Jump Bind
(19 Oct 12, 02:07AM)Undead Wrote: ...i've set a precedent by telling players that do use it if they continue use it they'll be banned on oNe servers and reported to the public blacklist, hoping other server owners follow my precedent. after that action has been taken i won't bother participating in matches with them, hoping other players and clans follow the same precedent...
Can I ask if this applies to your own clan and international teammates, Undead? Or does it only apply in matches, and pub servers be damned?
Thanks given by:
Quote:[Image: 20121019_15.02.46_ac_werk_TDM_jump.jpg]

Quote:Its 10 high = its too easy to jump up there with AR (no scripts or special jumps)

Yes, and with the described bind you can jump up there without AR. And that's what the topic is about. Clearly NO
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 12, 03:14PM)fundog Wrote:
Quote:

Quote:Its 10 high = its too easy to jump up there with AR (no scripts or special jumps)

Yes, and with the described bind you can jump up there without AR. And that's what the topic is about. Clearly NO

Sorry i dont understand... you can jump up there with carbine (if you keep trying and trying and trying) and with nade lol but not "with knife". But maybe you know something that i dont.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Sorry i dont understand... you can jump up there with carbine (if you keep trying and trying and trying) and with nade lol but not "with knife". But maybe you know something that i dont.

We are talking about jumps without weapons here. Also the picture shows you the jump without any weapon, by using this "bind jump".

Quote:There is no jump that you can do with the script, that cant be done without it.

That's the issue of it. You can jump up there with that bind and it's impossible without.
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 12, 06:35PM)fundog Wrote: ...

Picture does indeed show that you can jump 10 cubes high without weapons. Im an idiot i will whip myself 30 times.
Sorry for wasting your time.
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 12, 03:02AM)BigGunZ Wrote: Edge jumping is a similar glitch, so if you're going frown on this, i expect to not see you double-tapping over a box.
Edge-jumping is a feature introduced in 1.1.

fundog & HP: I think you got confused somewhere in your discussion or maybe I'm the one confused but jumping that part of werk without weapons with the bind is AFAIK impossible. Now doing it with weapons is a different thing. Doing it with AR is possible but not anyone can do it, and from then on it becomes harder and harder with each other weapon. With that script using AR, the average player would be able to jump 5-8 cubes. I'm not saying that's a reason it shouldn't be removed, but just to clear that up. Non-gema players in this thread seem to be more shocked of this bind than the others. I don't know if it's because they had never heard of it before or because they have never used it in the past and think that it can do things like jump 10 cubes just like that.

And honestly, it doesn't matter if it's a glitch, or a bug, or a new hidden feature, or a cheat. It's something in the game that shouldn't happen, so it must be removed for the next version.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Picture does indeed show that you can jump 10 cubes high without weapons. Im an idiot i will whip myself 30 times.
Sorry for wasting your time.

Topic = Bind Jump
Picture = Bind Jump

Quote:so it must be removed for the next version.

definitly
Thanks given by:
- fundog - Show us proof of you or anybody else, making that jump without using any weapon, its not possible, Understand? Read what HP wrote about how high you can jump with all weapons - With Knife 7 Cubes, OK? - To the rest of you, You can jump 11 without Any Hax jump Or Hax Bind.

GC. O.Gs
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 12, 07:20PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: ....

I always thought that edge jump was a glitch that was embraced as a feature!?:D

anyways people are confused because not everyone has seen the fredrikson jump thread lol

I think devs have a simple job... make it not possible to use crouch and jump in same bind or alias?
Is there any use for it really?

lol $mooth'
Thanks given by:
to clarify the seemingly standard terms (what i think they mean lol):

edgejump = jumping over edges (usually boxes) really fast without a loss of speed

haxjump = the action of scaling a wall by pressing certain combinations of keys at certain times

bindjump = a bind that makes haxjumping a lot easier and A LOT faster
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 12, 08:14PM)Cemer Wrote: ...

ty Cemer you made it very clear...

All who still dont understand should go here

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5968-post...#pid111589
Thanks given by:
Quote:With Knife 7 Cubes, OK? - To the rest of you, You can jump 11 without Any Hax jump Or Hax Bind.

Please leave out the weapons out of that topic, thats not the matter.

That you even can jump higher with weapon is nothing new. + bind jump, jumping to nowhere
Thanks given by:
"This Bind jump does it make possible." Wdf, Doesn't make any sense. Stop using google Translator.

Omg, what does it take To Make you understand???????
Thanks given by:
You can talk in a normal way to me.

bind jump exclude a human factor, unless you are an alien with additionally 3 fingers and a reaction time of 1ms, to press 3 key in one row, you are not able to do it. Or this bind would simply not exist, and people would jump excessivly up there and not use the boxes which are supposed for, to reach that area. It's boosting the jump additionally. And that's not the sense of it.
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 12, 07:20PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(20 Oct 12, 03:02AM)BigGunZ Wrote: Edge jumping is a similar glitch, so if you're going frown on this, i expect to not see you double-tapping over a box.
Edge-jumping is a feature introduced in 1.1.

I had no idea. It certainly comes off as a glitch, many new players would have no clue that edge jumping is a feature of AC, but that's beside the topic.

So we need this long jump removed in the next version of AC or added as a feature X)
Thanks given by:
Ok Its simple!!!!!: Look-if-you-Have-the-bind-or can Hax-Jump-you-can-do-12-14-cubes-without-hax-jump/hax-bind-u-can-only-jump, 1-11-Ok?

Un-armed
You
Can
Jump
Max,
With
AR
You
Can
Jump
12-14
Understand?
Thanks given by:
So the jump should be removed not the stupid loop hole in cubescript?
My posts are invisible again...

Cant do = butthurt = remove it
Thanks given by:
Quote:So the jump should be removed not the stupid loop hole in cubescript?

The answer is in the question. (Thanks for the session on the server)
Thanks given by:
I think the jump itself is an enjoyable addition to the game. The capability of executing it so quickly is unintended. In actual play I am very against it, however when dicking around it's nice to feel like superman. If it were up to me (and I'm glad it's not), make the actual jump a feature, but remove the capability to do it with a bind. The gema players will surely like to keep the ability to do the hax jump, but the competitive edge gained by executing it that quickly should be removed. Sorry for the redundancy of this post, just making sure I'm being clear. Also, smooth, please stop commenting, it's clouding up the thread and your arguments don't have a clear point.
Thanks given by:
Bind lshift to only crouch
Bind left ctrl to jump
I also use space to jump aswell.

or do it in settings.
Thanks given by:
It's the same type of jump you need to jump the fence of the nade spot from RVSF in ac_power?
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 12, 10:09PM)Si*.$mooth Wrote: Stop using google Translator.

maybe u should. try to speak proper english first before telling people to stop using google translator.
Thanks given by:
Whenever I tried this and tap shift on the ground I just crouch. I have to rapidly tap it to get it to jump (and I guess it is higher but feels weird and take a while to get it to jump)
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 12, 10:11PM)fundog Wrote: bind jump exclude a human factor, unless you are an alien with additionally 3 fingers and a reaction time of 1ms, to press 3 key in one row, you are not able to do it.

Well that means I and all my gema friends are aliens.

kthxbai
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 12, 11:58AM)Mystered Wrote:
(20 Oct 12, 10:11PM)fundog Wrote: bind jump exclude a human factor, unless you are an alien with additionally 3 fingers and a reaction time of 1ms, to press 3 key in one row, you are not able to do it.

Well that means I and all my gema friends are aliens.

kthxbai

I think the problem was resolved:D

(20 Oct 12, 10:55PM)fundog Wrote:
Quote:So the jump should be removed not the stupid loop hole in cubescript?

The answer is in the question. (Thanks for the session on the server)

Why this thread still open:D ?
Everything has been explained.
Thanks given by:
I dont use the bind anymore. Its just an easy way to Hax Jump. Currently Im learning the real Hax jump.
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 12, 02:05PM)Si*.$mooth Wrote: I dont use the bind anymore. Its just an easy way to Hax Jump. Currently Im learning the real Hax jump.
Thank goodness. We were so worried!
Thanks given by: