still ends up being way negative because the sniper is a piece of shit...
Larry also did not watch any demo's of players with armor because on shine for example, I never push out without grabbing some sort of armour. It's absolutely everywhere!
Thanks given by:
the new update better be good.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 12, 06:19PM)Sanzo Wrote: Everybody have kevlar in top matches, especially the one defending his base. As i said, i'm not talking about publics...
Sorry, you misunderstand. This is the suggestion I was talking about (from the 'elite' forums):
(11 Dec 12, 12:12PM)Roflcopter Wrote:
(11 Dec 12, 11:25AM)Xenon Wrote: Larry, I nearly have armor all the time on maps like shine, and if you don't your not playing your spawn and timing efficiently enough to time the armour spawns... So that's your fault for not having armour

I didn't claim that based on how I play. I actually watched a few demos of good players all on shine and counted the number of times they engaged with armour and without. Try it and you'll find I'm right; in most fights players aren't armoured. The one exception might be the flag carrier during flag battles who will usually retain hefty amounts of armour until killed.

It's obvious from your reply that you disagree with him, but I didn't want you to think I'd misunderstood your comments. ;)
Thanks given by:
I agree. Rarely i come across unarmored people in a game with decent players.
i really feel that sniper has turned into much more of a support weapon than anything, IMO, doesnt really suit ACs gamestyle.
Maps are too small for that sort of long range 'Weaken the enemy' sniping. Apart from Headshot city.
AC's Sniper should be an assault styled one. << Personal thoughts. Not sure if i explained that very well.
Thanks given by:
Any update on shotlines?
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 11:11PM)IloveAC:D Wrote: Any update on shotlines?
I don't know, it still works for me (provided you're talking about the lines that appear when other people fire ARs etc. at you).

(15 Dec 12, 06:59AM)carmine360 Wrote: the new update better be good.
Yeah, otherwise you'll demand your money back, eh? ;)
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 12, 01:34AM)tempest Wrote:
(15 Dec 12, 11:11PM)IloveAC:D Wrote: Any update on shotlines?
I don't know, it still works for me (provided you're talking about the lines that appear when other people fire ARs etc. at you).

(15 Dec 12, 06:59AM)carmine360 Wrote: the new update better be good.
Yeah, otherwise you'll demand your money back, eh? ;)
Hi tempest, thanks for your reply.
Yes I can see them shotlines, but when you are spectating someone (in normal client) you can normally see THEIR (not the enemys or teammmates) shotlines. I liked this feature, if it was possible I would have wanted to see my own when I'm playing, but at the moment it isn't possible.
The very same happens with SKBs client.

Thanks again,
--ILA
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 11:20AM)MykeGregory Wrote: I agree. Rarely i come across unarmored people in a game with decent players.
i really feel that sniper has turned into much more of a support weapon than anything, IMO, doesnt really suit ACs gamestyle.
Maps are too small for that sort of long range 'Weaken the enemy' sniping. Apart from Headshot city.
AC's Sniper should be an assault styled one. << Personal thoughts. Not sure if i explained that very well.

I agree with you fully Myke.
Thanks given by:
How long to kill an ennemy (100 armour and 100 health,no headshot) with the sniper and pistol ?
How long to kill an ennemy (100 armour and 100 health) with the subgun ?
Thanks given by:
nice work on this new update, a little bit more polish and it's very balanced :)
nice work on this list too: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/team.html ;)
Thanks given by:
- SMG; is great for short range and is justified for it's lack of long range validity, don't touch it.

- AR seems great all over, only change I would suggest is reduce it's knock back a little and increase the bullets back to 20.

- Sniper; i'm for 1 sniper, 1 pistol combo for unarmored. Maybe make the sniper ignore 25% of armor. so if someone has 100/25 1 sniper/pistol is still a kill but for every 25 armor after that it's an extra pistol shot?

- Carbine; It's nice, really strong in survivor and actually a valid weapon now for those with good accuracy, kind of overwrites the sniper a bit.

- Shotgun; is the only weapon that is completely shit. Needs a buff for the damage. Anything within a radius of 8 cubes should get splattered if it's a direct hit, not just 1-3.

- Pistol; I like it a lot, pretty sure you've got it right where it needs to be.

- Grenades; please reduce how much the bounce off of players.. can't you make it so if it hits a player it lands 1-5 cubes from them? not bounce right back at me and then some..
Thanks given by:
My post in the proving grounds almost matches yours Takk. ;)
Just that mine said, go all in or all out with carbine's pierce ability.
500 ms firing rate /no pierce
or 100 pierce / 50 damage
Thanks given by:
The masterserver didn't work for me in the beta release and after this i have problems in the current version too, some ideas? Please?

Att; W4R.
Thanks given by:
Ronald_Reagan, just to let you know the build was successful. I found a bug though, when I first tried survival it crashed after a few seconds when the bots had spawned.
Thanks given by:
Pickups labelled on minimaps and radars would be cool, in my opinion.

--ILA
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 12, 04:33PM)Marsiblu Wrote: Ronald_Reagan, just to let you know the build was successful. I found a bug though, when I first tried survival it crashed after a few seconds when the bots had spawned.

Alright, thanks. This is a known bug.
Thanks given by:
Any updates?
Thanks given by:
I feel like I am the only sniper who actually thinks the gun is well. Sure you can't always kill your enemy in 1on1 situations and such, but one thing you should not forget about would be the headshots. I mean you can kill a full armoured player with only 1 shot, and immediately continue playing without searching 400 health packs to get full on HP. also, you do only need to hit your enemy once and even if you die, your teammate will be there only finishing with 1-2 bullet(s). So IMO sniper doesn't need to change necessarily.
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 12, 09:35PM)M__Stayla Wrote: I feel like I am the only sniper who actually thinks the gun is well. Sure you can't always kill your enemy in 1on1 situations and such, but one thing you should not forget about would be the headshots. I mean you can kill a full armoured player with only 1 shot, and immediately continue playing without searching 400 health packs to get full on HP. also, you do only need to hit your enemy once and even if you die, your teammate will be there only finishing with 1-2 bullet(s). So IMO sniper doesn't need to change necessarily.

i think so.. the snipe NEEDS buffing up though. we cant be expected to hit headshots all the time.
Thanks given by:
American Indian devs doing some testing...
[Image: 5xZ7n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 12, 11:05PM)MykeGregory Wrote: i think so.. the snipe NEEDS buffing up though. we cant be expected to hit headshots all the time.

That's not what I was on about. Of course noone can be expected to headshots 24/7. All I wanted to mention was that the sniper has the abillity to kill with only 1 bullet, on close range, on long range, with 0 armour, with 100 armour. And it is the only weapon that has this abillity. So considering that, there have to be some bad points and disadvantages about it.
Thanks given by: