Multiplayer maps
(13 Dec 12, 12:37PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Interesting how you're questioning my point based on your personal opinion, which comes with no reference neither. Really interesting.

I don't see the point of defending something based on someone else opinion so yes it is my opinion...

Also about my lack of references I guess you are talking about for how many players AC was designed from the start. I just said that I wasn't thinking that and that you should share your sources. Never said that it was the truth.

Things can change. A game belongs to people who play it, not to people who made it \0/. Something hard to understand here I know. I am not alone to play this game so maybe I am wrong. Most of people I talk to think like me. I am just asking for decently sized maps (ctf arid trololol) and arabian for example seems good enough. According to me fps matches are 4v4 and I don't see why it couldn't be the same on AC (maybe not enough players but that's another story).
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 12, 02:07PM)Nightmare Wrote: 8 playerslots per server like makke wanted <3

You were ponctured... please.
Thanks given by:
AC Devs : Toribash isn't realistic , accept it and let us create any maps we want . Share our own creations ... (My opnion)

Crap maps are fun.
Thanks given by:
^: No they're not.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 12, 07:01AM)Edward Wrote: A game belongs to people who play it, not to people who made it.

Metaphorically, sure. But in practice? No.
Thanks given by:
No, not even metaphorically. It's just about the most ridiculous thing ever posted on this forum.
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 12, 06:08AM)Waffles Wrote: I love the requirements. I'd also be interested to see enough players to consistently play 4v4 cms. I think the issues you see with the game are your own edward, so please do not speak for everybody.

The restrictions are great for creativity. Sure there are some well done gema maps and a few customs pre-1.1 that don't fit the restrictions, but they are in place to make the game run smoother.

You love the requirements to kiss the asses of the devs and because you don't map and if you did you'd make official map-like maps which wouldn't have a problem satisfying the requirements

How are restrictions good for creativity in any possible way? Because of the requirements one is forced to make ugly ac_desertX or ac_mines copies which all looks the same to have them playable in multiplayer. The most creative thing I could come up with when experimenting with official map looking maps was to make the lights a tad more yellowish and creating a hole in the wall of the base. Creativity? Not sure you know what you're talking about.

I'm sure most of us playing this game are clever enough to decide which kind of maps we want to play on. Map requirements doesn't make anything run smoother. It seems like half or more of the real community enjoys playing huge ugly maps with possible use of standard textures and hidden passages so since we're all taught the importance of democracy (which acctually is a bad joke) in school the map reqs should be removed. If it can't be done since that isn't how AC is supposed to look like then please make the game private and have the devs playing it alone with eachother and stop tricking people into downloading it thinking it'd be a normal game where you can play the maps that you acctually like.
Thanks given by:
Consider this first quote and following two sentences the reason why I warned you.

(15 Dec 12, 10:39AM)RealViking Wrote: You love the requirements to kiss the asses of the devs and because you don't map and if you did you'd make official map-like maps which wouldn't have a problem satisfying the requirements

Uncalled for. First week back and you are already unpleasant.

(15 Dec 12, 10:39AM)RealViking Wrote: I'm sure most of us playing this game are clever enough to decide which kind of maps we want to play on. Map requirements doesn't make anything run smoother. It seems like half or more of the real community enjoys playing huge ugly maps with possible use of standard textures and hidden passages so since we're all taught the importance of democracy (which acctually is a bad joke) in school the map reqs should be removed. If it can't be done since that isn't how AC is supposed to look like then please make the game private and have the devs playing it alone with eachother and stop tricking people into downloading it thinking it'd be a normal game where you can play the maps that you acctually like.

Not sure what you are trying to say. Maybe it is just me in my tired state, but I cannot understand you when you make a paragraph of that length with just four periods.

Next time when you bash someone, make sure the only coherent thing (that isn't obviously a subjective matter) isn't the thing getting you warning points.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 04:32AM)Mael Wrote: No, not even metaphorically. It's just about the most ridiculous thing ever posted on this forum.

YOU and all the dev team should consider the following question : If nobody play 'YOUR' game, where is the point of developing it? This game exist because WE play it. Believe it.
Thanks given by:
Should be more respect both ways. Devs getting more love. Players getting listened to more. Modders/mappers/scripters/etc. getting their hard work considered for the official package.

If we buy coffee for tempest, he can stay up late and code our Starcraft 2-like Matching System that we all want.
Thanks given by:
Do we need a matching system? It's not like there are ever two full pages of servers to scan through.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 12:42PM)Edward Wrote: If nobody play 'YOUR' game, where is the point of developing it?
Well, I can't speak for the others, but I personally don't develop a game just because I think people would like to play it, and likewise, I wouldn't stop developing if nobody played it.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 12:42PM)Edward Wrote:
(15 Dec 12, 04:32AM)Mael Wrote: No, not even metaphorically. It's just about the most ridiculous thing ever posted on this forum.

YOU and all the dev team should consider the following question : If nobody play 'YOUR' game, where is the point of developing it? This game exist because WE play it. Believe it.

I would still develop the game.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 12:42PM)Edward Wrote:

Not too many people agree with ya man. Only a few are arguing your point.The game exists because it was developed, and the community exists because we play it.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 12:42PM)Edward Wrote: This game exist because WE play it. Believe it.

Congratulations you've topped yourself. I guess I'm co-creator of Call of Duty. I'll be suing for my share of the monies. Will you present my case?
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 08:28PM)tempest Wrote: Well, I can't speak for the others, but I personally don't develop a game just because I think people would like to play it, and likewise, I wouldn't stop developing if nobody played it.

(15 Dec 12, 10:14PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I would still develop the game.

Allow me to have my doubts. Quite easy to say now. But ok, you could ofc develop it for yourself, but isn't it a multiplayer game?

That sentence was part of a bigger paragraph and was kinda ironic (I put a \0/ symbol at the end to show how awesome this sentence was) so it is quite disturbing you guys prefer to focus on that instead of staying on topic. Well maybe I shouldn't have replied too.

Also I have no idea what mael said and it is the same for google translate. But I guess its flame because I read COD and money : two things far away from AC's spirit. Maybe you are trying to say people that it is what I want for AC...
Thanks given by:
if everyone left the game, RR would develop the single player to be like borderlands. <3
Thanks given by:
"A game belongs to people who p(l)ay it, not to people who made it."

So true...

It's quite amusing to see people trying to pull the customer-card. Sorry guys, this game is for free. Those free market stuff doesn't apply here. Though, if you really want to look at things this way, consider AC's product lifecycle and tell me whether this indicates a cash cow or a poor dog. But do not forget about AC's target group and pricing policy.

Sure, you've got a point there. No players no game. Though, you're missing out that there always have been players. So, what's the problem in first place? Besides that, you're causality is a little messed up. This game does exist, because it got developed. It's not like there were players and then there was the game.
Thanks given by:
I want to point this out, hit the nail on the head.

(15 Dec 12, 05:01PM)Nightmare Wrote: Should be more respect both ways. Devs getting more love. Players getting listened to more. Modders/mappers/scripters/etc. getting their hard work considered for the official package.that we all want.
Thanks given by:
Might be considered a noob map but kitchenzz is amazing.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8045/27...74f70c.png
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/712/f...6a2792.png
Thanks given by:
reminds me something ... urt? :p
Thanks given by:
I forgot who made that, someone posted it about a year or so ago.
Thanks given by:
I like the map restrictions, and I don't kiss anyones' ass.
They cater to the game as it is meant to be played.
I have been playing FPS games for a long time. I started with Wolfenstein 3D and DOOM then on to CS 1.0, Halo, on and on.
I think that different FPS games have their strengths and their purpose and feel. AC is geared towards smaller maps, and fast gameplay.
If you want something that is more centered around bright big silly maps try something else. Like Xonotic, or Nexuiz, Alien Arena, and many others that may be more suited to these types of maps.
ALSO* I like the idea behind kitchenzz, and there are a lot of maps like that on UrT. If I ever get the desire to play on mini-me maps I just go on the custom map servers on UrT.

AND* There was a time when I may have agreed, but now I hate the no players no game argument. Basically because its retarded. AC will now always exist. Even if it's just a couple of nerds on a LAN 20 years from now. Even without players, if just in history.
IMHO though, there will be AC purists around for many years to come. I hope that never changes, and I doubt it will. So screw the no players no game attitude. I personally think if that's the way ya feel, then GTFO.
Thanks given by: