Damiahn suspicions
Damiahn if you indeed do not cheat, I apologize, but if you do and get away with this i feel no sympathy. I leave the demo for anyone wanting to see, http://www.mediafire.com/?uxtj3vj55ofrxda 9:40-9:50 (recommend gamespeed 20 or lower)
Thanks given by:
*Sigh*

If anything, this should have been asked of by jamz.

Also, I highly, HIGHLY DOUBT, that Damiahn is using any cheats of the sort.

Although I suppose good players have been ousted before...
Thanks given by:
You said "wth" and "we have a wallhacker" when u were fragged by player "19gauge" and now u accuse the wrong person for hacking? Wth are u doing.
Thanks given by:
I really really really doubt this is genuine. I just played an inter with the guy and we got raped.

Nevertheless ima watch, I don't think you'd have made such an accusation if there weren't such weight to your proof.
Thanks given by:
inb4 close
Thanks given by:
Damiahn is one sick sniper don't post things if you're not sure of things, it's better to show the demo to someone who knows.
Thanks given by:
True, but still sometimes the best are just fakes.
Thanks given by:
I have to agree here.

The mini duel goes like this: Damiahn encounters ResTEasY, both of them miss their sniper and pistol shots at eachother, D retreats as well as R, D runs to the other side, and R runs the middle route towards the flag. R then gets shot, and encounters 19gauge (and dies). Throughout R's engagement with 19, D never really joins in.

Watching the demo, you can see as soon as D turns around and gets behind a wall, he switches to pistol and shoots a few times and a sniper round through the wall (missing), without turning around. He then jumps past his flag, and then fires a sniper shot (most definitely coming from him, as it depletes one ammo) which injures R. The rest is explained up there.

I think this is solid proof right here.

You seem to think you are wrong, what makes you think you are wrong?
Thanks given by:
I can´t watch the demo, even if I switch the extension to .dmo .
It happens to me a LOT of times , dont know why. Maybe it was taken from a different system than mine (XP).
I would love to watch it though...

Thanks given by:
On thinking about it a bit more:
I guess this could get explained by lag, but I would have to watch it again to believe it was lag.
Thanks given by:
i watched the demo again he had lag but i still have a suspicion, but as of the results of this thread people seem to think he doesn't.

If you wanna act upon it RR, go ahead I will support you.
Thanks given by:
I commented as if I never heard of the player before. I personally doubt a good player like Damiahn would cheat, but it is possible (Davi).
Thanks given by:
Don't even bring Davitomon slander into this RR, or i'll bring B} Slander into this.
Thanks given by:
I wasn't slandering his name. He was a good player that used cheats. He admits it. What is wrong with pointing out it can happen?

Oh, I'm sorry that whenever someone mentions his name you assume it is hostile.
Thanks given by:
Plus, nobody in B} has ever done anything wrong.
Thanks given by:
I see this as game lag, and I'm sure many others will have an accusation thrown up on the forum soon if that's all it takes.

Thanks given by:
Damiahn is one of the best Laggers of AC, together with the guys in the "best laggers" list in the Clans and Wars section :D

Thanks given by:
i dont see wall hack, if he does he sucks at using it. Also there are some points where he passes people as they are coming out of a door way and he died, if he was wall hacking he would have seen them before they came out that door and he would not have gone through it.

Also keep in mind there are times you will see shots that seem like they actually go through walls, its just part of AC and part of split second lag spikes. just cuz it "looks" like its going through the wall doesn't mean it actually did and doesn't mean it didnt hit you before you went behind the wall EX: lag.

Also you dont seem to mention the mys player at all, you would think you would be more suspicious of a higher k/d ratio than Damiahn's, which seems to be below 2.00. ( not that kills means a cheater or not just pointing something out )
Thanks given by:
I still maintain that it is a cheat. The reason being that he turns around and walks away when firing his first (see updated first post) sniper shot and pistol rounds. With lag, packets wont get out of order (position turn packet), nor will a player randomly start turning and walking away. After a good amount of walking away, the sniper (first) and pistol shots get fired. The second sniper shot could amount to lag, as evidence of lag exists right after that shot (running into boxes, acting like a klutz) as well as possible lag from R. R may actually have been on top of the box, however I doubt that as D couldn't see that on his client yet (due to compounding lag), and if D saw that on his client, undoubtably we would've as well. We could let that shot slide as lag, however it is not too far off to assume it is the same cheat.

A good way to watch this is by using the demo glitch to go into editmode and clear out the building. That gives a good view of what all is happening.
Thanks given by:
If that was the case and Damiahn Is indeed using a cheat, wouldn't be any more reports? Not only from "new" players, but from experienced ones? Isn't odd that there's only this report and this demo?

I mean I saw the demo and I didn't saw anything weird, not that I'm an expert or anything but as Joe said, he dies a few times because of players he didn't saw, I imagine if you have a wall hack that would be pretty much impossible since you know where every payer is.
Thanks given by:
Except if your not trying to be caught :|
Thanks given by:
https://plus.google.com/photos/105071810...7546225521
^^^ are SS's from D's angle of demo, each pic has captions when hovered or click shows up in the top right.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105071810...1735567489
^^^ are SS's from R's angle of demo, each pic has captions when hovered or click shows up in the top right.

--Lag could be at play here and D does show LAG just before all this takes place and little during. Also keep in mind that when the actually shot from D's sniper hits R, D is not facing in R's direction.

this post is information only, not on any side.
Thanks given by:
I am even less of an expert than the least qualified poster here, but i do know when something is too close to call. Well in my humble opinion this could be read either way, maybe he did maybe he didnt but as its not clear and consensus eludes us maybe we should just close this matter only to be examned again if his play is questioned with further "evidence".

Cheats we dont need, division in the community we need even less...
Thanks given by:
This is just lag... note before the incident that he had a big lag spike, Joesmith explains it very well. This isn't the first nor will be the last time this happens. But next time that you are suspicious on someone make sure not to make it public so you won't cause prejudices against the player. I demand an apologize (a real one, not what you wrote in the first post.).
Thanks given by:
Stop starting these threads. All you're doing is slandering players.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 12, 05:43PM)Z-karIuS Wrote: But next time that you are suspicious on someone make sure not to make it public so you won't cause prejudices against the player.

(15 Jan 12, 07:53PM)Mael Wrote: Stop starting these threads. All you're doing is slandering players.

These are legit suspicions. If we are wrong, we would apologize. There isn't anything wrong with posting your suspicions as long as they have meat to them. In a game without lag, this would be a wallhack. In AC the line isn't so clean, so in cases like this where two shots go through the wall, it is important to read more into it. He posted asking if what he was seeing was true, not if that he thought it was cheats. If he thought it was cheats he would've posted on the BL thread.

(15 Jan 12, 05:03PM)DES|Anderson Wrote: IWell in my humble opinion this could be read either way, maybe he did maybe he didnt but as its not clear and consensus eludes us maybe we should just close this matter only to be examned again if his play is questioned with further "evidence".

I agree and so I will leave this thread closed (PM a relevant mod if you want it opened)
I think this was an unlucky lag incident and I am sorry to Damiahn and #M|A# for any trouble caused by this.
Thanks given by:
WTF? I've just watched this demo.
(14 Jan 12, 08:37PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: If anything, this should have been asked of by jamz.
It was. When I saw a PM from ResTEasY (or SwagMatic, Beast, Neon, whatever he wants to call himself next month), I ignored him completely, since he's a confirmed cheat with no respect for this game or its players.
Quote:Also, I highly, HIGHLY DOUBT, that Damiahn is using any cheats of the sort.
Me too. Damiahn is a well-respected, experienced ACer, who quite clearly lags out at 2'04 and his client activity is no longer properly in synch with what we see in the demo. Just listen to the shots and compare them with the hud.
Quote:Although I suppose good players have been ousted before...
Yes, they have, and it's been done by discussing the evidence in private until firm proof was available. This method has two advantages:
1) The player in question does not have his name unnecessarily publicly associated with cheating.
2) When a real accusation is made, the community can be certain that it's genuine, not a random stab in the dark.

I guess the whole thing could have been stopped if I'd paid attention to the cheat. The advice here is, if you're a proven cheat, get someone else to approach me with your suspicions.
Thanks given by: