NZ Servers
Thought I'd put this here.

Anyway. The NZ servers, as many would know if they play on them, have been giving each player who plays on them uncontrollable ping spikes constantly - making the servers almost unplayable. Does anyone know why this is happening or when i will go away?

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
You will go away when I say you can :P

yer on Topic I can't even play on them cuz it lags way too much and my pin jumps to 6000
Thanks given by:
You should try changing your user title to "IT'S OVER 70!!!", this trick will give you pings similar to most Australians.
Thanks given by:
Well, from what i believe, there is a bandwith problem.
Thanks given by:
There's issues with my provider. They've fixed most of it, but I'm still seeing international players experience ping spikes every couple of minutes.

Patience is needed. The providers data centre actually blocked port 1337-1338 before, that's how bad it was.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply RandumKiwi. :) Also, I liked JMM & HUNTSMAN's comments. :D
Thanks given by:
Yeah unfortunately I can't report on the stability of the servers due to sitting nextdoor, but all 3 servers do seem to be up and running. As far as I have seen, non-NZ players do seem to be displaying stable pings and pj's.
Start playing on Pohutukawa again dammit people! It's lonely here and Hi-skill/THE-HUB is almost impossible to play on due to being always full, and 250ms+ pings suck -_-
Thanks given by:
(05 Jul 10, 05:59AM)Stupefy Wrote: Start playing on Pohutukawa again dammit people!

That is my FAVOURITE server, but unfortunately in the last week I simply cannot get a stable ping. Nor can anyone I've played with. :( I'm from AUS aswell.
Thanks given by:
Hi, if I can have some help from the AC community with this, thanks:

The VPS provider Wrote:We have been asked by our upstream for additional details so they can escalate the issue.

I'm assuming you're still seeing the issue. So can you please make some notes e.g. what time of day/night it's occurring, the frequency, how long the lag spikes last, and if the users experiencing it have anything in common (e.g. same ISP), and some of their IPs. If you are able to spot any other trends over a period of a few days that would be helpful also.

We can then pass that on in hope it will help them pinpoint where the issue is occurring.

So, basically, if a lag spike occurs for you, as a player, I need to report to them:
  • Exact time it occured (UTC+0, down to the second, would be best).
  • How many times it occured.
  • Your IP address.
Thanks given by:
RK, the problem, is that for me I lag spike basically the whole time I'm on a NZ server. Literally.
Thanks given by:
Yes same here |BC|Wolf.
I get lag spikes most of the game to and I am Australian who should get a good ping there.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I get lag Spikes that disconnect me and ping over 6000 and I live in australia
Thanks given by:
Yes, I know this, but telling me what I already know won't help. I need data to give them.
Thanks given by:
The problem continues to be specific to offshore connections only if that helps. It's becoming harder to find players playing on NZ servers but if I happen to be there and notice others having spikes, I will record the time.
Thanks given by:
standard@ubuntu:~$ ping -qi 5 randumkiwi.co.nz
PING randumkiwi.co.nz (60.234.40.49) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- randumkiwi.co.nz ping statistics ---
87 packets transmitted, 86 received, 1% packet loss, time 430390ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 304.185/308.077/366.610/6.549 ms
Looks pretty stable to me...
(Location: Vienna, Europe)

Edit: I tried it (on Pohutukawa) and bang, it happened after about a minute. Lag spikes, disconnect(normal), and only seconds later it was back to normal.
Time: 10:36 UTC
Occured once
My IP: 80.123.62.210

Edit again: @R4zor there were only 2 people ;)
Thanks given by:
It is pretty stable with <5 people. After that you get lag spikes very often.
Thanks given by:
R4, I also though that it was maybe a problem of too many people being on the server at the same time, but its not, the spikes occur at random times.
Thanks given by:
12:05 pm NZ time, roughly 5-8 people playing on Pohutukawa. Massive lag spikes for atleast half the players and any further players who joined.
http://i29.tinypic.com/2yljsrn.jpg
Thanks given by:
ITS STILL OVER 9000!
Thanks given by:
Just went into Pohu and within a minute I got huge lag spikes, even though the server was empty. Don't have the exact time though, sorry.
Thanks given by:
Note: issue is with UDP connections. Ping won't show udp issues, as it's ICMP, not UDP/TCP.
Thanks given by:
Now that's weird.
Thanks given by: