<SOLVED?>Choppy Movement on Ubuntu 10.04LTS
@Gibstick,
I haven't had any problems with sound that I'm aware of. Sure 180+fps would be nice, but if you seen my specs, I won't be getting there anytime soon. o_O I am surprised that you say AC freezes. I assume it's a hiccup and not a hard freeze, right?
@All
I guess what I'm getting right now is about the best I'm gonna get unless there are some tweaks to be done. Is there a config file somewhere? I found one, but it says to do editing from in the game...
Anyways, I guess I'd mark this thread as solved, but I don't see a way to do that...

Thanks given by:
edit your autoexec.cfg file with changes to your startup scripts. :D
Take a look at automatic scripts folder setup as well.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 11, 06:48PM)V-Man Wrote: edit your autoexec.cfg file with changes to your startup scripts. :D
Take a look at automatic scripts folder setup as well.
Cool, thanks!

Thanks given by:
0.zer0: well, when you're running with the flag in CTF it does seem like an eternity when AC has hiccups. I used to play on a Radeon X300 and I got along just fine. Try these commands:
maxfps 0
texreduce -1
dynlight 0
dynshadow 0
lighterror 100
gibnum 0
blood 0
hudgun 0
vsync 0

Then turn down your resolution, from either in-game or with the -w(width) and -h(height) switches, and use the -b16 -z24 switches (16 bit depth, 24 bit z-buffer).

Alternatively, if you don't get input lag try /maxfps 60 then /vsync 1, with the rest of those commands.

BTW, you probably found init.cfg and/or saved.cfg, which are automatically generated by AC.
Thanks given by: