Unhit rate measurement server
I found Roflcopter's thread very enlightening, and saw a lot of people interested in measuring their own unhit rate, so I added a !drops command to my servers.

You can type !drops in chat to see your shots fired vs. dropped, as well as the percentage. Soon I'll add the ability to see other people's unhit rate as well. Let me know if you find a bug :P

EDIT: I added tracking for hits as well as shots. I also added a !resetdrops command to reset the counts. They are also reset when a new game starts or you get a new client number. Good for testing different weapons.

EDIT2: "!drops cn" will now give you drop stats for that client number, cn defaults to you.

/connect ohgodwhy.info 1234
Thanks given by:
Wow thats neat!
I have a question though...
To register unhits, you have to hit an enemy? Because when I shot to a wall the shots fired also counted and the percentage changed, I was with a friend but my aim is , how to say it, BIG SHIT, so Im curious if , to be tested, what I need is to hit point blank to a character 20 rounds and THEN type !drops...
Thanks anyway!!!1!!11!1

Edit: I went back again and shoot carefully to the enemies to find I had like about 7 % drop. Then I shot the wall three rounds (SMG) and the drop counter said I lost 4 bullets in each round. Just saying, my question still stands !
Thanks given by:
Seems interesting, I'll give it a try soon.
Thanks given by:
I just tested this, nobody was on the server and it said I had no drops...so I'm guessing you have to hit an enemy?
Thanks given by:
Just joining the empty server and shooting at walls will give you a measurement of your bullet drop rate. I'll talk to Roflcopter to make sure what I'm measuring is the same thing he measured, but currently it measures all dropped bullets vs shots (so unshot is actually a better word).
Thanks given by:
Hmm 15.9% dropped, I guess that puts me about average...

:(
Thanks given by:
Mine is 19-24% with the AR

feelsbadman

Also, I'm working on getting it to count dropped hits vs real hits. Sorry it was really late when I made this last night.
Thanks given by:
i have around 20% too................................ :( meh
Thanks given by:
100 rounds, 20 gone :/

And also, some stats:

Ping: ~45
FPS: 200
My Location: West Coast U.S.A

==Computer==
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
64mb dedicated video memory
i3 Intel Core Processor (4 cores) @ 3.3GHz
4gb RAM
Thanks given by:
37,5% on my retarded laptop.
Can you beat my record?
Thanks given by:
Mystered has already. He loses 42% of bullets.
Thanks given by:
OMG! fixing this should be priority number 1 before any releases, i wonder how many of those who said it just doesnt feel the same anymore were actually feeling this? for me using SMG is recent Ive always been a shoty noob and am i pleased i was :)
Thanks given by:
Guess this is the "weird AR lag feeling kinda thing" I used to complain when the tests for 1.1 started and eventually got used to it...

Got a question thou: With this hitdrops ending and most of players having a better accuracy with auto weapons won't the whole balance issue be severely affected?
Its already nasty to play sniper vs AR with players having an 20% hitdrop in average I wonder how bad will be when there is none...
Thanks given by:
People complain that the shotty is too powerful, fix the dropped bullets and blam, weapons are balanced! There's no overpowering the automatics by registering the original intended bullets. All of the auto users will have a tad bit more power but the shot guns had taken over for a while. No one uses the carbine and I find it rather effective.

* X-Ray_Dog still favors the AR
Thanks given by:
I think this is already fixed in SVN? Anyway, I added some stuff. See first post.
Thanks given by:
I dunno, but if SMG is getting a damage boost AND I'm going to be given more hits, y'all are in for an uproar.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jan 12, 09:29PM)ElCrema Wrote: Guess this is the "weird AR lag feeling kinda thing" I used to complain when the tests for 1.1 started and eventually got used to it...

Got a question thou: With this hitdrops ending and most of players having a better accuracy with auto weapons won't the whole balance issue be severely affected?
Its already nasty to play sniper vs AR with players having an 20% hitdrop in average I wonder how bad will be when there is none...

Yeah I've complained also since start of 1.1, but everyone just said: 'QQ you're noob kkkk jaja learn 2 play'

Dude, players from w00p like w00p|Newbie are getting 0% drops anyway, ON UNFIXED servers, how is that fair to begin with? They're essentially playing every server like it's fixed. Why should his weaker aim result in greater scores over me and even you because players like you and I are losing 15%/20% of bullets on hlin and other popular match servers. Dam gets 2.6% dropped, and Horus little over 6% - in reality, to them they lose almost nothing.

Clearly it effects some worse than others. Also, this bug doesn't effect accuracy - since your client will still register hits still even if they are dropped, e.g. fire 5 shots, 2 hit. But it could say 5/5.

(10 Jan 12, 09:32PM)MasterKaen Wrote: I think this is already fixed in SVN? Anyway, I added some stuff. See first post.

I found another bug in 1.1 recently where bullets are passing THROUGH the player instead of hitting them, I assume no-one picked up on this before because it is just counted as a missed shot. However I doubt this has been fixed in SVN - more work to be done yet.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jan 12, 12:59AM)Jason Wrote: I found another bug in 1.1 recently where bullets are passing THROUGH the player instead of hitting them
Do you mean the sniper trail thing, or something else? I.e. is it just a graphical bug, or do the shots actually not damage the target? Please be as specific as possible when reporting a problem.
And next time you find a bug, maybe report it properly instead of just dropping it in as a sidenote, if you want us to fix it.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jan 12, 11:56PM)V-Man Wrote: I dunno, but if SMG is getting a damage boost AND I'm going to be given more hits, y'all are in for an uproar.
1) back down to 15 damage
2) I've seen your ctf douze game, could use some work. ;)
<3

Thanks given by:
Hey :) what's the difference between dropped shots and dropped hits?
I got 10.2% dropped shots and 8.2% dropped hits
I played something like 8-10 minutes.
PJ : 30-40
Ping : +200
FPS : 50-56
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 12, 03:55AM)Edward Wrote: Hey :) what's the difference between dropped shots and dropped hits?
I got 10.2% dropped shots and 8.2% dropped hits
I played something like 8-10 minutes.
PJ : 30-40
Ping : +200
FPS : 50-56

I played with 400 ping and a pj of 40-50 and got 6% drop, then i played with 200 ping pj of 30-50 and dropped 32%, i have seen players with 1 ping drop over 20%

Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 12, 03:55AM)Edward Wrote: Hey :) what's the difference between dropped shots and dropped hits?

Dropped shots counts the total number of dropped "shots" (including knife swings and grenades thrown) that were dropped vs the total "shots" fired (again including knife/grenades). Dropped hits is the same thing, but only counts shots the server would have considered hits.

It's also worth mentioning that your drop rate will vary greatly depending on what weapon you use.

I guess I'll post mine too:

weapon: AR
pj: 45-50ms
ping: 45-60ms
dropped shots: ~20%
dropped hits: ~18%
Thanks given by:
more statistics, ping didn't make a difference in my tests, i notice that with a steady fps like 50, i get 0% drops. With "jumping" fps, i get a lot!
[Image: 20120123230216acdouzedm.th.jpg]< steady 50 fps = 0%
[Image: 20120123230030acdouzedm.th.jpg]< "jumping" fps (/maxfps 100) = 27,7%

When i set maxfps to 20, drops go insane.

1 funny thing i've noticed, in ac_desert there's something wrong with the stairs:
[Image: 20120123225456acdesertd.th.jpg] i get around 100 fps in ac_desert
[Image: 20120123225304acdesertd.th.jpg]< Looking at this stairs i get 18! WHY?!
[Image: 20120123230628acdesertt.th.jpg]<Whats wrong with it? And this one?>[Image: 20120123230720acdesertt.th.jpg]Shooting at it>[Image: 20120123225735acdesertd.th.jpg]<40%

This was tested on my laptop, on my desktop i get a pretty decent fps, i get 0% drops and still i notice most of my shots aren't being registered. So i think this may be a client sided problem, pherhaps the information is not sent in some ocasions (i'm no programmer).

Thanks given by:
Like macm, I had 0% drops when I played at a steady fps.

Used an AR and had 45 ping.

I usually play at /maxfps 200, but the server reported ~15% drops.
After disconnecting and changing my maxfps to 150, i got around 9%

I finally found a steady fps for my computer at 125 and got 0% drops.
yay!

Thanks for creating this thread/having that function in that server (:
Thanks given by:
Ping: 129
AR drop: 39%
SMG drop: 22%

lol
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 07:11AM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: Ping: 129
AR drop: 39%
SMG drop: 22%

lol

And i had 8-9% xD
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that info, macm. I was able to get my AR drop rate from 22% to 1% by capping my framerate. :D
Thanks given by:
i had 8-9% drops on 48 fps max, and ~10-20% on 1000 max (my dell only has about 100 fps max tho)
Thanks given by:
What other servers do u have MasterKaen?
And also do u have the script to enable
other servers to be able to do this too?
Thanks given by:
Masterkaen maybe you should make your server a private server. Its hard to test it out if there are noobs who keep voting lss or tosok douze :|
Thanks given by: