Some client issues
I recently reinstalled for some problems I was having and since then I've been having many issues for some reason. For one, as you can see in this thread I'm missing textures and mapmodels, when I shouldn't since I just recently download the game again. When I check my files I do see the necessary mapmodels and textures there, but for some reason in-game I don't. I've also noticed that my autoexec.cfg does absolutely nothing. I noticed this when I was putting commands and they were not taking any effect.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Edit: Halo also said something about checking my paths, I know what that means and I have the feeling that's the problem for both of these things though I don't know how to check them. I'm using a Mac.

Edit 2: I'd also like to mention that when I type commands, create aliases, etc. in-game they don't get saved next time I launch the game and my saved.cfg isn't even locked.
Thanks given by:
Good luck brah, hope you find help!
Thanks given by:
^
Spam more
Edit: I had an anti-spam rule-related image, but I feel the post isn't exactly "empty," albeit irrelevant.

Anywho...
Wolf, is there anything in your saved.cfg?
Re-installing the game doesn't change anything unless you erase some other files as well. I remember when I attempted to reinstall AC (I'm on a mac too) after this fail crosshair mod (fu V-man) messed up my display, I kept encountering the same display.
Where these files are, I cannot remember, though I feel somebody like RR might know.
Thanks given by:
Shadow: Thing is, my saved.cfg is copied from the client I had before, so it's exactly like that.
Thanks given by:
I know this is basic and i am sure its already been checked but, when installing on Windows as well as your AC directory another is created in mydocuments, this is the one that actually contains your config ect so making changes in the AC directory will not work, look in your documents folder and just make sure you are using the right location to set things.

Appologies if that has already been thought of.
Thanks given by:
Alas, Anderson, he is on a Mac D:
Thanks given by:
I know, I just thought it might be the same...
Thanks given by:
I have a mac and there are two different folders in which everything is stored. There are the contents of the AC application, revealed by right-clicking on AssaultCube and clicking Show Contents, and also one in User/Library/Application Support/assaultcube_1.1. Check those perhaps. As far as scripts, possibly commands, and aliases not being saved, I believe those can be put in Contents/gamedata/config and then autoexec.cfg.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 12, 11:54AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: I know, I just thought it might be the same...
Nah, macs try too hard to be "unique"
* Oracle <--- mac user ftl D:

And blueberry, unfortunately, as Wolf said, his autoexec isn't actually working, hence I recommended saved.cfg
The other one you mentioned (user/library/etc.) might work though.
You access that^ by opening the AC launcher, then clicking "Show..." in the bottom left corner. I just looked at it and I noticed saved.cfg again, as well as init.cfg and servers.cfg.
RR or any other knowledgeable person (I guess mac knowledge isn't necessary), what's "init.cfg" do?
Thanks given by:
It is like saved.cfg, however it hosts values that are needed at initialization iirc. So things like screen res. It is executed at a different time than saved.cfg.
Thanks given by:
I also have noticed that writing new binds directly in saved.cfg doesn't make them save in the game...
Thanks given by:
Binds are only saved from in-game. I dont exactly know what the problem is but try using /exec autoexec.cfg in game for that problem. Other things you can use add2alias to make them execute when other aliases happen. As far as reinstallation goes, just make sure you delete everything from both ac directories for a clean install.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jul 12, 08:59PM)Waffles Wrote: Binds are only saved from in-game.
Problem for me is that aren't saving for some reason. I tried some days ago to execute my autoexec.cfg in-game like you said but it didn't work.

I think my problem is is my paths, I will try and reinstall and change the way I put my files back, maybe copy-paste the info directly into the .cfg files rather than the file itself, I think that's why the paths are screwing up. If it doesn't work I'll hopefully get some idea of what might be wrong.
Thanks given by:
Yeah ive noticed the directories are faulty especially depending on who compiled the client. Theoretically the sourceforge client's paths should all be similar but sometimes that isnt the case. Ill be home later tonight and will try and pm you the directories that work for the default client.
Thanks given by:
I fixed the problem. I'm pretty sure the problem were the paths. If anyone wants to know how I fixed it in case they are having the same problem, I reinstalled but didn't copy-paste the files (important files like autoexec and saved) but only the text inside and pasted it inside the original file. I think that the copy-pasting of files must have confused my client and that's why it wasn't reading files where it was supposed to.
Thanks given by: