bug ? many hits but no kill...
Hi all,

It's not the first time I have this bug...
Sometimes I need 11 bullets in survivor with SMG to kill a guy... Or 14 bullets for example when they don't pickup any health (according to accuracy stats)

How is that possible ? Accuracy stats are wrong ? Maybe I missed something
Thanks
Thanks given by:
happens for me too...
Thanks given by:
LAG, BROKEN GAME
Thanks given by:
IF SP33DY GONZALES CAN'T USE AN SMG, YOU KNOW THE GAME'S BROKEN
Thanks given by:
:D yes in fact, the server seems to "cancel" some hits
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 12:16PM)Luc@s Wrote: :D yes in fact, the server seems to "cancel" some hits

yes, but why?
Thanks given by:
because chuck norris preferes CS:S...?
Thanks given by:
Eleven bullets to kill 100/100 with SMG is normal, but fourteen is not. If you want to test, make yourself a cheat client and use it on your own server with anticheat. You'll notice the dropped hits, but see your own accuracy still go up.
Thanks given by:
As I promised to Sebacious, I will check this soon.
The system needs a better tuning.
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 02:12PM)Brahma Wrote: As I promised to Sebacious, I will check this soon.
The system needs a better tuning.
sounds good
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 01:10PM)Gibstick Wrote: Eleven bullets to kill 100/100 with SMG is normal, but fourteen is not. If you want to test, make yourself a cheat client and use it on your own server with anticheat. You'll notice the dropped hits, but see your own accuracy still go up.
14 on CTF
But 11 on survivor :p

Yes I already noticed huge shots drops when I made a server-side accuracy calculator.
Even on my own connection ?!

Thanks given by:
I call it lag
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 05:15PM)Luc@s Wrote: Yes I already noticed huge shots drops when I made a server-side accuracy calculator.

wait wait wait... "server-side accuracy calculator" means a custom server without anticheats? :O
Thanks given by:
It is largely lag-based, but I find it happens against bots as well...?
Thanks given by:
"bots as well"?!?!?!

* Brahma suicides
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 06:36PM)Brahma Wrote:
(26 Feb 11, 05:15PM)Luc@s Wrote: Yes I already noticed huge shots drops when I made a server-side accuracy calculator.

wait wait wait... "server-side accuracy calculator" means a custom server without anticheats? :O

I code many mods for AC even if I don't use them.. but I made this server-side acc. calculator because I need to get accuracy from the server for a project I'm currently working on.
Thanks given by:
So, these drops have no relation to the anticheats!?!??!
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 10:41PM)Brahma Wrote: So, these drops have no relation to the anticheats!?!??!

if these shots drops are related to the problem we are talking about here, and it's really likely, then yes, it shouldn't have relation with the anticheat.
But it needs to be confirmed... :/ I thought about the anticheat because i saw it could invalidate some actions... but you must be right

EDIT : maybe I just failed my accuracy code :P I'm going to do some tests
Thanks given by:
I find it happens to me if my client has a sudden fps drop due to some external thing like an antivirus self-updating. Maybe the hitsound doesn't register a few of those bullets (nearly point-blank, no joke) and those bots have nearly 100 armor.
Thanks given by:
Ok I think I found the problem (in void processevent(client *c, shotevent &e), serverevents.h)
if(!gs.isalive(gamemillis) ||
       e.gun<GUN_KNIFE || e.gun>=NUMGUNS ||
       wait<gs.gunwait[e.gun] ||
       gs.mag[e.gun]<=0)
{
        return;
}

// and especially this doesn't work as it should do
wait<gs.gunwait[e.gun]

Server looks to think many shots are too fasts
(I tested, displaying warning messages when "wait<gs.gunwait[e.gun]" was true)
It happens with Rifle, SMG and sometimes pistol if you shot fast;
I'm also surprised this is not part of the anticheat : if it is also in the anticheat code, it must be redundant. And anyway there are too many false positives ! (sometimes, about 10 % !)
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 11, 11:31AM)Luc@s Wrote: ...

Am I understanding this correctly as: If a player fires two AR bullets -- the first arrives after 130ms, the second after 240ms -- the first will be after more than 120ms delay so will be accepted but the second will be only 110ms later so will be discarded. If this is the case it is very broken but simple to fix.

Am I right in thinking it can simply be fixed by changing:

Quote:wait<gs.gunwait[e.gun]

to

Quote:wait+40<gs.gunwait[e.gun]

which is far more permissible?
Thanks given by:
epic
Thanks given by:
Oh god. This works so good once the bugfix has been applied to the server :D!
Everthing hits :)
Thanks given by:
Yes... this piece of code looks like strange (lag sensible) and very redundant with the anticheats (since the anticheats have a better code to take into account lag/cheat in the shot).

But this piece of code is there from a long time... (before 1.1, and before I entered the devs team). And this means the 1.0 must be dropping shots as well.

But I am not sure... I need to check this. And unfortunately I cannot check it now.

@ Lucas and Roflcopter

Can you check carefully if this code is really necessary, or if the dix proposed by Roflcopter can fix it (wait+40<gs.gunwait[e.gun])?

I believe this is too much sensible to lag effects... and I also believe this piece of code could be simply ripped.
Thanks given by:
it should be directly ripped then... but I can test if you want
Thanks given by:
Yes... please!

Talk to flowtron... I have no access to the sources for the next week, but I believe you could rip/change this piece of code and test with the current full official game (including anticheats).

Congrats to you, for your effort in improving this game!
Thanks given by:
Yes -- this completely fixes other players' problems in a test server I made for SVN. We played with some UK and Australian players with the check completely removed and had no issues. Bullet registration seems, for once, perfect.

Luc@s, thank you!
Thanks given by:
Your SVN server probably didn't have anticheat, did it? Do we need to compile a server with this fix and anticheat to see if anticheat is doing anything?
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 11, 05:41PM)Gibstick Wrote: Your SVN server probably didn't have anticheat, did it? Do we need to compile a server with this fix and anticheat to see if anticheat is doing anything?

It was recompiled by me -- that means there won't have been anti-cheat doesn't it?

I recompiled the server without any modifications too and the result was a definite improvement we felt. That is, it's hard to say how much this particular line of code is contributing. I think the anticheat may be at fault some of the time too, though.
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 11, 05:03PM)Roflcopter Wrote: [...]
ok :)
Brahma Wrote:[...]
np ;)
Ok 40 is not enough (but 50 is). But is it really useful with the anticheat ?

Thanks given by: