Mutiplayer
Hi guys.
This problem is soo anoying!
So i downloaded assault cube for Mac OS. I start up the game and then go into multiplayer. After all the servers have appeared a choose one, i click it and it says connected to server. ALTHOUGH the map has not changed and there are no people in the server which i have chosen. This happens every single time i try to choose a server. I have re-downloaded it 4 times and it still happens!!! please some body help me..
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 10, 08:30AM)chris5151 Wrote: ... there are no people in the server...
Do you mean you're the only player on the scoreboard, or that there are other players, but you can't see them on the map?
If it's the first one, check to see what the messages were in the top left corner when you connected. Press F11 if the messages have scrolled off the top of the screen. It may be that you're not actually connecting to any servers.
If it's the second one, for some reason you're not auto-getmapping. Type /getmap to download the correct map from the server.
Thanks given by:
its the first one but the map doens't change either.
(30 Jun 10, 08:50AM)jamz Wrote:
(30 Jun 10, 08:30AM)chris5151 Wrote: ... there are no people in the server...
Do you mean you're the only player on the scoreboard, or that there are other players, but you can't see them on the map?
If it's the first one, check to see what the messages were in the top left corner when you connected. Press F11 if the messages have scrolled off the top of the screen. It may be that you're not actually connecting to any servers.
If it's the second one, for some reason you're not auto-getmapping. Type /getmap to download the correct map from the server.

its the first one but the map doens't change either.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 10, 08:50AM)jamz Wrote: ...check to see what the messages were in the top left corner when you connected...
Let us know...
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 10, 09:54AM)jamz Wrote:
(30 Jun 10, 08:50AM)jamz Wrote: ...check to see what the messages were in the top left corner when you connected...
Let us know...

First it says Attempting to connect to (IP ADRESS)
then is says " Connected to server "
Then one minute later it says disconnected from server
BUT I WASN'T in the server to start off with. I was just in the map i started out in.. with no people :<
IT ALSO says could not resolve server **IP ADRESS**
Thanks given by:
If this happens with every server you try to connect to, you probably have a firewall preventing access for the AC client. I know nothing about Mac software.
Thanks given by:
@chris5151

I think your router is blocking the ports used by the game... contact your administrator/internet service provider.
Thanks given by:
:/ sounds like you're joining empty servers.
When you're the first person in a server, the server loads up the map you were just on. That's why the map doesn't change.
Thanks given by:
erm...No it doesn't V-Man. If you're first in a server, it loads the next map in the server's maprot since the last time the server was used.
Or the first map if the server is being played for the first time since re/starting.
Well...the first map that supports only one player...
Thanks given by:
:/ Oh... I wonder why it happens on my server...
Probably a good reason not to make it a public one.
Thanks given by:
You could maybe try to disable your firewall. It may not be the most wise thing, but I once did it for about half a year and nothing really happened. To do it go on System Preferences > Security > and click on stop the firewall.
Thanks given by: