Japan Tsunami
I was touched to see the dreadful tsunami hitting Japan, such an immense tsunami... Just wish to make sure everyone is OK in case there is any Japanese here or if you have any relatives or friends living there. God bless!
Thanks given by:
yes it sounds like a disaster. hope japan gets better.
Thanks given by:
Ohh I can't belive what happened!!!, I live in Ecuador in the coast just at 300 meters from the beach and I gone to the beach at 19:30 (the Tsunami time in my country)....and..and I almost fall in the way home... and the tide? ohh the tide was like a kid pool.

Hope you all are alright.
Thanks given by:
-snipped-
I hope everyone is okay.
Thanks given by:
Nahh relax, this world still has several million years ahead, and most important, the world won't end if the human race die out, in fact it would be a better place for animals :).
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 11, 06:39AM)Leoi Wrote: Nahh relax, this world still has several million years ahead, and most important, the world won't end if the human race die out, in fact it would be a better place for animals :).

-snipped-
True that.
Thanks given by:
Are you aware of everything that has withstood the world? We are talking about comets, meteors, earthquakes, global fire, ice ages, tornadoes, rays; and you think 200 years of pollution (since the industrial revolution) are gonna make a difference?

Don't be scared.
Thanks given by:
-snipped-
Yeah we'll be safe.
Thanks given by:
IIRC some aCKa members are form Japan. Be safe guys.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 11, 07:23AM)Lightning Wrote: IIRC some aCKa members are form Japan. Be safe guys.

Epudhi is okay!
Thanks given by:
This movie comes to mind...

[Image: DOOMSDAY.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Here are some photos of the disaster
Thanks given by:
I feel sad for them, I hope they'll get better...

Anyway, these disasters make me think the world is really going towards an end...
Thanks given by:
@ Andrez

I do not think so.
Such a tragedy is not related to any human act. Such event (earthquake/tsunami) happened many times in the past, and will continue to happen in the next million years.

What really calls my attention is the efficiency of the Japanese people to react to such trouble and prejudice.
In the beginning of the year, here in Brazil, we faced the (expected) annual rain flood and land slips... which is 1000 times more predictable than any earthquake/tsunami, produces 1000 times less destruction, but the amount of deaths in Brazil looks like to be the same (or more than) in this Japan incident.
In the same time, the Australian people had ten times more prejudice with flood, but they had a hundred times less deaths.

Thanks given by:
Latin American countries' efficiency FTW :)
Thanks given by:
Maybe the solution is to declare war to the USA... and then surrender asap. :P
Thanks given by:
"prejudice" -> "advance notice"?
Thanks given by:
Prejudice > the flood was worse than what Brazil got

::(( for all Japanese
Thanks given by:
war against U.S.? I bet the whole world can go against the U.S. and still lose.
Thanks given by:
You missed my point, bballn45
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 11, 09:10PM)bballn45 Wrote: war against U.S.? I bet the whole world can go against the U.S. and still lose.
US is a very powerful country, but LOL. With the Germany, China, and Russia alone it would be enough against the US. It would probably end anyways with someone abusing some nuclear weapons, thus most probably with us killing ourselves and our Earth. Though I think you misunderstood Brahma so let's go back on topic...
Thanks given by:
This is not the point of this thread or my point, Wolf...

Do not turn this thread in "USA vs all"
Thanks given by:
yeah, USA vs AUS was enough :P
Thanks given by:
I would like to pay my respects to those who were taken before their time. You shall be remembered through your friends and loved ones
Thanks given by:
Has anyone else seen the facebook/twitter posts calling the tsunami "payback for pearl harbor"? I would like to be the first to say that these people are morons, and should not be allowed to reproduce. First of all, the atomic bombs were more than enough payback, and second, you shouldnt even think about it that way. I hope everyone understands that my jokes (esp the US vs AUS thread) were all in good fun, and i would not wish harm on anyone. well, except those ignorant people i previously mentioned.
Thanks given by:
Ya'll get over pearl harbor, they seem to have gotten over the bombings.
I'm glad those people aren't politicians :P
Thanks given by:
I won't be losing any sleep over this disaster. GO INLAND. Not to hard to figure out. I just hope their damn nuclear reactors don't pollute the ocean. The worlds water has already had enough abuse from British Petroleum. But I guess we could use a little more. I wonder why the sea life is dying....hmm....I can't figure it out. Must be the air pollution.

edit: Sorry in advance if I upset you, just my opinion
Thanks given by:
vern... sorry for saying this, but your opinion express your ignorance.
You should not blame the japonese people for a natural disaster or the place they live.

Maybe you blamed the New Orleans people for the Katrina too...

Also, what crazy idea... move thousands of people to inland?! What land? Where? Do you think it is so simple? Stop saying senseless stuff and respect their losses.
Thanks given by:
I like how they react, how they help each other. RIP all losses.

Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 11, 11:54PM)vern Wrote: I won't be losing any sleep over this disaster. GO INLAND. Not to hard to figure out.

Idiotic and ignorant post.
Thanks given by: