Poll: you want new features in AC? (you can turn on/off in game menu)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
new graphics effects, like shell drops,better explosion, cs contracting crosshairs, blood,bullet impacts...
10.45%
7 10.45%
head shot for all guns,(head= more damage, torso = normal, extremities= low),
10.45%
7 10.45%
cod aim = no kickback, good for campers(ctf or tm)
1.49%
1 1.49%
new weapons(combat pistol?.. or super shotgun/grenade launcher.. ok, a weapon that does not interfere the balance .)
7.46%
5 7.46%
the possibility of use different skins/models for each team(like cube2, exemple, blue hands x red hands or m4 x ak, wood Smg x black Smg, same weapon, but, different skins), in defalt, both teans use the same weapon/hand skin
5.97%
4 5.97%
huum, no thanks..
64.18%
43 64.18%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

some suggestions for ac(graphic and gameplay)
(08 Sep 11, 10:25AM)Orynge Wrote: BTW, the poll option with:
Quote:a weapon that does not interfere the balance
would be very hard to do.

What??
But Orynge, it was so easy to type the words!
Thanks given by:
Quote:If you had good aim, you would actually use the sniper. You talk about playing seriously, but you've never played in an inter before.

Also, if every weapon dealt more damage for shooting at the head, people will die wayyyy too fast. The heads in AssaultCube are huge. It's already very easy to run away headshotting people with the sniper. Seriously - you can already run around in a pub and rack up 60 or 70 kills with a sniper while only dying like 20 times, lol.

not to fast, in ac, player move fast, in this way, would be hard hit in the head all the time.
no, is not easy to give hs without using the scope, because sniper have some inaccuracy, and the heads are small compared to others games(wolfet or urban terror).

maybe, if the soldiers were thinner and a little faster, would help to balance that.
-------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbq6AA5RW...r_embedded
see it, big heat, but, not to easy to do Hs without using the sights, and soldiers have big head in this mod : P.

iron sights can be useless in some weapons? no, exemple, in semi autos (shotgun/carbine/pistol/sniper)- iron sigh reduce the recoil(and moement speed), but, in tosok, scope cant interferes with the movement.

--
about new weapons, i want weapons that add something new to the game(new strategies and game experiences, some player do not like the carbine, but do not realize that it is a defensive/support weapon for players with good aim, good to provide cover).

exemple;
the rocket launcher can hit player behind walls and obstacles, Besides you can support your team.

or a grenade launcher: one guy run with the frag, you can shot one grenade behind him to stop enemies who are coming. or, you can shote one grenade in front of an enemy running with a flag, he had to wait for the big blow up or go to another way. grenades detonate after 3 seconds after touching something.

A LMG with 30 ammo clip(low rate of fire, ): very inaccurate when fired from a "standing position" but accurate from "crouch position". This weapon is also fitted with a set of bipods. Just press alternate fire and the gun is deployed(iron sigh, but, you cant move). The good news is that the effective range is increased considerably and anything that comes within your cone of fire will be mincemeat faster than Forrest Gump can run! Very handy for stopping enemy troops from moving huddled together, or to stop someone trying to advance through narrow areas i.e. a gate or corridor. You'll soon find that small bursts are more deadly than long showers of bullets.

i dont want 2 or more AR or 5 snipers in the game XD
Thanks given by:
AC is simply to fast-paced for that, and the maps are way too enclosed. It's not about playing defensively. It's not about defending your position.
I mean, did you even watch that video you posted? And did you compare what you saw to a typical AC map?
Thanks given by:
in AC, some maps(made by players) are very open(especially tosok maps), in team games(ctf or htf) play defensively is a good tatic.

about the video, sorry, I have not found dm videos in enclosed areas in youtube,(only co-op), but, this mod still very enjoable.

just posted the video to show that the game is not slow with iron sighs or head shots : D.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 11, 06:10PM)tempest Wrote: AC is simply to fast-paced for that, and the maps are way too enclosed. It's not about playing defensively. It's not about defending your position.
I mean, did you even watch that video you posted? And did you compare what you saw to a typical AC map?

Is it too fast to scope with a sniper? What about headshoting with a sniper?
Why not with other wepons?
IMO, carbine would be more balanced compared to other weapons if you could scope/iron sight or headshot with it, not both.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't mind a scope/iron sight for carbine. Though carbine headshotting, I'm not too keen to see that...

@wolfbr: Headshots for every weapon is a pretty bad idea. I could just get out any of the two automatic weapons in AC and just spam at the enemy's head to get a headshot. It would be really easy. This feature only works for other games like CoD cause the game is slower, maps are way bigger, and it's just a whole different engine.
Thanks given by:
Bots should sneak up behind you, hiss, and explode!!
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 11, 05:06AM)V-Man Wrote: Bots should sneak up behind you, hiss, and explode!!

They shall drop feathers and rotten meat as well.
Thanks given by:
Don't forget the gunpowder!
Thanks given by:
I think everything that can be said has been said in this thread already. Theres only so many times "shell drops" can be mentioned before it starts to get annoying. Your ideas have been heard, and those who are willing and capable of doing it will work on it, if there are any.

IMHO, most of the things you have suggested wolfbr have been simply cosmetic enhancements, and if they are made to be optional, I don't see any problems with them. But you have to be patient for one. Anything that will affect the current AC style of gameplay, will most likely not be implemented ever. Please accept the fact that AC is unique from almost every other game in terms of gameplay, and implementing some of the things you have suggested would ruin that.

Again, just IMHO so do not take offense.
Thanks given by:
Also, read the front page before making this an option:
Quote:cod aim = no kickback, good for campers(ctf or tm)
Thanks given by:
no, cod is a fast game(semi arcade), AA3 or arma2 are slower games.
some maps in ac are bigger(yes. i hate the map restriction), iron sigh and head shot can work fine in fast arcade games, see the mod for dom, real guns advanced/hardcore, a mix of a fast doom gameplay and some tacticals/team work elements, or see games like crysis, or enemy territory quake wars, iron sigh work fine in fast games.

blablabla enclosed maps, ok, "oficial maps" the majority(not all) are semi-open(opens = like douze, iceroad,snow or semi open = like acartic, depot, keller,sunset.., i hate enclosed maps like mines XD)

as I said would not be so easy to do hs, because soldiers are quick, maybe, to help in gamebalance, i have a simple idea- 1- make the models more skinny and add a bit of inaccuracy for the weapons, it can work : D.

you can use helmet to protect your head ; )

one thing I do not like: the ammo of the weapons end up very fast(especially the automatics, semi-not so much), maybe, more ammo for the weapons,and ammo box give to you more ammo.

pistol have a lot of ammo, why? is betther if the primarys have more ammo : D
more ammo = more rush and less ammo camp(i do it sometimes usin the AR or sniper XD)
some weapons

exemple: sniper 5/15 to 5/30 and pistol have less ammo clips : D
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 11, 04:07PM)wolfbr Wrote: cod is a fast game

Good one.
Thanks given by: