How do I enable this for my server?
Do you have the cd to reinstall your computer?
Thanks given by:
i dont see why the coop feature was even messed with, if there are new features added to make it better great. but before it was simple, go on server vote coop , load map, send map, other player gets map.

it was easy for even noobs.

now seems to be alot more problems with it than before.
on a server that is meant to be just coop, i get "restart game for new version of map" something along those lines, y, never happened before 1.1, why now.
( no im not saying anything about 1.1 so dont bring it up)

im just trying to understand the changes to coop, and why.
Thanks given by:
A lot of maps were being edited without permission, and even when expressly forbidden. The process for online coop has changed to better protect the rights of those who have made original maps.
Thanks given by:
(02 Dec 10, 07:26AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: A lot of maps were being edited without permission, and even when expressly forbidden. The process for online coop has changed to better protect the rights of those who have made original maps.

Thanks V-Man, and i understand why, from what you stated, that the features where added.

But when someone sends you a map, and it says restart game to get new version, i dont understand that at all. i read all the new stuff about 1.1 mapping servers etc. i dont know how to get a map that someone sends ( that is a custom map). i see alot that it says server doesn't have map, but isn't a map loaded to the sever when you /map name and it loads. ( i think i saw a switch that has to be enabled for it to load to server right ? to keep people from loading maps that the server doesnt want)

i guess i need to reread some docs or something just not fully understanding some new features.

but any help here would be great.

Thanks given by:
Quote:But when someone sends you a map, and it says restart game to get new version, i dont understand that at all.

That means just reload the map not restart AC, i think it is badly worded and confusing as i guess some players think you need to restart the whole game.
Thanks given by:
heh.
Yeah, it's an indication that the map you are currently on is not the latest version, and that if you load a new mode (or reload the same mode) on the same map, the changes will take effect.
Thanks given by:
(02 Dec 10, 01:52PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: heh.
Yeah, it's an indication that the map you are currently on is not the latest version, and that if you load a new mode (or reload the same mode) on the same map, the changes will take effect.

Thanks V-Man and Billybob that makes more sense now

Thanks given by: