Poll: you want new features in AC? (you can turn on/off in game menu)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
new graphics effects, like shell drops,better explosion, cs contracting crosshairs, blood,bullet impacts...
10.45%
7 10.45%
head shot for all guns,(head= more damage, torso = normal, extremities= low),
10.45%
7 10.45%
cod aim = no kickback, good for campers(ctf or tm)
1.49%
1 1.49%
new weapons(combat pistol?.. or super shotgun/grenade launcher.. ok, a weapon that does not interfere the balance .)
7.46%
5 7.46%
the possibility of use different skins/models for each team(like cube2, exemple, blue hands x red hands or m4 x ak, wood Smg x black Smg, same weapon, but, different skins), in defalt, both teans use the same weapon/hand skin
5.97%
4 5.97%
huum, no thanks..
64.18%
43 64.18%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

some suggestions for ac(graphic and gameplay)
I liked the knife thing you can trow that knife maybe do the same damage but at long range but no that will affect the gameplay a lot.
Thanks given by:
Ah, no thanks.
Thanks given by:
all can test some new features(like shell drops, cod aim or cs cross)
http://assaultcubes.codeplex.com/releases/view/70454
ignore the models/new weapons and others things, because shell drops, cs aim/cod aim and head shot are cool : )
Thanks given by:
I want iorn sights, but I know it would never work. People with smaller weapon mods would have an advantage. One thing about Urban terror i like is you can climb almost anything. could we have that in ac?
Thanks given by:
climb and walljumps, can work in ac, but, i hate bunny hopping, rs

about ironsigh, its more for fun,(and, remove pushback, improve camping), maybe, in menu, you can choose between two effects, iron sights(like cod) or more centred weapon(like fear - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCGYGPwMj...re=related).
Thanks given by:
(14 Aug 11, 03:39AM)hamolton Wrote: I want iorn sights, but I know it would never work. People with smaller weapon mods would have an advantage. One thing about Urban terror i like is you can climb almost anything. could we have that in ac?

It may be useless because all of the maps restrictions, even if you climb something what it would change? Most of our maps are small with a very very low sky.

AC it's been always intended to be low end friendly most of all the things you all want affect the game in size of resources needed to play just look AC and Sauerbraten one is 50Mb and the other is 300Mb there's a reason for all that.
Thanks given by:
I personally love the simplistic style of AC. A few more weapons might be nice, but other than that -- keep up the good work devs! :D
Thanks given by:
about climb, you can do it with pushback(more with AR). some improvements in the effects will not ruin the simplicity of the game, like shell drops or better blood/bullet impact.
see AC ES, shell drops makes the game more realistic(and fun), and still simple. duke nuke 3d has shell drops, turok 1,hl1/cs 1.6, all simple games..
is possible to add beautiful effects(ex: ac water is cool and realistic, maybe a water splash effect can be good, like reflections(on/off)).
Thanks given by:
(30 Jul 11, 12:05AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote:
(29 Jul 11, 11:12PM)wolfbr Wrote: Stolen or not, the important thing is that some things in his mod could be added to the original AssaultCube
Have you been drinking/abusing drugs or what?

How was this thread not closed immediately after these two posts? Sums it up perfectly.
Thanks given by:
some things may have been stolen from a game(like weapon models or sounds), but, others things are original(ex: shell drops, the guy "make" the scripts, and use the shell models from ac maps, its not a stolen material, same for cs cross like).

about no pushback for cod/fear aim, its help in some situations, exemple: if you climb something and need to camp, or behind any object, its can help a lot, especially in ctf games.
but, cod/fear aim = no pushback and slow movement(walk), its more for defensive battles, or support others players, not for rush like cod/true combat elite.
Thanks given by:
wolfbr, I haven't polled any of the developers on this, but I'm going to stick my neck out. Shell drops - never going to happen; reduced push-back - never going to happen.
I know you've been posting about these things, and others, for some time, but I think it's time to come to terms with the truth. Unless something radical happens, you're not going to see them.
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 11, 12:09PM)jamz Wrote: reduced push-back - never going to happen.

xD. I know devs who want this, to balance out the AR.
(Not none like thread creator is talking about but less than now.)
Thanks given by:
yes, with no pushback function, AR will be a dangerous weapon(good for rush, ctf run, jumps and defensive battles/support), I know the sniper/carbine already has the support function, but, for gameplay balance, just add more pushback por these weapons(scope = no pushback for sniper, and cod/fear aim = no pushback for carbine), at the same time, you can use these weapons to run and jump(like AR run/jump), same for shotgun and some pushback for smg.

Quote:Shell drops - never going to happen;
why? any improvement graph can be enable/disabled in game menu(video options), same for cs aim or better bullets impacts, small details make the game more attractive, and not greatly increasing the size of the game(like skulltag/doomsday 3d models for doom with extra effects, the game still simple, but, more fun).

-
the small changes I propose are not so radical, AC still has their simplicity and gameplay style.
Thanks given by:
The poll results just made my day.
Thanks given by:
I do like the crosshairs, and I think some reloading animations and shell casings might be nice, but that doesn't mean they have to be taken from this little mod here.
Not to mention I'm sure our devs could make nicer looking reloading animations anyways.

Also can anyone confirm if this has its own servers or if it uses the vanilla AC master server? Because I'd like to give it a try but I'm not gonna bother if it uses the same servers.
Thanks given by:
@RIPBillyMays: It would be called hacking if it did use the "vanilla" masterserver. :P
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 11, 11:50PM)Orynge Wrote: @RIPBillyMays: It would be called hacking if it did use the "vanilla" masterserver. :P

My point exactly, which is why I'm reluctant to download it.
Thanks given by:
I was thinking about something, fear combat, is a bit like ac(but, with better grafics and unbalanced weapons).
but, both games are made to play in enclosed maps.
one thing can be good in AC, relatively slow projectiles ( about projectiles speed fast-slow = sniper>carbine>ar>pistol>smg>shotgun ) it is possible to dodge the shots depending on the distance, and this makes the game a bit harder to play(and fun), but, he shots do slightly more damage to balance the game a bit.
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 11, 06:06AM)wolfbr Wrote: I was thinking about something, fear combat, is a bit like ac(but, with better grafics and unbalanced weapons).
but, both games are made to play in enclosed maps.
one thing can be good in AC, relatively slow projectiles ( about projectiles speed fast-slow = sniper>carbine>ar>pistol>smg>shotgun ) it is possible to dodge the shots depending on the distance, and this makes the game a bit harder to play(and fun), but, he shots do slightly more damage to balance the game a bit.

It would also be lag city.
Thanks given by:
not exactly, something similar works perfectly in many games(2d or 3d games), therefore, do not cause lag in AC, especially because the maps are enclosed.
Thanks given by:
There are a lot of other things in games that are quite enjoyable. However, I play AC and not cod et al. due to the way it has been developed and how the gameplay has evolved. The game has already changed drastically since it's first inception. Continue to make suggestions as constructive advice never hurts. However, many of these proposed changes would affect gameplay more heavily than anybody might realize at this point and I personally would hate to see that.
Thanks given by:
sometimes changes are needed(i talk about shell drops, water splash/bullet impact/blood effects ..), but, about gameplay,cod/fear aim does not change much, just give more convenience for those who are still camping( cod/fear aim = no pushback, its the change, not less spread or better aim, only no pushback, it can work fine in ac gameplay).

maybe, the only change that can drastically change the game is slow projectiles and headshot/bodyshot/arms and legs, but, the gameplay still fast and "more competitive/pro", like futuristics arcade games(unreal tournament, nexuiz, fear, wolfet, alienarena...).

small details can make the game more attractive and fun, Currently, it is virtually impossible you do not die if the enemy is good and you are low heath;
slow projectiles? you can dodge it.
or, you can hit accurate shots in body or "head" = fast kill(slow projectiles, not much easy to do HS, it depends on the gun and the distance).

changes could be many, but in my opinion would be good.

head shot = more damage, not necessarily instantly death, maybe, only with sniper, carbine and knive, for smg/AR you need to do a small bust in the head, or maybe 4 pistol shots, shotgun kill with one headshot depending on the distance.

Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 11, 02:34AM)wolfbr Wrote: head shot = more damage, not necessarily instantly death, maybe, only with sniper, carbine and knive

Knife headshots ftw.
Thanks given by:
a small detail, the player can use helmet to reduce head shot damage
exemple:
with helm = 2 HS do kill with carbine or 1 HS + 1 chest shot.

sniper still killing with one HS(like knife : D )

: ) - in short, the armor only protects the chest, and helmet only protects the head(duhhhh).

for weapon balance, carbine could have more fireinterval or less clip size(like 7 shots).
Thanks given by:
if you have a strong computer, other shooters have these things. D:
Thanks given by:
i know, but, i like ac gameplay(like rifle jump) and AC have only 50 MB, other shooter no : D.

ac can have "some" of these things : )
Thanks given by:
Isn't there some shotgun mod with shell drops?
Thanks given by:
Bukz made that.
What wolfbr is asking for is that shells actually hit the ground and stay there as though they are mapmodels, for all other players to see.
That'd take a lot of work IMO.
Thanks given by:
a realistic shell drops? no, its only the weapon anim(like 007-64 or cube2), you cant see the shells in the ground(like the AC ES mod, or red eclipe ).
Thanks given by:
Hm, but then there have to be 2 models, and why don't you download mods?
They have shelldrop animation ;)
Thanks given by: