Cases of autoban in 1.1 (report here)
-.- wow
Thanks given by:
@Wolf

Could you please stop making all these comments now?
Thanks given by:
*Spam removed*
Thanks given by:
haha, sorry for talking about old trash, but i was playing a game some minutes ago and i read an admin talking with a friend and i remembered this post:
[Image: screenzej.th.jpg]

zen was "flaging camping" cause his team are not offensive enough. At that moment my team has like 5 flags and blue team 0. as i said, i read this term so few times and always was about "base camping"

@Gibstick
yeah dude, unfortunately
anyway a good thing about AC its cubescript, is one of most powerfull game languages, mostly of other languages can just bind commands.
Thanks given by:
Auto-banned in every game I play. How do I stop this from happening? Unfortunately I don't have the demo, but have a few players as witnesses.
Thanks given by:
I can be a witness...
Thanks given by:
I just got auto-banned for an abnormal client in Hazelwood.
I think I might have been lagging.

Demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?pas2sesdf58mah3
I join in the last few minutes.

Logs now posted:
Sep 30 01:29:24 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} gibbed torq
Sep 30 01:29:24 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} returned the flag
Sep 30 01:29:27 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} gibbed boom
Sep 30 01:29:45 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} fragged torq
Sep 30 01:29:55 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} splattered torq
Sep 30 01:29:58 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} tried to pick up entity #210 (health), distance 23.34 (1)
Sep 30 01:29:58 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} tried to pick up entity #210 (health), distance 23.34 (2)
Sep 30 01:29:58 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} tried to pick up entity #210 (health), distance 23.34 (3)
Sep 30 01:29:58 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} tried to pick up entity #210 (health), distance 23.34 (4)
Sep 30 01:29:58 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} tried to pick up entity #210 (health), distance 23.34 (5)
Sep 30 01:30:05 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} gibbed ljl
Sep 30 01:30:08 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]:
Sep 30 01:30:08 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: Game status: ctf on ac_arid, 7 minutes remaining, open, 4 clients
Sep 30 01:30:15 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} target direction mismatch 1 at 10.73 shotgun [anticheat]
Sep 30 01:30:15 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] MCS{TyD} target position hack [anticheat]
Sep 30 01:30:15 itavd AssaultCube[Hazelwood]: [66.] disconnecting client MCS{TyD} (auto-kick - abnormal client behavior detected) cn 3, 448 seconds played, score saved

On an unrelated note: While watching a log, I pressed E by mistake and I was able to enter edit mode. When I hit E again, I spawned and could run around and jump in the demo. Weapons won't fire and pickups don't work however.
Glitch?

Thanks,
MCS
Thanks given by:
i got banned from the =MyS=CTF server about 3:29am for me, and i ¡dk what time is that for you but i kinda lagged a bit and this message came out (auto-kick - abnormal client behavior detected) and i got banned, can someone please help me?

EDIT: i can't get the demos since i'm Banned U_U but ~TgS~Droid and ~TgS~Preator were there maybe they can tell the you something.
Thanks given by:

In 1.1.0.1 server are more sensible to "server lag"... the anticheats are based one the "server time reference"... if the server lags, everything get messed.

If you be banned in a server, must probably you and the server were lagging at the same time... As far there is no autokick for laggers, and some server owners do not respect the limits of their bandwidth, we will always have this scenario (lag server + lag client).

In 1.1.0.3 we tried to minimize this effect, but we are not sure we completely removed it (we need mass tests in the pubs to check it).

As far people give more (and faster) feedback, more quickly we make this system reliable.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks given by:
it's ok, i was just leting you know about this, so we can have a much more better game thanks Brahma.
Thanks given by:
If you had posted your nick, I could have given a bit more info.

~/11$ grep -i rock.*anticheat logs/B*
~/11$ grep -i fel.*anticheat logs/B*
~/11$

Or was it the american server? It was still running at 1102.

logs/B_20100916:Oct 10 09:29:33 [189.253.56.] ~FEL~jAcKRoCk* far gib (grenade) [anticheat]
logs/B_20100916:Oct 10 09:29:33 [189.253.56.] ~FEL~jAcKRoCk* far gib (grenade) [anticheat]
logs/B_20100916:Oct 10 09:29:33 [189.253.56.] disconnecting client ~FEL~jAcKRoCk* (auto-kick - abnormal client behavior detected) cn 0, 998 seconds played, score saved

Unfortunately I cannot see the pings at the time. Brahma how about you include the pings + pj in the anticheat messages?

Thanks given by:
Panda... the ping/pj of one event may help a bit... but the main issue here is server lag. If the client is lagging, the server is able to take this into account... but if the server is lagging, it is difficult to predict what is happening even looking to the ping/pj.

I warned you before that you run too much servers in the same ip, and that your servers were susceptible to lag more than the others.
Anyway, in 1.1.0.3 it is expected to be less cases like this (I will wait for the reports/feedbacks to enhance the system again).
Thanks given by:
I am waiting the reports about 1.1.0.3 autobans... I played the entire day, and I did not see one single weird event... in my logs I had 13000 "fragged", more than 1000 players connected, only 4 "anticheat" warnings and no one autoban.
Thanks given by:
it's good if the anticheat doesn't kick false positive, it's better if it kicks cheaters :p
Thanks given by:
Guys, I got autobanned because I was just choosing one map for voting... timed up, I got banned... this is horrible!

What about a simple key stroke or a mouse movement keeping the players online;
Thanks given by:
dude!
that is called AFK kick.
it is because you took up valuable game time when others could be fragging.
You weren't banned, you can reconnect right away.
Thanks given by:
Hello guys ;)

After a longer break for me i played my 3rd match or something like that i got a disconnect bug.
In the demo stands "position hack" as reason but thats not true i never cheated.
Also i got informed yesterday that here is a section to discuss such problems

Demo: http://www.fileuploadx.de/415654
look at 6 minutes remaining, and i went from tunnel into CLA base

Thanks given by:
I was playing ac_arid on Have fun or die [1] at 10:49 on Feb 03 (GMT - 5)
I accidentally teamkilled a couple times (three i think) in the hallway above RVSF spawn, when i was auto-kicked. the weird part is though, it didn't say teamkilling detected, it said "score is below server threshold". I didn't think much of it, so i got right back on the server, and went back to playing. When i first got back on, i looked at my score, and i had 2 kills and 2 deaths. i kept playing for a little while, killed a couple (three or four) enemies when i accidentally shot one of my teammates again. It auto-banned me again, also for "below server threshold". I understand that this would be an acceptable case of autoban for intentional teamkilling (four teamkills in less than five minutes), but it gave me the other message instead.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, i just thought i should post this somewhere.
Thanks given by:
«score is below server threshold» is what server owner sets as kick/ban threshold, I think.

server description: "DES|Biohazard"
maxclients: 8, kick threshold: -3, ban threshold: -5
Thanks given by:
yeah, but i probably wasn't below these levels, seeing as there were people with lower scores than me.
Thanks given by:
good brahma
Thanks given by:
Usually that doesn't happen unless you're negative. Ive had 20 kills or more and done a triple teamgib and not gotten kicked. O.o
Thanks given by:
What happened to Lantry has also happened to me. I had a frag score of around the 10's, and I accidentally gibbed like 2-3 teammates and got kicked. Is it possible that some servers could be using another system of threshold of how many times you kill in a specific amount of time? Cause this made no sense to me.
Thanks given by:
I believe there is more than one threshold. The threshold you are referring to is a simple score based analysis; your score goes to -3 or lower and you are clearly killing teamates(Assuming no suicides). I faintly remember Brahma mentioning a formula he used to determine whether a player was intentionally killing teamates with a positive score that was based on time connected to the server and/or number of frags. Something like, more than x tks, fewer than y frags, in z time, and you get kicked. I remember a "- 7" but that is all.
Thanks given by:
Just to clear things up I'm not saying i didn't deserve to be kicked in this case, because i did. It appropriately (if a little over zealously) noticed that i was tking a lot, and kicked me. The thing I thought was funny was the fact that it listed the wrong reason (below threshold instead of tk detected).
Thanks given by:
You're right, those particular messages could probably benefit from some rephrasing.

How about:

Quote:auto-kick - your score dropped below the servers threshold, try to avoid teamkilling!
Thanks given by:
Why "try to avoid"? why not STOP TEAMKILLING! X(

Or even better... How bout defining a message yourself or using a default one via servercommandline? :D
Thanks given by:
I'd love to be able to customize that through the server.
Thanks given by:
Hi, I get banned very often at beginnings of games with these settings:

Mode: TOSOK
Map: MegaCubes_Rewind

No matter what server I'm on, the banning message is " Abnormal client activity detected".

My nickname is SuperLuigi.
Thanks given by:
Upload a demo of a game where you got kicked if you can. Or tell use the name of the server and we'll see if we can get a demo.
Thanks given by: