Development Branch (SVN:trunk)
Discuss here what you think about the current development branch.
If you find a bug please give us as much detail as possible so we can try to recreate it ourselves and hopefully find a fix.
Always remember: The SVN is WiP (work in progress), so some stuff may actually be broken at some point and you need to be prepared to regularly move your saved.cfg out of the way, to ensure you're playing with the default settings.
Thanks given by:
The weapons are much more balanced now. There is no "do all, own all" weapon in the game. It'll be very interesting to see people adapt themselves, and we should see much more variety. It broke my strategy guide (good thing).

Or you could do what I do, get a clean checkout for bug testing and another one to mess up with scripts and settings.
Thanks given by:
The pistol isn't as powerful as before
Thanks given by:
Darknot... be more specific.
The pistol still kills with 6 hits, and now it is much more precise at long ranges...
Thanks given by:
A lot of players including myself have noticed crazy video lag that will intermittently completely f*** up the game. It won't crash it but it makes play near impossible.
Thanks given by:
i fond a Glitch. i was playing on ac_desert..
as i was standing on a nade, then when it appeared it like it didn't pick it up intently as i was right on it
Thanks given by:
(03 Jul 10, 03:30AM)THESOUNDOFRAP Wrote: i fond a Glitch. i was playing on ac_desert..
as i was standing on a nade, then when it appeared it like it didn't pick it up intently as i was right on it

What?
Thanks given by:
I think he means that he found a glitch while playing on ac_desert, and when he stood over a nade pickup, he didn't get any more grenades. This happens on gothic sometimes too. reload the map is what I would suggest.

I think the solution to the mixup wolf is to not have this.

:)
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 10, 08:24PM)Gibstick Wrote: The weapons are much more balanced now.

I completely agree with this. There's now a weapon for almost every strategy.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jul 10, 04:01AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(03 Jul 10, 03:30AM)THESOUNDOFRAP Wrote: i fond a Glitch. i was playing on ac_desert..

What?

He is talking about the 'delay' effect (SORRY FLOWTRON for talking about it haha)

It happens because the server needs to register that the player is picking up the item, it's there to prevent cheaters who edit the map with more pickups. The downside is that you sometimes don't pickup items/pickups if you are on them as they spawn and move away quickly, you have to wait on the spawn for a short time for it to register. The code will be looked and reviewed :)
Thanks given by:
there was no Delay. Here i'll make Youtube Video 2 make thing easier 2 understand
vid pending..

Edit: it wasn't Workin Before i Posted my Report about it...
now its Working but,
in Single player there is a nade delay Pick up..
i'll try Test it in Server
in server it fail 2 pick up nade Before.... i'll recheck
(Nade Server Pick Up test): Pending
Thanks given by:
:D hey, I don’t know if this thread is the most appropriate to reply this, anyway here it is,

Is it possible to mod a server on the V1.1, so that players and bots play together?

If yes here’s some ideas for it:

moded servers, for cooperative campaign players VS bots, where all the players start on one end of a map and have to kill all bots in SURVIVAL mode, you have to use tactics to kill and stay alive.
I think this would make it better:

-random the bots ability when a map is loaded,
-make friendly fire on the players and the bots side,
-no health or armor pickups, only ammo ( idk, some health packs might be needed),
-maps with long corridors and lots of map model for cover ,
-once a player or bot is dead, can not spawn until the end of that match (like osok),

-make twice as much spawns as the bots playing,
- random the spawns when a map is loaded,
-sniping bots placed on high platforms have great camping spots and short movement
-the bots on the ground move around the whole area in straight lines, in an organized way

Yes, so I heard many times, bots are like stupid players with crappy aimbots! Cool, let them act like bots, that’s what they are.
some players liked the idea :P

Now, I know this is ac and not some other game, just think about it…

Consider this option for multiplayer, or if not possible, a singleplayer campaign.
Thanks given by:
As far as know, modding a server will get your ass kicked.
Thanks given by:

I hope you know that there's only one nade per pickup now.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jul 10, 06:01PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: As far as know, modding a server will get your ass kicked.

xD i dont even know how to! but would be cool to play coop. i meant if they make moded server on the incoming v1.1
Thanks given by:
(03 Jul 10, 01:58PM)Harps Wrote: He is talking about the 'delay' effect (SORRY FLOWTRON for talking about it haha)

It happens because the server needs to register that the player is picking up the item, it's there to prevent cheaters who edit the map with more pickups. The downside is that you sometimes don't pickup items/pickups if you are on them as they spawn and move away quickly, you have to wait on the spawn for a short time for it to register. The code will be looked and reviewed :)

Harps... you still do not understand it... so I will try to explain this to you for the last time before you continue to buggy flowtron about this and start to receive some warnings.

When you pass over an item, you send to the server the request to get the item.
And the server needs to reply. This delay does not prevent you of taking the item.
This authorization happens since 1.0.
The difference now is that the item *does not* disappears just after you pass over it.
If you do not believe me, open a 1.0 client, enter in a high ping server, and try to get any item... first the item disappears, and then, with some delay, you listen the pick up sound (authorization). In 1.1, the item disappears only with the sound event (this was related to the another bug).

Also, you are messing this delay effect with another sensation: the server does not allow you to get an item if it is not sure that you spawned (and are moving) in some point of the map.
Since the game *for you* happens in client side, the server takes some time to realize this whole thing happened.... so, depending of your ping, you can suffer from a higher item delay (sometimes, one second!), but only just after your respawn.

EDIT: This second effect only happens in ARENA modes.
EDIT2: I lied... I forget I put such delay in client side to all modes, not only ARENA :P

This last one is really related to some cheat avoiding, but it is not a *real* anticheat tool.
All real anticheats will be included only in the server binaries.
Thanks given by:
RIP, pickup-camping.
Thanks given by:
Edit: for got 2 add a word
Do i have 2 Redownload for Update? or..
the dev Update and/or edit Master Server. like Weapons im Saying.
not like Register Server. just Weapon etc.
Thanks given by:
TSOR... my english is not good.... but seriously, try to write something i can understand :)
Thanks given by:
I believe TSOR is asking, "If a modification is made to the source, regarding weapons, does he have to update the files he has?". The answer is yes, you do TSOR.
The code is being updated almost daily, and often more frequently. This is why an SVN tool (to download only the changed files) is much more efficient than downloading the entire tarball each time.
Thanks given by:
@TSOR:
[TUTORIAL] SVN on Windows
[TUTORIAL] SVN on Linux

If you´re on Mac ... well then you have got bad luck :P
Thanks given by:
i am a mac,
but i hav PC - WIN XP Media Center edtion And vid card , Sux!!!!
Frame Rates get 40 - 120 Good But Good Enough for me
Thanks given by:
Destroy is spelt wrong in Team Survivor. "Find the enemy team, destory them". Though it's a good sign that I can't figure out much else that's bad about the SVN.
Thanks given by:
You can change it yourself, in the "scripts.cfg" file, way down where it defines the "gamemodedesc" for different modes. For example, one of mine says:
gamemodedesc 5 [Capture the Flag: Nade-spam the campers!]
Thanks given by:
Note taken Orynge, thanks
Thanks given by:
zombie mode!
Thanks given by:
^ would love it. It could be the same as CA, except it won't lag as much. I'm pretty sure there would be various reasons why the devs wouldn't make it though.
Thanks given by:
The SMG was too fast, and it's now more fast.. I would prefer an accelerated shotgun rather..
Thanks given by:
The rate of fire has not changed on the smg.
Thanks given by:
everyone could love zombie mod :)
Thanks given by: