Good Mouses
-deleted-
Thanks given by:
Hi all,

Below is a review i posted in DES when i upgraded to a Novatech G2 from the old Logitech gaming mouse i had, I have used the G2 now for nearly a year and at the price its pretty good so if you looking for a budget gaming mouse check out below;

From Des forum...

Recently I upgraded my Logitech G500 Gaming mouse (UK price £34.99) to a Novatech G2 Gaming mouse (UK price £12.98). Yes I know that sounds strange but below is a no holds barred review of the G2 and how it stacks up against its much pricier Logitech alternative.

Look and Feel.

To be honest its not as heavy as some gaming mice giving it a slightly cheaper feel, the matt grey ruberized coating is excelent for not slip feel and the indicator LED's are clear (more on those latter). The center scroll wheel feels a little stiff on the one I have not as smooth as the Logitech.

Novatech G2

Installation

This was by far the easiest gaming mouse i have ever installed, on Windows systems the driver finds itself when pluged in and if you do not need to access the advanced functions thats all you need do. Slip in the supplied driver disk however and a whole new world opens up, preprogramed profiles, button allocations all standard stuff for a gaming mouse. But try variable DPI settings controlled by the mouse itself, yes this can be changed on the fly in game. making the mouse either more or less responsive, great for those camping moments or distance shots. Along with the variable DPI comes variable polling rate, no fancy software or changing to test mode to install, the mouse natively supports 1000Hz polling and can be easilly set to any polling rate you desire.

Features

The Novatech G2 Advanced Gaming Mouse features the latest Front-Positioned tracking system. Equipped with 3200DPI advanced laser tracking engine (variable by button controls) it is 2x Faster than a standard laser sensor, natively this mouse reports at 1000hz, much faster than the standars 125Hz mouse most of us use. It has 7 programmable hotkeys and onboard memory, which enables you to store personalised profiles and settings on your mouse with the need for reinstalling the software. This means you can now take your settings with your mouse no need to reinstall and setup.

Price and availability

Novatech are a UK based company but they will ship worldwide, with the price saving on this mouse it would easily make up for any shipping cost. The item is available from stock and uk can be delievered next day, to be honest I have never had to return an item to Novarech even though I have been a customer for many years so I cannot comment, however they do offer the normal warranties.

Logitech M500

Conclusions

If you are in the market for a mouse upgrade, I would strongly recomend the G2, its feature packed and at only £12.98 has to be one of the cheapest gaming mice on the market. This combined with its ease of installation and high end features easilly puts it ahead of the traditional gaming mouse.

Link to Novatech

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prod ... ov-g2.html
Thanks given by:
I was gonna make a new thread about this, but I saw that this thread wasn't closed yet, and I might as well post here.

I need a new mouse, I have high hopes on getting this one. Is it good for FPS games? Is there any way I can find a good mouse that suits me if this doesn't?
Thanks given by:
My advice is that you don't get a microsoft wireless mobile mouse 4000. It randomly stops functioning well.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 12, 12:26AM)Harps Wrote: also, i would like to add. IGNORE MARKETING HYPE BY COMPANIES LIKE RAZER, STEELSERIES AND LOGITECH. most of these mice use the same sensors, just different variations of the same thing. some with more prediction, others with higher lod. additionally, razer mice have some serious build quality issues compared to other manufacturers.

I'd read the thread more fully ;)
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 12, 12:26AM)Harps Wrote: razer mice have some serious build quality issues compared to other manufacturers.

I still believe that's complete bullshit, because I used to use a iHome mouse, and normally i would get about a 0.3 ratio, but after I got a Razer mouse, It greatly increased.
Thanks given by:
No, Razer are known for their shitty build quality. My friend bought an Abyssus and it just randomly stopped working three times in two months.

In the end he got a kinzu I believe, he's had no problems with it.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 12, 05:57AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: Hi all,

Below is a review i posted in DES when i upgraded to a Novatech G2 from the old Logitech gaming mouse i had, I have used the G2 now for nearly a year and at the price its pretty good so if you looking for a budget gaming mouse check out below;

From Des forum...

Recently I upgraded my Logitech G500 Gaming mouse (UK price £34.99) to a Novatech G2 Gaming mouse (UK price £12.98). Yes I know that sounds strange but below is a no holds barred review of the G2 and how it stacks up against its much pricier Logitech alternative.

Look and Feel.

To be honest its not as heavy as some gaming mice giving it a slightly cheaper feel, the matt grey ruberized coating is excelent for not slip feel and the indicator LED's are clear (more on those latter). The center scroll wheel feels a little stiff on the one I have not as smooth as the Logitech.

Novatech G2

Installation

This was by far the easiest gaming mouse i have ever installed, on Windows systems the driver finds itself when pluged in and if you do not need to access the advanced functions thats all you need do. Slip in the supplied driver disk however and a whole new world opens up, preprogramed profiles, button allocations all standard stuff for a gaming mouse. But try variable DPI settings controlled by the mouse itself, yes this can be changed on the fly in game. making the mouse either more or less responsive, great for those camping moments or distance shots. Along with the variable DPI comes variable polling rate, no fancy software or changing to test mode to install, the mouse natively supports 1000Hz polling and can be easilly set to any polling rate you desire.

Features

The Novatech G2 Advanced Gaming Mouse features the latest Front-Positioned tracking system. Equipped with 3200DPI advanced laser tracking engine (variable by button controls) it is 2x Faster than a standard laser sensor, natively this mouse reports at 1000hz, much faster than the standars 125Hz mouse most of us use. It has 7 programmable hotkeys and onboard memory, which enables you to store personalised profiles and settings on your mouse with the need for reinstalling the software. This means you can now take your settings with your mouse no need to reinstall and setup.

Price and availability

Novatech are a UK based company but they will ship worldwide, with the price saving on this mouse it would easily make up for any shipping cost. The item is available from stock and uk can be delievered next day, to be honest I have never had to return an item to Novarech even though I have been a customer for many years so I cannot comment, however they do offer the normal warranties.

Logitech M500

Conclusions

If you are in the market for a mouse upgrade, I would strongly recomend the G2, its feature packed and at only £12.98 has to be one of the cheapest gaming mice on the market. This combined with its ease of installation and high end features easilly puts it ahead of the traditional gaming mouse.

Link to Novatech

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prod ... ov-g2.html

why do u care about dpi and stuff when u run around only ever using a shotgun in public servers (serious question)
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 10:01AM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: No, Razer are known for their shitty build quality. My friend bought an Abyssus and it just randomly stopped working three times in two months.

mine hasnt \o/
Thanks given by:
@chubster: He uses smg too.
@link: keep in mind Vanquish is woop, and they slam their mouses against their desks for a minute before each game, hence any friend of his is bound to have broken mice. My abyssus hasn't had a problem yet. :3

Though you said you had/or used a razer mouse already so you have your own experience of how long they last. D:
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 01:00PM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: mine hasnt \o/

Yeah I didn't mean my post to sound like all Razer's are bad, just that as a company they have terrible quality control, e.g. I know people who have had persistently defective Razer mice and people such as you who haven't had issues :D

(23 Jul 12, 01:04PM)Nightmare Wrote: they slam their mouses against their desks for a minute before each game

this is 100% true, my friend is someone I know irl and he's a competitive starcraft player so he doesn't partake in this ritual, but I smash my mouse hard every day and it's still in perfect nick. but for example, Bunnysoul is somebody I know in-game who's had persistant problems with his Abyssus.
Thanks given by:
I used to use an MX518, but switched to a G400 a few months ago. This mouse has literally improved my life. My KDR has quadrupled, I can carry out maneuvers with zero errors, and at near light speed, and I have 1000% accuracy with all weapons. I get extra attention from girls (and guys; whatever floats your boat), my bank account has never looked better, and it's given me 3 more inches, if you know what I mean. I would recommend a G400 to anyone, and even the MX518 was the best mouse evar!

How's this, Logitech?
Thanks given by:
Deathadder 3.5G sensor Black Edition.
Never heard anyone complain about it AFAIK.
Can confirm makes you good @ AC. Vermi, Jason and I use it.
Larry persists with saying Abyssus is better, hes a bad troll.
Buy a deathadder.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 12, 10:59AM)Xenon Wrote: Deathadder 3.5G sensor Black Edition.
Buy a deathadder.
You forgot teh wallhax.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 12, 11:04AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(24 Jul 12, 10:59AM)Xenon Wrote: Deathadder 3.5G sensor Black Edition.
Buy a deathadder.
You forgot teh wallhax.

^ warn this beaner, DA is the greatest mouse ever
Thanks given by:
My mouse:
Thanks given by:
<3 jamz
Thanks given by:
http://www.razerzone.com/ouroboros

<3
<3
<3
Thanks given by:
Ok, this is bugging me. Shouldn't the topic title be "Good Mice"?
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 12:03PM)kingCHUBBY Wrote:
(11 Jul 12, 05:57AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: ...

why do u care about dpi and stuff when u run around only ever using a shotgun in public servers (serious question)

Thats exactly what i thought while reading through this thread
Thanks given by:
Here is mine.

Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 12, 05:36AM)Cemer Wrote: Here is mine.

Seems comfy and all but does it get annoying like its squeeks?
Anyways, nice mouse I am jelly I only have the one that came with my computer....
Thanks given by:
$180

over-rated
shitty sensor
wireless

deathadder is the best mouse ever made by razer, and one of the best mouses ever in general.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 12, 04:15AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Ok, this is bugging me. Shouldn't the topic title be "Good Mice"?

Yes, mouse is an irregular noun with plural mice. That said I found this.
Thanks given by:
The best gaming mouse I have used is the Logitech G500 imo
Thanks given by:
Best mouse ever!
Thanks given by:
Just for the record I dont always use shotgun infact I play alot under alias with SMG, I also regularly use AR, Carbine and I frequent TOSOK servers even running a TOSOK only server for the benefit of all so if you are going to try and troll Kingchubby at least get your facts right :)
Thanks given by:
I use Logitech G500. Great mouse, well built but i think it's a little bit too big for my hands and i'd like a slightly lighter mouse as well. I think the surface you use your mouse on is something everyone should think about. Buy a mat or use a surface that tracks well for your mouse and give you the right amount of friction to snap and stop on your enemies.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 12, 02:59AM)Nightmare Wrote: http://www.razerzone.com/ouroboros

(26 Jul 12, 02:59AM)Nightmare Wrote: <3
<3
<3

I got one.
Thanks given by:
I aint ambidextrous
Thanks given by: