Mac Client Logs
These are client logs just like what windows users can get. This .sh file also executes AC without the launcher, so that is the second purpose of it. If you dont want client logs, there are comments guiding you on removing them.

Save this file as assaultcube.sh file, and execute it with "sh assaultcube.sh" in the terminal. This file must be located right next to your application. In the same folder, or else it wont work.

Again, how to launch it:
Open up terminal
Type "cd " (with the space)
Drag the folder containing AC into the terminal window
Hit enter.
Type "sh assaultcube.sh"

#!/bin/sh
#Get into the right working dir
cd AssaultCube.app/Contents/gamedata/

# CUBE_OPTIONS contains any command line options you would like to start Cube with.
# Note that if you dont set a --home then it will just use your .app/Contents/gamedata to save this
CUBE_OPTIONS="-t -w1440 -h860 -T --init"

#lets get the date and store it here. I use kMS just because it was fudging on my system
RIGHTNOW=`date '+%F_%k-%M-%S'`

#Execute it

# Comment out this line if you dont want client logs
exec assaultcube.app/Contents/MacOS/assaultcube ${CUBE_OPTIONS} >> ${RIGHTNOW}-clientlog.txt

# Uncomment out this line if you dont want client logs
#exec assaultcube.app/Contents/MacOS/assaultcube ${CUBE_OPTIONS}

Some things to note:
I noticed you can't cmd-q out of the game, which suggests to me that the launcher helps make AC more mac friendly. I already know that AC's launcher registers extensions and stuff in the system, so I dont suggest using this unless you really want to.
For settings, you have to use the stuff found Here. I put in my preferred settings.

Important things to note:
Your settings will now be saved in your application file. This is purely because I couldn't pass the directory in a --home argument. This is because the folder "Application Support" has a space in it. Oh well. Meaning you have to remake your settings!

Your logs will be stored in Assaultcube.app/Contents/gamedata
Meaning that you have to right click, "show package contents" and then go to the right folder.

Also, use at your own risk. I am not responsable for any damages this may cause.

I doubt it will cause anything horrible.

Unix helpers, feel free to help me out on this .sh file, as I am quite new to this.

Again, this is not a replacement for the launcher!
Thanks given by:
If there's a space, add quotes? Now, how to nest quotes in bash...

Oh, try single quotes for --home=' '
Thanks given by:
;) Finally! Nice one RR. I'm sad they'll go to my application file though. And gibstick, welcome back from the world of minecraft.
Thanks given by:
Viper, try that script with
--home='whatever it is'
in the CUBE_OPTIONS section with all the other switches.

and do not speak of Minecraft
Thanks given by:
xD Gibstick.

Hmm i tried it and im not getting it written to the right place... maybe my syntax was wrong. It's late so i'll try again tomorrow when i'm more "sane."
Thanks given by:
Gibstick, doesn't work. Creates a cute folder with this path:
AssaultCube.app/Contents/gamedata/\'/Users/${USER}/Library/Application/config

I have also tried wildcarding it, and backslashing it. The fact is is that it is passing two arguments. The "--home=path/to/application" and then an unknown argument "support"
I tried putting all of it in 's
Thanks given by:
OMIGOSH stickied! <3 <3 <3
and moved to modding forum
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna bash something if we can't figure this out.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the hard work RR ;D
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 11, 12:06PM)Gibstick Wrote: I'm gonna bash something if we can't figure this out.

O.o I might too.
Thanks given by: