Beta-Test Phase
Now where's my money?? I was told we were being paid for testing this!
(yes, i'm being sarcastic again)
Thanks given by:
I like the 100 health 100 armor in survivor, will make things more interesting.

i find the shotgun to be a lil weak, lil less spread would prob fix that.

the sniper 1 sniper 1 pistol is to strong im my opinion. the 1 sniper 2pistol seemed perfect to me. i dont play sniper that much and 1-2 combo i could still get alot of kills, and a really skilled player could get even more. now with a 1-1 combo, every will just go back to sniper again.

you can still kill someone faster with a 1-2 combo with sniper with good aim, against another gun. to me going to 1-1 combo is really strong, i know this is AC but sniper should still be a long range weapon, and if someone wanted to rush with it, a 1-2 combo is still strong enough.

the other guns seem fine.
Thanks given by:
Just wanna thank the devs for taking the unhappiness of the weapon balance of 1.1.4 into consideration and making this version so much better. I'm loving the game, and am really impressed of your job here!

Thanks to all of you!
On behalf of BC, whom are all very happy with it !
Thanks given by:
For some reason i have more FPS in the Beta than in 1.1.0.4 is it normal?, and turne out that i love it :) thank You devs.
Thanks given by:
i come with a request..can we please get to 100 hp only for survivor/ team survivor? because the whole reason i played survivor was no pickups (armors) etc. But now it doesn't have the same feel with armor.
Thanks given by:
There are a bunch of FPS drops with Windows 7, going from 60-100 down to 9-20 isn't very good.
Thanks given by:
Check your settings!1!!!!(!!)
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with 1.1.0.5 it's perfect <3
Thanks given by:
I have checked my settings, they were on "Horrible" at the time.
Thanks given by:
btw will lag always result in an unkillable invisible teleporting killing machine, or can it possibly be changed in the future so lag is more..freeze til u get shot by real players ?
Thanks given by:
CyberKlown28: Actually, lag also means shooting others, to then fathom that your full ammo clip used on them did not cause damage, and when a stable connection is gotten back you find yourself on the ground because ostensibly the other player killed you. Of course, this is nothing but the lagger's fault that that happened, seeing as it's principally his lag. I just wanted to get my opinion across, because I do agree that sometimes it is the other way and it can get quite irritating, but it is also annoying for lagger, because the lag doesn't exactly let us play that smoothly as we would want to. This is for 5-10 lag spikes anyways.
Thanks given by:
I'm unable to pinpoint when/how/why it happens, but it appears that there may be a bug with plclips in that bots are able to get through them occasionally. I noticed this the first time while playing with bots on ac_stellar and noticing that I was 1 bot short. He had gotten behind the boundary plclip which was covering the entire gap that the bot could've gotten through (clip goes from one building to the next, and from the ground all the way up to the ceiling, so logically there is no way that the bots should be able to get through them.

I'll keep testing this and see if I can find out more about it, but this has happened to me more than once in 1.1.0.4 bot rounds. Not urgent, just thought I'd mention it.
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 11, 06:01AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: CyberKlown28: Actually, lag also means shooting others, to then fathom that your full ammo clip used on them did not cause damage, and when a stable connection is gotten back you find yourself on the ground because ostensibly the other player killed you. Of course, this is nothing but the lagger's fault that that happened, seeing as it's principally his lag. I just wanted to get my opinion across, because I do agree that sometimes it is the other way and it can get quite irritating, but it is also annoying for lagger, because the lag doesn't exactly let us play that smoothly as we would want to. This is for 5-10 lag spikes anyways.

just seems more often recently that most games I'm in have a few people doing it, and laggers really shouldn't be able to do that...

so anyways, is that ever going to change or will AC always have teleporting invisible saluters?
Thanks given by:
in 1.1.04 my FPS was 150 - 200,
but, in 1.1.05 my FPS went to 30 - 40 really...
(with all low settings)
Thanks given by:
Since bots crowd the spawn area, the game is forced to select a nearby "compromise" place to spawn any new bots. Sometimes this is behind a plclip.
Thanks given by:
release date?
* MykeGregory waits to be told "it will be done when its done"
lol.
what is the sniper like at long range? is it 1.1.0.4 style or 1.0.4 style? i never noticed a difference then so i'm not sure if i'll notice now (if its been changed)

Thanks given by:
If anything, it will be easier.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 11, 12:21AM)Gibstick Wrote: If anything, it will be easier.

i was thinking that with the damage boost.
i cant wait to get this version.
thanks to the guys developing it.

Thanks given by:
Fps drops? Thats the last thing we needed...
Thanks given by:
I don't know about anyone else, but I think the SMG spread needs to go up a bit...
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 11, 01:19AM)Orynge Wrote: I don't know about anyone else, but I think the SMG spread needs to go up a bit...

It's quite high already. It just makes it more of a 'luck' weapon than one that takes skill to learn. For example, having low spread on the AR means you are highly rewarded for accuracy, where as if you're using the smg for anything more than a few cubes, you have to get lucky and just hope some of your bullets hit.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 11, 02:07AM)castiel Wrote:
(19 Feb 11, 01:19AM)Orynge Wrote: I don't know about anyone else, but I think the SMG spread needs to go up a bit...

It's quite high already. It just makes it more of a 'luck' weapon than one that takes skill to learn. For example, having low spread on the AR means you are highly rewarded for accuracy, where as if you're using the smg for anything more than a few cubes, you have to get lucky and just hope some of your bullets hit.

So kills with the SMG are "lucky" now eh? :P
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 11, 04:24AM)Fate Wrote:
(19 Feb 11, 02:07AM)castiel Wrote:

So kills with the SMG are "lucky" now eh? :P

Not exactly, but SMG requires more 'luck' than other weapons. When you increase spread you increase the luck required to use a weapon. If you increase something like recoil, you can learn to account for that, and with time/skill you can overcome it. No matter how much skill or time you put into using a weapon you cannot reduce the spread of it.
Thanks given by:
You can if you use the SMG in short bursts, reducing recoil + spread.
Using this method, it will be quite useful at long range.
Thanks given by:
The basic SMG spread has not been changed. All that changed is the new "first shots more accurate"-behaviour" - so it has become "less luck" if at all.

It's funny, because smg used to be the "skill" weapon, not the "luck" weapon, at least by player perspective :P
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 11, 10:28AM)makkE Wrote: The basic SMG spread has not been changed. All that changed is the new "first shots more accurate"-behaviour" - so it has become "less luck" if at all.

It's funny, because smg used to be the "skill" weapon, not the "luck" weapon, at least by player perspective :P

Yeah I think I phrased it badly. I just meant that the higher the spread, the more luck is involved(correct me if i'm wrong). I think this is more than fair for the smg, being a close range weapon :P It can also help if your opponent is moving side to side, so it has its ups and downs :)
Thanks given by:
Saw the "it will be done when its done" thing. But can you give a general estimate of when it'll be released?(ex. Early March)
Thanks given by:
^would be nice.
Thanks given by:
Late May. If flowtron's dentist is polite.
Thanks given by:
sweet!
the release of AssaultCube 1.1.0.5 AND BRINK in the same month.
:D!
Thanks given by: