AssaultCube 1.2.0.0 Beta release
Quote:Audio devices:
Sound: Generic Software / Software (Creative Labs Inc.)
Driver: 1.1

Also, is it possible to have a client argument that brings back the log output command prompt for the Windows package?
Thanks given by:
[SODA]ctt pointed this out when me and him were fooling around mapping.

whenever you try to place a ventflap through the mapmodels menu, you place a redcrate instead...
Thanks given by:
Played some 4v4/5v5 inter games and it felt pretty good.

I only really use AR/SMG but I feel as though i'd use both of them in different situations, alot more balanced than last version.
Thanks given by:
The new weapon settings don't seem to save after each round ends. Also, I think the semi-automatic mode is completely useless in fast paced games like this if it takes at least 3 or 4 bursts to actually kill people depending on their armor.
Thanks given by:
The weapon menu dont appear .
I replace the save.cfg by the saved 1.04
The bug is out .
my fps is better in 1.1.04
My opinion on the wepon:
The assault rifle and submachine gun have many recoil
The cheaters go loving ...
The sniper is perfect .
The carbine is good
This gun isnt competive to sniper.
The shothun is the weapon that many people hate .
i understand why the weapon is very low .
When you shoot far way the shotgun is useless ,the combo shotgun+pistol is useless ..
When you shot near player ,the weapon is competive only if you splattered your ennemy.
The shotgun have to improve .Each gun should be used far way like near ....
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 09:23AM)888 Wrote: Each gun should be used far way like near ....

Couldn't disagree more. Would be like playing paper-scissors-stone with stones only.
Thanks given by:
888 is right. A shotgun should be like a sniper.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 09:23AM)888 Wrote: The weapon menu dont appear .
I replace the save.cfg by the saved 1.04
The bug is out .
my fps is better in 1.1.04
My opinion on the wepon:
The assault rifle and submachine gun have many recoil (unplayable)
The cheaters go loving ...
The sniper is perfect .
The carbine is good but the damage are very low.
This gun isnt competive to sniper.
The shothun is the gun that many people hate .
i understand why the gun is very low .
When you shoot far way the shotgun is useless ,the combo shotgun+pistol is useless ..
When you shot near player ,the gun is competive only if you splattered your ennemy.
The shotgun have to improve .Each gun should be used far way like near ....

The aim of the shotgun is for it to be effective in corridors, in maps like ac_mines it thrives. In open maps it should not be as strong as it's not a long range weapon.

As for the recoil once you get used to accounting for it then it's almost non-existent.
Thanks given by:
AR and SMG are balanced. Maybe some minor fixe needed but it's pretty decent right now.
Sniper is fine if your opponent have no kevlar, if he is 100/100: 1 Sniper bullet + 5 pistols is ridiculous! It's faster to hit 2 sniper bullets, need to be fixed.
Carbine OP, really.
Shotgun useless, as always, who cares anyways.

--Sanzo
Thanks given by:
1.2.0.0 changelog Wrote:*Knife fully ignores armor
*New gamemodes Team Last Swiss Standing / Team Pistol Frenzy
*Now using ANIM_REVERSE for playermodels going backward.
*New menuitems in the Keyboard menu, for looking up keybinds, and enabling/disabling the old editing binds system.
*rewind - Rewinds a demo by x seconds. Forwards if x is negative.
^^ Thats one sexy changelog..
Although i think '/onHit' has not been added to the 'Cubescript' section on the log. Please advise?
Quote:*Textures can now have a non-default scale, definable through the texture command.
This will prevent THIS problem from happening, which is great news for mappers! How do i use this?

EDIT AGAIN:
Also what does 'name highlight colour' do?
Also, i bind C and X as my weapon change buttons, when i used to bind them it would not effect mapping in anyway because they would still work as raise/lower cube buttons, but it dousnt work anymore.. I suppose i could use my scroll wheel, BUT ITS NOT THE SAME DAMN IT! lol.
Thanks given by:
Firstly, so happy a new release is finally coming! = )

I'm still in the process of downloading it, but from reading ärkefiende's first post...

-How come carbine gets some armour piercing and it looks like the sniper, which has a higher calibre bullet, gets no piercing at all?
Thanks given by:
I just tried the beta (nice to see a new version), played for some mins:
  • I'm not able to play in fullscreen mode, from the start or also setting it from the in-game menu will make AC crash;
  • I wasn't able to heard the "hitsound", but it was checked in the sounds list. I tried to uncheck it and then check it again but nothing happened;
  • No offence towards the translators, I really appreciate their work, but being used to the English version I prefer continue to use it in English, but I didn't found a switch or something for change it in the settings. There is a way to continue to see the game in the original language or I just miss the right menu?;
Sorry if those are already known issue, or if it's just me "lost in the settings"!
Using Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2).

Edit: I thought I had less fps, but now they are back to normal so probably it was me.
Was able to use the hitsound with the command /hitsound 1 but not from the ingame menu;
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 01:47PM)Sanzo Wrote: Sniper is fine if your opponent have no kevlar, if he is 100/100: 1 Sniper bullet + 5 pistols is ridiculous! It's faster to hit 2 sniper bullets, need to be fixed.

i say that either the pistol or the sniper need to completely ignore armour
Thanks given by:
Is it correct that when I hit a teammate, my accuracy increases? Seemed to happen to me. Like I had 10/30 hits at first, and I shot a teammate once and it went 11/31?

Wouldn't it be better that when u teambleed someone your accuracy decreases?
Thanks given by:
MykeGregory Wrote:...Also what does 'name highlight colour' do?

It's a feature, that whenever someone says YOUR name, it displays a certain color. For example, if set to red, and someone says YOUR name, it will show up red in the console.

MykeGregory Wrote:...Also, i bind C and X as my weapon change buttons, when i used to bind them it would not effect mapping in anyway because they would still work as raise/lower cube buttons, but it dousnt work anymore.. I suppose i could use my scroll wheel, BUT ITS NOT THE SAME DAMN IT! lol.

Type this and see if it helps.

/bind c [thebindyou'reusing;if $editing [editheight 0 1]]

/bind x [thebindyou'reusing;if $editing [editheight 0 -1]]

I don't know which ones you use to switch to which weapon, but hopefully this'll help Myke.
Thanks given by:
I also get the sound bug. And loading cpistol fails.. :)
[Image: rrRpu.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 02:42PM)RCJD Wrote: How come carbine gets some armour piercing and it looks like the sniper, which has a higher calibre bullet, gets no piercing at all?

Because the Sniper Rifle does more damage, has a scope and has the ability to headshot for two frags.
Thanks given by:
I CONCUR.

CARBINE IS MAGNIFICENT, DO NOT TOUCH IT FROM NOW ON, IT IS FABULOUS.
AR and SMG are fine.
Sniper needs 1 sniper/1pistol for 100-0 opponents then I'd reccommend you release this.
Extensive testing went into my opinion..
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 07:11PM)InitialSAW Wrote:
(11 Dec 12, 02:42PM)RCJD Wrote: How come carbine gets some armour piercing and it looks like the sniper, which has a higher calibre bullet, gets no piercing at all?

Because the Sniper Rifle does more damage, has a scope and has the ability to headshot for two frags.

A very good 'game balance' description.
Now for my 'reality' description to make sure RCJD has nothing to rage at.
The carbine is mostly wood, so there is money left over for special armor piercing bullets.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 04:07PM)Mitixx Wrote: I'm not able to play in fullscreen mode, from the start or also setting it from the in-game menu will make AC crash;
I wasn't able to heard the "hitsound", but it was checked in the sounds list. I tried to uncheck it and then check it again but nothing happened;
this

edit: managed to fix it. /hitsound 1 (ty mitixx) and messing around with the video defs to make it fill the entire screen
Thanks given by:
Tip: If the game has bugs in Window 7 use the compatibility mode:
Select the game executable and open the context menu> Select compatibility mode ... probably it will detect windows xp sp2> Save and recall.
Try running again. You can try the same with the shortcut to the executable. Run as administrator, release the firewall.
It worked with me, now just need to see the servers.
Thanks given by:
The world can end now. :P
Thanks given by:
My opinon on assault rifle and submachine gun has changed .
The recoil is nice .
It was problem of fps .
I am disappointed .
The player of assault cube dont want balance the weapon .
They want just improve the gun who use .
You should delete the shotgun if you hate him .
It's human but its not fair . .
Its not normal that the shotgun is less powerful that carbine when the ennemy is near .

@Orynge
I'm not saying that the shotgun must be the sniper .
I think just the shotgun should rivalise with the other gun .
Thanks given by:
Having SERIOUS trouble with the snipe.. Not sure if its pistol spread, snipe damage or what ever. i'll get used to it eventually. :)
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 05:48PM)applecake Wrote: I also get the sound bug. And loading cpistol fails.. :)
same errors here

(11 Dec 12, 11:00PM)888 Wrote: You should delete the shotgun if you hate him .

yep the shotgun is the only weapon useless long range so it will never be a 'competitive' weapon. But we cant make it powefull long range either for obvious reasons. So yeah ... just ignore :p
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 05:48PM)applecake Wrote: I also get the sound bug. And loading cpistol fails.. :)

I had that problem earlier, and even went as far as putting in a weapon model to stop that error.

But as I explained to some people earlier today, this weapon has been hinted to be in the game... If you look at the game's menu.cfg file in the current version (not the BETA), you can see the Combat Pistol has it's own menuitem. But since this is a BETA, I suppose it's only expected to see something like this.
Thanks given by:
FINALLY OMG
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 11:00PM)888 Wrote: @Orynge
I'm not saying that the shotgun must be the sniper .
Sniper long range > Shotgun long range
Sniper short range < Shotgun short range
I don't see a problem here.
Thanks given by:
Sniper is very good in long range like in short range .
A headshot is easier in short range .
Now do you see the problem ?
Every weapon can rivalise in long range and short range except the shotgun .

If you want to be fair ,you should penalise the sniper in shortrange (lol)
The other solution is to improve the shotgun .
In middle range ,the shotgun is already the gun useless.
Thanks given by:
With a sniper, you have to be either lucky or skilled to beat a shotgun user at close range.
Thanks given by: