ESL Versus
[Image: versus_logo_news_v1.jpg]

As a new start for Assault Cube we got added to ESL Versus.

actual Specifications

1vs1

Each player has to vote one round

two rounds played

Only Deathmatch and Survivor are allowed

Map - Pool

ac_complex / ac_desert / ac_douze / ac_gothic / ac_ingress

In the terms of ESL, i tried to take care to all running tasks.

My goal was, bringing ESL to Assault Cube, and not Assault Cube to ESL. What means that ? In the terms of ESL, i excluded all running tasks which are already running perfectly itself by the community.

That are Tournaments which are actually provided nicely. Matches as Team are daily normality in Assault Cube (screenshots are posted on clansites). Country Events can obviously also be excluded. Permanent leagues, several people are already planning that kind of things.

The Idea is to not "steal" or destroy things which people already spent time on it to provide.

The actual leftover are 1vs1 Challenges which aren't provided and saved in a long term view. People can build a player history. It is also interesting and helpfull for recruiting clans. At the very latest, unique ID in that case are requested which also fits to ESL, because you play with your personal account.

It's a start ESL is offering us. In the future we will see, what can be provided if it will be needed. In priority, my focus was on bringing back Assault Cube alive in ESL.

Befor / After

[Image: fundog_ESL.gif]

have fun and enjoy

your fundog
Thanks given by:
(13 Jul 12, 10:29AM)fundog Wrote: CTF scoring is counted by flags only

;_;

anyway, this will probably go far.

Good job fundog, and good luck to everyone who participates.
Thanks given by:
ehehhe im on :)

L-F-Game
Thanks given by:
YAY great job brah!
v62
Thanks given by:
I played 2 today! I won 2 ;D
Thanks given by:
Nice work good
Thanks given by:
It should be DM or Surv though... dumb move making it 1v1 CTF.
Thanks given by:
wait so we can pick any mode on those 5 maps? Also what servers do we play on. Little confused about this whole thing.
Thanks given by:
ac_arid CTF

good choice.
Thanks given by:
there aren't any specified server to play on it. It's based on agreemed, like actually it is.

atm, all modes are open to vote. To reduce this choice to one mode seemed to be too restrictive and excluding too much modes people could like to play.
Thanks given by:
Is there a way for me to check more info about the players involved in AC? Cause all I can do right now is just search for matches.
Thanks given by:
looks raw atm, if needed we use the ac forum to distribute informations while using ESL as playing tool. Another part which is not extracted to ESL. So people are supposed to use or join the Assault Cube Community.

Another way is, to add the Players in your account on ESL to your friends list.
Thanks given by:
remove CTF
make dm/survivour only available modes.
map pool is bad, following maps only:
douze, desert, complex, ingress, arctic, snow, gothic

any other map/mode combination is abusive.

cheers
Thanks given by:
thanks for the input

it's a start and we can change things once per month if we want to.

maybe a poll can help for the next update.

Some people prefer Team Spawns in 1vs1. Especially on douze for example, it is reducing the spawn kills where people spawn behind each other directly.

In the view of respecting all modes the maps which doesn't support all flag modes couldn't be added. like complex, arctic, desert. That's why Arid and Elevation got the seat. Sunset or Werk could have been also an Option in that case.

Werk i didn't add because someone could take it as not objective choice, and sunset got as reserve.

When all flag modes, like CTF KTF or HTF get removed, the map pool can look different. I just didn't feel in position to exclude them at my lonely decision. Hopefully you understand that, and why setup looks like that at the moment.

Also Tosok should be discussed befor we basically exclude it.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jul 12, 11:13PM)fundog Wrote: Some people prefer Team Spawns in 1vs1.
all maps are biased, so giving people the option of choosing a team makes it unfair.

(13 Jul 12, 11:13PM)fundog Wrote: When all flag modes, like CTF KTF or HTF get removed
just do it now

(13 Jul 12, 11:13PM)fundog Wrote: Also Tosok should be discussed befor we basically exclude it.
hardly a skillful mode, never play in actual 1vs1s. just remove it.

(13 Jul 12, 11:13PM)fundog Wrote: it's a start and we can change things once per month if we want to.
maybe a poll can help for the next update.
waste of time, its best you just change it now. im not going to participate until its fixed.
Thanks given by:
My offer was, to decide together.

The offer is including changes.

First i also was about to setup only one mode (SURV), okay, you catched up the same thoughts.

Keep in mind that excluding things also excludes other people which prefer to play other modes.

Questioning if the majority of the players want play 1vs1 without other modes and to let it open, and up to the community was a reasonable decision.
Thanks given by:
I'm down with removing CTF and making it only SURV/DM.
Thanks given by:
i take that as +1
Thanks given by:
+1 to dm/surv from me too. :)
Thanks given by:
;-) thx
Thanks given by:
+1 to dm/surv. Only sensible 1v1 modes really mainly because flag modes are team games for the most part. also, who really wants to play a massive map where the end frags end up 10/10?
Thanks given by:
ty, it was KTF especially which could be an option
Thanks given by:
i get that, but to a large degree ktf is not a great 1v1 mode to test skill due to random spawns, and someone who holds the flag can just ar sprint around sensibly enough to avoid their hunter. if you want it to remain competitive, ktf 1v1 should not be in there imo

ktf is a decent team mode however.
Thanks given by:
I agree with dm/surv.

For dm/surv add in scaffold.
Thanks given by:
KTF needs to stay. I pick it in 1v1's all the time. KTF is a 1v1 mode and it would be unfair to get rid of it.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jul 12, 12:37AM)bballn45 Wrote: KTF needs to stay. I pick it in 1v1's all the time. KTF is a 1v1 mode and it would be unfair to get rid of it.
Just cause you play it "all the time" doesn't mean we should have it. We're trying to get a consensus of what modes most of the players want. If more players start agreeing with you then it might get considered.
Thanks given by:
Lss (or team Tlss?).
Poll plox.
Thanks given by:
lss is also not a sensible judge of skill. clearly i'm speaking from my own perspective, but i can't think of one competitive round played 1v1 lss that wasnt a challenge game.

basically, to have the competition be as standard as possible, we should advocate the least amount of differences. what i mean by that, if whopxer beats me 1v1 ktf, then beats me lss he'd get two points. the next rounds i play then are dm/surv and i'd win against a hypothetical "better" player. there is no way to properly get a fair ranking if there are many modes to choose from. the same argument could be made about maps i suppose, but i think a little diversity helps. if you add two variables that are changing, there are no constants from which to accurately gauge talent by. it's like the scientific process, but a nerdier application.
Thanks given by:
if you have 3 maps you like from 5 max possible, you are served to challenge

it also can rotate or beeing replaced by other maps if it turns out that they are never played
Thanks given by:
if we think in a 1x1 DM/Surv, It's a must for ac_desert to be included...;-)
Thanks given by: