Why do my servers appear twice on the master list?
Hi all,

Can anyone help with this, i run three servers for FmC and all three appear twice in the master list. The IP's are the fixed IP of my cable modem (which is correct) and the internal IP of the server which should not be shown. I have adjusted the firewall setting locally and i can make the local address disappear but then the next time i restart the server it cannot log on, I am confused can anyone help?
Thanks given by:
In my experience, this is normal behaviour when you run the client on the same machine as the server. Your client sees the server on it's LAN and the server that is being reported by the masterserver; it doesn't know they're the same.
Thanks given by:
This has happened to me, but are you sure you're not hosting a LAN server?
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 10, 08:19PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: This has happened to me, but are you sure you're not hosting a LAN server?

I don't think so, i played already from the other side of the world in his servers :D
Thanks given by:
Did you see it in the masterserver? Because people in his area will see it, but if you didn't, and he gave you the ip, then it's most likely a LAN server
Thanks given by:
Nope, it was in the MS...
Thanks given by:
Hmm, then I'm not too sure, but I don't think it's harming anything, though you might want to check your ports
Thanks given by:
Closing this thread because I'm pretty sure it was cleared up, with MrAnderson, in IRC.
The client automatically detects AC servers running on any address on the same local subnet (LAN). It also detects any AC servers reported by the masterserver. The client doesn't know that the local server and the masterserver-reported server (on the external IP) are the same, so it gets listed twice with two different IPs.
Only clients on the LAN see the internal IP, not everyone in the world.

MrAnderson, let me know if there's anything else and I can open it up again.
Thanks given by: