Japan Tsunami
Vern, first of all, a tsunami is not something that is anticipated to ensue it gives time for the people to go inland. Second, earthquakes are not able to be predicted yet, so from the moment the tectonic plates clash, to when the wave hits, it's just a few minutes (waves can go up to 500 miles an hour). And thirdly, think of how hard it would be to evacuate all the cities in the area even if you're given 1-3 days (which does not happen).

Remember many cities were not only affected by the tsunami, but by the very earthquake itself, so besides the f*cking wave, think about the damn chaos with everything falling, you are trying to go under a table or something, while the wave is coming at you and you have no clue; it's hell man.
Thanks given by:
You cannot move to any part of this planet and expect to be free from natural disasters your whole life.
Eat them words when you have to mobilize, vern.
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 11, 11:54PM)vern Wrote: I won't be losing any sleep over this disaster. GO INLAND. Not to hard to figure out. I just hope their damn nuclear reactors don't pollute the ocean. The worlds water has already had enough abuse from British Petroleum. But I guess we could use a little more. I wonder why the sea life is dying....hmm....I can't figure it out. Must be the air pollution.

edit: Sorry in advance if I upset you, just my opinion
I won't either, but Jesus Christ, you are a complete idiot, lawl. I just hope your damn genetics don't pollute the gene pool. The gene pool has already had enough abuse from your parents. But I guess we could use a little more. I wonder why ignorance is rising... hmm... I can't figure it out. Must be the rap music.

Thanks given by:
This, once again, is my opinion, thats all. If you disagree, well I can't change that.
Second, I will not pursue a flame war, that you might want. Third, to all that called me
ignorant and idiotic, I thank you for your honesty, but, if your trying to hurt my
feelings, its not going to happen, ever. <3 u all ;) vern not mad :D UMAD?

*Important*

Tsunami's happen, can't change that. But if you live close to an ocean, don't be
so surprised when it does happen. If you put yourself in a situation,
were you a vulnurable, then its your own fault when something happens.
You really can't argue that, and if you do, your in some serious denial
I've never even heard of. We have to agree on that. If not, there is something
wrong with you.

example

If I'm sitting on live train tracks, more than likely, I'm going to get hit by a train.
If I get off the train tracks, more than likely, I'm not going to get hit by a train.
This isn't theory, this falls into the commensence category.

@all who don't understand

Inland... Pack your shit, get in the car, drive inland. Or, pack your shit, get on a plane, fly inland.
Its as easy as that. How is this not reasonable? We are all responsible for our own destiny.

@all

I know, I know, you don't agree. You want to tie me to a tree, and then cut it down. I know,
you want me dead in a ditch with three broom sticks sticking out of my ass. I know, I know, but I am truly sorry
if my words offend you. These are just words, from one man, sitting in his basement,
on his 486, which he uses to ha4x AC, naked, watching Oprah. /:D

RIP to all innocent lives lost. I do wish the best for all survivors, may they pick up the pieces and move on.
Thanks given by:
vern, your logic is fine. It's your sensitivity that's failed.
Thanks given by:
Just because they are japanese doesn't mean they can see the future, It's tupid to think that Japan has enough land to stay away from the shore, It's an island It's more than obvious that It's going to be people leaving somewhere close the sea.

It's impossible to predict a quake that hard, just imagine what would You do?, Mexico had a 7.8 quake and most of the city fell, we didn't even see it coming.

Hope it never happens to you vern, plus we all need to learn something from the Japan people, helping eachother.
Thanks given by:
Agreed :)
Thanks given by:
In all honesty, Australia is the safest place on earth since it is in the middle of a tectonic plate.

My condolences go to the Japanese people's disaster/crises.
Thanks given by:
Again...
Tsunamis and earthquakes are not the only natural disasters that occur.
If you only wanted to avoid tsunamis, your logic is just fine.
But get real, Mother Nature can become a raging homicidal maniac no matter where you live.
Thanks given by:
I really do wish I could go over there and help those people :(
Coast: Huge waves, earth quakes, floods, and lava flows (Hawii and places like that)
inland: Tornados, forest fires, lava flows, and lots more
the list is endless

I have to mottos, the second one is Shit happens
Thanks given by:
All three reactors are now malfunctioning. Japanese officials don't have the best reputation for being forthcoming about potential danger but even they have distributed iodine tablets. Meltdown is unlikely but I'd be getting the hell out of there.
Thanks given by:
lol Vern your logic is still idiotic. I don't care about your feelings. If I did, I wouldn't call you an idiot. But good luck when you die of heart disease/cancer/accident/something unpreventable or unchangeable (aka genetics), just remember in your dying moments to question why you didn't move inland ololo
Thanks given by:
Wow.... My relatives LIVED near the Oil refinery (chiba)
Lucky my mum flew out 1 month ago :D
Thanks given by:
There is not ONE place that is safe enough to live safe and happily.
- Antartica, too cold you'll freeze to death.
- Netherlands, too low you'll drown because of floods.
- USA, all kinds of shit. From tornadoes to earthquakes to floods to blizzards to hurricanes.
- Africa, diseases such as Malaria, floods, cyclones.
- Wildfires practically in any place that has trees.
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 11, 10:10AM)jamz Wrote: vern, your logic is fine. It's your sensitivity that's failed.

OUCH

I hopez Japan will bez ok...

T.T

Thanks given by:
That was a very tragic event and it surely devastated not only those in Japan, but the whole world as well. I also feel sad for those who lost their loved ones and their properties from the calamity. I do hope that this event will be an eye-opener for all of us to realize how life is short so we should learn to really live each day as it was our last and that we should be more grateful of the things we have. I also do hope that the radiation issues from the nuclear plant will not further worsen and cause more devastation to the people as well. let us all hope for the best!
Thanks given by:
(15 Mar 11, 01:42PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: - USA, all kinds of shit. From tornadoes to earthquakes to floods to blizzards to hurricanes.

and politics.
Thanks given by:
yeeeh, bad USA :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InV0cVH6KZc

ps. i never hear so many bullshits in one video :)
Thanks given by:
The US gets a lot of flack for derping often, but there ARE worse places, haha
Thanks given by:
(15 Mar 11, 08:02PM)V-Man Wrote:
(15 Mar 11, 01:42PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: - USA, all kinds of shit. From tornadoes to earthquakes to floods to blizzards to hurricanes.

and politics.

That's why I left... jk
Thanks given by: