A win or loss?
Who won this match, {TBR}Mercykill is considering it a win because they have more score. I consider it a win because it is TS and it is based off of kills. We are on the top, what would you consider this a win or lose for -dyH|?
[Image: quwmalmk.kn0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Which ever team is at the top at the end of a game is the winner in my book.
Thanks given by:
That's a win mate. Frags come first.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jan 12, 11:35PM)bballn45 Wrote: {TBR} is considering it a win because they have more score.

[Image: 1998-hahahahahaha.jpg]
Thanks given by:
LOL...such pros
Thanks given by:
1. Not very classy bringing this to the public forum. You could have asked any TBR other than mercy (who is probationary, like myself) and we'd all say this was a loss for us. In fact in this thread I did just that. But you didn't mention that of course.

2. Pretty unfair trying to represent that the whole clan is clueless, as you are doing. Trying to run a smear campaign or something? All we've done is be respectful and controlled, even when confronted with your arrogance and inflated ego (which you base on a video game, as far as I can tell).

C'mon dude. I spoke for you and your personality; you should show a little mutual respect.

EDIT: OP has been edited, so I 50% recant this.
Thanks given by:
flags > frags > score
Thanks given by:
1) dyh wins :D
2) MasterKaen <3
3) [Image: happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-%28clean%29-s.png]
Thanks given by:
I never said one thing bad about TBR, just trying to let Mercy know that frags are greater than score and that he shouldn't count it as a win. Sorry let me edit my post.
Thanks given by:
-dYH| Won.
GG. V41.
Thanks given by:
You can close this now, my point was proven to Mercykill.
Thanks given by:
meh wutevs...if my performance had been better we might have won lol...

i just thought that considering our team had a better K/D ratio than you, on top of more points, then it was therefore a win but forums are forums...
and yes i agree with masterkaen. that was pretty petty and unprofessional of you to bring it to public forums. even if i am the noob it makes you look like one too for doing this...
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 01:07AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: i just thought that considering our team had a better K/D ratio than you, on top of more points, then it was therefore a win but forums are forums...

Then what happens in a ctf game where team A has 1 flag, 0 kills, 200 deaths, and team B has 0 flags, 200 kills, 0 deaths? Team B (I assume) will have a higher score as well as a higher ratio. Who wins? Team A does. This is fundamentally because this mode is scored by flags (as surv is scored by frags), and more viscerally because they are on top of the score screen. And, in AC, that's where the winning team is. All the time.
Thanks given by:
No, Team B always wins.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 01:12AM)GDM Wrote:
(24 Jan 12, 01:07AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: i just thought that considering our team had a better K/D ratio than you, on top of more points, then it was therefore a win but forums are forums...

Then what happens in a ctf game where team A has 1 flag, 0 kills, 200 deaths, and team B has 0 flags, 200 kills, 0 deaths? Team B (I assume) will have a higher score as well as a higher ratio. Who wins? Team A does. This is fundamentally because this mode is scored by flags (as surv is scored by frags), and more viscerally because they are on top of the score screen. And, in AC, that's where the winning team is. All the time.

First of all GDM, I'll have you note that this was not a game of CTF, it was a game of TSURV.

Second GDM, I already conceded that point and admitted my error, so there is really no need to waste more words on why I'm so wrong. Personally, I feel "no fucks given" but i guess wh0p really cares about it so much, he had to post on these forums to make sure everyone knew that he thinks his clan won. I'm not sure why you're so up tight about it too. Maybe it's because lucky's still mad at me...

Wh0pXer, no hard feelings but if you are really that disturbed on how I wrote "draw" instead of loss" on the TBR clan site, all you have to do is write "win" on your site. Or you could PM me and berate about how wrong I am and how badly I mistreated poor Mr. Scoreboard. I'd be glad to reach an agreement that way but you don't have to treat this like its the ACWC.
(24 Jan 12, 01:18AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: No, Team B always wins.

MY POINT EXACTLY!! (jks jks)
Thanks given by:
I posted it for knowledge in the future. If I wanted to show off my clan a 2 kill lead isn't showing off anything. I did this so this problem would not happen in the future. Nobody ever really cleared this up.
Thanks given by:
For common knowledge, I think whop did the right thing. Could've been done in a better way admittedly such as through a hypothetical question, but I digress.

I would assume that most clans still function from the flags>frags>deaths>score. Similar to what Joe is saying, if a team ties flags in ctf then it is determined by the next one down the list. Although this wasn't a CTF game, TSURV just eliminates the flag portion of that rule and counts frags>deaths>score. If frags are tied, team with less deaths win. If deaths is tied, team with best score wins. I also believe that the scoreboard accurately adjusts which team is on top based on these precepts.

Keep in mind that ratio used to be in the mix on the scoreboard, but is no longer there unless the client is modded, so although many older players still count it as a viable option to determine victory, some other players will not accept that.
Thanks given by:
If frags and deaths are the same, how would the ratio differ? :S
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 02:27AM)Waffles Wrote: For common knowledge, I think whop did the right thing. Could've been done in a better way admittedly such as through a hypothetical question...

^^^I'd have been fine with that Wh0pXer. It's a little more socially acceptable than posting a screenshot. But yea, I overlooked that maybe this was for information. Sorry. Just next time maybe do it with a little more respect?
Thanks given by:
It wouldn't RR. I never got how ratio was a deciding factor in terms of clan matches worked because I never was competitive or cared in the previous version. I just remember an altercation between GrZ and oNe at some point about a tosok match where one had a better ratio but frags were tied. I assume it could arise due to Headshots and knifes being worth two. So one team could die more technically and still be tied on frags. That still would not explain deaths being different though. So maybe before deaths was a deciding factor it was ratio? An older player would be better at answering the ratio question.

EDIT: It's socially acceptable to post a screenshot too imo. I don't see what's disrespectful about posting a loss to ask a legitimate question. Whopxer may have been being a little bit of a smartass like he's prone to do, but these are ways in which we all learn so don't take too much offense.
Thanks given by:
flags>frags>deaths>score (as you mentioned) takes ratio into account :>

Score would decide the slashes, or other gibs.
Thanks given by:
Intresting :D
Good to know for future references I was wondering the order myself
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 02:42AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: flags>frags>deaths>score (as you mentioned) takes ratio into account :>
No it doesn't?
Thanks given by:
It's also good to note that some select clans consider a CTF game where flags are tied is considered a tie. That "ruling" is not very widely used, but it is in some cases.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 02:53AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(24 Jan 12, 02:42AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: flags>frags>deaths>score (as you mentioned) takes ratio into account :>
No it doesn't?

Ratio is frags/deaths.

"I just remember an altercation between GrZ and oNe at some point about a tosok match where one had a better ratio but frags were tied."

Meaning both have to be equal to be a tie. So if frags were tied, they would look at ratio, which is just figuring out who had the least deaths.

Thanks given by:
Dig, thanks for clarifying that for my math deficient brain.
Thanks given by:
Don't really know what you're saying RR, but yeah if flags and then ratio is the same (frags/deaths) then you have to look at the score lol
Thanks given by:
dyH has won! Hooray!!
Thanks given by:
Mercy I only posted the screen because it was relatively a close game, its not like you got beat bad. It was a close game.
Thanks given by:
wutever man. no big deal. i still wudnt have used a screenshot but meh...if you only meant good intentions, then im good with that
Thanks given by: