Suspicious installer
I found this thing on the internet

http://downloads.phpnuke.org/en/download...LTCUBE.htm

When you click download, it tries to download something with 700kb. Is this a fake?
Thanks given by:
It's been said alot and alot...... Just trust the official download.
Thanks given by:
downloads.phpnuke.org | WOT Reputation Scorecard | WOT (Web of Trust)
Scan result for the 1.1.0.exe file: VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

Scan result for 1.1.0.3 file: VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

The installer will install a toolbar and change your homepage.

pantallatoolbar
peer2peer.media-toolbar.com | WOT Reputation Scorecard | WOT (Web of Trust)
Quote:Set my homepage to the Peer2Peer toolbar customized Web Search page
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always use the official download site to download AssaultCube - AssaultCube - Download it!
Thanks given by:
FFS...
These fakes are really stupid.
Thanks given by:
Yay, we're famous :S
Thanks given by:
Funny is if some noob downloads fake client and next day you will see his IP(not him) on the blacklist. Admin is celebrated for his "gj", stupid noob is banned but the game lost players in his IP. Blacklist is temp solution to next release, so all please celebrate people who show holes, who code such hacks and code anticheats, not catchers of users of these codes. Brahma and his anticheat ftw. Remember there are kids without responsibility in the game.
Thanks given by:
All downloads, on that whole entire site installs weird toolbars and stuff.

Anybody that knows the troubled past of PHP nuke, knows that it's basically, the n00bs CMS - it's kinda like ac_village, a piece of crap, that people make heaps and heaps of new versions of, even though it's made terribly.

Note the wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP-Nuke#Issues
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 10, 02:02PM)Andrez Wrote: It's been said alot and alot...... Just trust the official download.

I've got game already(what a suprise!), I just was looking for community sites from my country. And I found this, I saw a tread where were an action to remove a fake installer before, so I thought it's good to let you know about another fake.
Thanks given by: