scope zooming script [again :((( ]
ikljo was nice enough to share with me a cool scoping script (tyvm ikljo :D) but i was just wondering...although i can now zoom in with scoping, is there a way i can make the fog disappear while doing so and lowering the sensitivity while "in zoom"? anyone proficient in cube script? :P
Thanks given by:
Why you no one thread.
Thanks given by:
/fog 1024?
dont know much about the sensitivity though, it would be a 'OnZoom' type thing though.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 10:49PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Why you no one thread.

bcuz first thread = solved
Thanks given by:
Why don't you just turn fog off, instead of only on zoom in.

I know how to do it in theory, but I'm not too good at the whole ($onRelease) part of Cubescript.
Thanks given by:
If by scoping script you mean that it uses the sniper scope, then don't look at the spoiler. If it's used to zoom any weapon, click away (at your own risk >:D).
I am not sure about this next solution (to be read: check with someone who knows more than me), but you could also use the addOnLoadAlways command to run /fog 1024 whenever a map starts. I think you run addOnLoadAlways only once, inside of AC.

This made me think of something
@Devs and/or knowledgeable people: Is there some way to return fog to the map default?
Thanks given by:
It used to be a script like that in 1.0 but it's useless in 1.1 (kinda like myself hahaha) it did all that you want except maybe the sensitivity.
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 11:27AM)Frogulis Wrote: If by scoping script you mean that it uses the sniper scope, then don't look at the spoiler. If it's used to zoom any weapon, click away (at your own risk >:D).
I am not sure about this next solution (to be read: check with someone who knows more than me), but you could also use the addOnLoadAlways command to run /fog 1024 whenever a map starts. I think you run addOnLoadAlways only once, inside of AC.

This made me think of something
@Devs and/or knowledgeable people: Is there some way to return fog to the map default?

meant for sniper :P
(13 Mar 12, 08:00AM)Orynge Wrote: Why don't you just turn fog off, instead of only on zoom in.

I know how to do it in theory, but I'm not too good at the whole ($onRelease) part of Cubescript.

im cool doin that. my major problem is reducing sensitivity while in scope...
ok here's the script:

//ZoomWheel-Script by Kirin
if (checkalias dscopefov) [] [
dscopefov = $scopefov;
echo (c 0) Zoom Script by (c X) Kirin (c 0) successfully injected!
]
autoscopesens 1
scopefov $dscopefov
alias delta_game_zoomwh [-= scopefov (* 10 $arg1)]
alias altaction_5 [ domodifier zoomwh; scopefov $dscopefov; setscope 1; onrelease [ setscope 0 ] ] // Sniper

im just wondering if anyone knows cubescript enough to write some into this that decreases sensitivity each time I zoom closer...
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 11:27AM)Frogulis Wrote: This made me think of something

You could load the current map fog level into a variable before setting foglevel 1024. Then on scope fog 1024. Off scope fog savedvariable.

Or something like that. :P

Thanks given by:
autoscopesens 1 is what keeps it constant.

you could do something along the lines of coding

alias delta_game_zoomwh [-= scopefov (* 10 $arg1)]

do a similar thing with fog as that line and make another alias to incorporate it into the rest of the script. I am no wizard. I suggest going to #cubescript on irc @gamesurge or finding B}Ronald_Reagan, Bukz or some other well known cubescripters to help you. If you ask them directly and nicely, they might be willing to dedicate their time to helping. You can also post on the scripts thread in this forum asking for someone to help.
Thanks given by:
found it guys! ikljo showed me that there's a "scope scale" in the gameplay options. noob has learned something today but ty for teh halp :)
Thanks given by: