Poll: What sniper damage do you want for the next AC?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
85 hp (+1 pistol (2-3 if kevlar) or 1 knife)
50.79%
32 50.79%
82 hp (+2 pistol (3-4 if kevlar) or 1 knife (2 if kevlar))
36.51%
23 36.51%
80 hp (+2 pistol (3-4-5 if kevlar) or 1 knife (2 if kevlar))
12.70%
8 12.70%
Total 63 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The sniper.
I think the sniper rifle should stay the way it is now. Causing 85 damage (only 1 pistol hit needed on an opponent without armor) would overpower it in my opinion. You shouldn't be able to rush with a sniper and use it like a shotgun, it should be more like a weapon for supporting other players and more defensive oriented, that's why I don't agree with others who want it to be even more powerful. There's still a fair amount of good snipers around :)
Thanks given by:
Imo, the sniper should stay the way it is now, and the AR should get more recoil, as we had in the SVN. I don't see, where snipers are lost vs AR's if they miss 1 sniper shot. If a sniper always moves in an area, where health is not far, they should be able to get another chance. Also, if a sniper misses the first shot, he mostly switches to pistol automaticly, tries to hit 2 bullets and switchs back to the sniper to 'finish' his enemy. So you've got two possibilitys for having a second chance in every situation. If you combine both possibilitys, you can even get a 3rd one, so there should be no problem for snipers.
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 11, 05:00PM)M__Stayla Wrote: Imo, the sniper should stay the way it is now, and the AR should get more recoil, as we had in the SVN. I don't see, where snipers are lost vs AR's if they miss 1 sniper shot. If a sniper always moves in an area, where health is not far, they should be able to get another chance. Also, if a sniper misses the first shot, he mostly switches to pistol automaticly, tries to hit 2 bullets and switchs back to the sniper to 'finish' his enemy. So you've got two possibilitys for having a second chance in every situation. If you combine both possibilitys, you can even get a 3rd one, so there should be no problem for snipers.

This is stupid, you already know that:
-If i play sniper against you (rifle) and if i fail my first shot, i'll don't have any chance to kill you, and with all this helmet everywhere you have 90% chance to need 3 pistol hit to be killed.
-The only one way to kill is camping (it's what you mean) and it's stupid, rifle and SMG can already rush and deff.

AC is one of the fastest game ever (certainly more fast than all "realistic" fps game (i mean that we shot humans)), it's one of the game who have the powerless sniper ever (you can see AWP AWM even the scoot-one on CS can kill with 1 bullet).

And btw, who said that the sniper was overpowered on the 1.0? (and maybe if it was, the helmet pickup already killed the sniper).
Thanks given by:
The sniper is no where near "killed" - imo, its just perfect right now and shouldnt get changed anymore! I still see many succesfull snipers around - against AR's too... !

Quote:who said that the sniper was overpowered on the 1.0

I think I remember quite a lot of discussion about how the game has gotten sniper and smg only ... there was a reason why the sniper got changed and the community had its input!

Thanks given by:
I sort of thought the entire point of the sniper rifle was a high-power, long-delay weapon that can do headshots. Let's keep that and focus on the numbers.

On a personal preference, even though I don't use sniper, I have no qualms with sniper being 85 damage. Really. The amount of damage the sniper rifle can do isn't a huge issue as long as you can dodge a sniper's aim (though this is admittedly close to impossible when playing against Robtics :-P).
Thanks given by:
As the sniper is now even if you hit the Sniper shot + 2 pistol hits it doesn't mean you get the kill, and I honestly found that to be stupid. Many many times I've seen how my enemy survives that and kills me.

Remember not only the human tanks make more difficult to kill with sniper, also the "feel" changed, many didn't understand that but those who used the weapon know what I mean.
Thanks given by:
I think there was looooots of time now to addapt to the new "feel" ... btw: I used the sniper in 1.0.4 too and didnt notice any change to the "feel", must have something to do with settings or something similar
Thanks given by:
Yes i'm used to it now, and yes the general "feel" was odd for some reason, it's cool now i love my sniper, but i feel that if you shot and hit and then you hit the 2 pistols and the enemy doesn't die it's quite lame.
Thanks given by:
Thats the challenge, thats the fun ... ;) easy kills wouldnt be quite as impressive, right?
Thanks given by:
true
Thanks given by:
I used the sniper in every version since .93 . As you know so I favor the weapon itself for it's artsy ability to insta-kill anyone. But even having that it's nearly impossible to get that hit even 50% of the time. Also, in this version a skilled sniper go against a skilled ar, if the sniper misses the first shot he's basicly dead. There's almost no way to come back from that unless the ar seriously messes up. With the helmets around the map it's also much easier to get 50 shield quickly, and anyone with 50 shield can take quite a bit of punishment from a sniper bullet and 4 pistol shots. As of now, I would have to agree with the option to make sniper 1 shot with 1 pistol, and if the enemy has armor, 2 pistol shots.
Thanks given by:
Same here!
Thanks given by:
Enemy without armor: 1 sniper shot + pistol shot
Enemy with 25, 50, 75 armor: 1 sniper shot + 2 pistol shots
Enemy with full armor: 1 sniper shot + 3 pistol shots

Can someone do the math and tell me if this is possible? It's too late for me to calculate what damage the sniper would have to be.
Thanks given by:
That's kinda awesome.
Thanks given by:
(21 Nov 11, 07:21AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Enemy without armor: 1 sniper shot + pistol shot
Enemy with 25armor: 1 sniper shot + 2 pistol shots
Enemy with 50, 75 armor: 1 sniper shot + 3 pistol shots
Enemy with 100 armor: 1 sniper shot +4 pistol

fixed.

Thanks given by:
Or 2 sniper shots?
Thanks given by:
I just checked the current damage values in SVN.

Sniper damage: 80 (62 if 1-25 armour, 54 if 26-50 armour, 50 if 51-75 armour, 47 if 76-100 armour).
Pistol damage: 18 (15 if 1-25 armour, 12 if 26-50 armour, 11 if 51-100 armour).
Knife damage: 50 (42 if 1-25 armour, 34 if 26-50 armour, 32 if 51-75 armour, 30 if 76-100 armour).

"if armour" stats are correct if this is.
Thanks given by:
Exoduss. So tell my why there are so many succesful sniper players in clanwars and public, without camp?!
Thanks given by:
So many? Stop joking and use it against some of your mates (jason for example (cause i'm sure he's 100% AR) in inters) if it's so succesful.

But you must know than this meme is 100% right when i see the actually AC.
Thanks given by:
I've got a bunch of demos. Do you want some? Got a bunch of demos vs mys members and other strong clans, where I rushed succesfully. Want them?
Thanks given by:
basically you are one of the 1% who can do this.

Even to camp you need a lot of skill against good AR's.

I'd like the sniper to be as strong as kingChubby mentioned.
Thanks given by:
Here is an idea. if you can not be bothered to practice with it enough in order to marster it. Use a differant weapon. Problem solved!
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 11, 12:32AM)SleepKiller Wrote: Here is an idea. if you can not be bothered to practice with it enough in order to marster it. Use a differant weapon. Problem solved!

Strictly speaking your message has an information content of 1072 bits, so how do you manage to say absolutely nothing?
Thanks given by:
I accidentally clicked the middle option, but I personally vote for the top one. >.>

I feel that a successful sniper hit should do 85 damage, plus a few pistol shots that should effectively finish someone off. Headshots should still be gibs, obviously.
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 11, 12:32AM)SleepKiller Wrote: Here is an idea. if you can not be bothered to practice with it enough in order to marster it. Use a differant weapon. Problem solved!

99% players use AR, so this problem is 99% solved.

(26 Nov 11, 11:20PM)Benson Wrote: I'd like the sniper to be as strong as kingChubby mentioned.

You mean KingChubby when he quoted "Wolf"?

(21 Nov 11, 09:21AM)kingCHUBBY Wrote:
(21 Nov 11, 07:21AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Enemy without armor: 1 sniper shot + pistol shot

fixed.

Thanks given by:
(21 Nov 11, 09:21AM)kingCHUBBY Wrote:

Yes, that's what I mean. This would be my prefered balance, with a 8-bullet-pistol.
Thanks given by:
10 bullet pistol is way too powerful for both snipers and anyone using akimbo.

Agree with the values kchub specified.
Thanks given by:
Devs, now you have the values. :)
Thanks given by:
Or the sniper stays like it is, and AR would be less powerful...
Thanks given by:
Exactly. But sadly ExodusS, haste and some others think you can't rush with the current sniper, that's why the current sniper is "not good". only 1 chance to kill your enemy before his AR takes you? No offense to anyone, but thats bs. You can get a 2nd, 3rd and even more chances!
Thanks given by: