Spaces in description?
Resolved, was not updated

I'm using this tweaked example script because I don't need anything special right now:

#!/bin/sh
#
# example AssaultCube-Server launch script
# by MeatROme - see http://assault.cubers.net/wiki/Server_setup
# naturally also check your local documentation (docs) folder in the game-installation directory

# how many clients can connect?
CLIENTS=16

# password for admin access:
ADMINPASS=*****

# disconnect when frag-count is ..
KILLLIMIT=-2

# server description
DESC="\f7.Fs*|\f524HR TOSOK \f3KNIFE ONLY"

# MOTD definition - WYSIWYG :)
MOTD="\f7FARSHOT \f324HR TOSOK\nKNIFE ONLY\nKNIFE ONLY"

TS=$(date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S)
TSH=$(date +%H:%M:%S\ %d.%m.%y)

#
# run the server:
#
assaultcube-server -x$ADMINPASS -k$KILLLIMIT -c$CLIENTS -n"$DESC" -o"$MOTD" > ServerLog_$TS 2>&1

When I connect to the server, I see that the MOTD and server description are cut off at the first space.

I have tried:

Remove color codes
Switch to single quotes in variable
Switch to single quotes in command argument at bottom
Add escaped double quotes around the variable
Add escaped single quotes around the variable
Escape the spaces

Same issue on all

Any idea?
Thanks given by:
I'm not quite sure why this isn't working, but as I suggested to Jack in IRC, it's less confusing to use "-Cconfig/servercmdline.txt", then put all the parameters in the servercmdline.txt file. And, as he found out, if you don't have servercmdline.txt, you don't have the latest version of AC.
Thanks given by:
jamz is right.
Just for the fun of it, you might just try running the command directly before using my script you got from the wiki (yes, I'm also known as "MeatROme").
bin_unix/linux_64_server -mlocalhost -n"\f3This \f2Has \f1Spaces" -o"This even has\nNew Lines"
Of course, remove the "_64" bit if it's not appropriate.
What is "assaultcube-server" - it's not a vanilla file, maybe that's messing it up for you.
Thanks given by:
I was trying to run /usr/games/assaultcube-server and pass it appropriate arguments - the server.sh was supposed to automate some things it seems. All works OK when I use servercmdline.txt properly.
Thanks given by:
/usr/games/assaultcube-server must be a script provided by the package of your distribution - these are not supported by us and have given us considerable pains in the past. I've even tried to contact some of their maintainers, yet they never responded.
Glad you've found a way, Jack - thanks again to jamz for providing the help :-)
Thanks given by:
Yes, that was the repository installation. It worked OK once I ran from the directory I extracted from the .bz2 here
Thanks given by: