Scam/Malware Warning
(20 Oct 10, 07:22AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: They changed the executable download. I'm sure it used to direct somewhere else, where-as now it directs to sourceforge (our host) to download our file.

Not if you use «download the game» on front page.
[Image: screenshotke.th.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks given by:
facebook group: search "assault-cube"[Image: screenshot20101020at251.jpg]

unfortunately, it will be hard to report because you have to go to the group page on facebook itself and find the "report" button, yet when you click the search link, you are redirected to the website itself :/
Thanks given by:
Its OK now, the file no longer exists anymore
assaultcube-installer.exe is not found
Thanks given by:
Have any of the project owners attempted to contact the actual host?

Shooting a DMCA takedown notice over to [email protected] should resolve the issue within 48 hours. I have worked with them in the past and they take legal issues very seriously. Make sure you provide the server's IP (69.167.170.233) to expedite the process.

Once you take action with the host, your next course of action should be to contact the domain registrar (Enom) with another DMCA notice in an attempt to gain control over the domain name. Enom might be harder to work with, but since this is such a blatant rip it should be rather painless.
Thanks given by:
I think some mods/admins tried to do it.
But thank you for the remind!
Thanks given by:
A quick question:
I noticed that the scam site redirects to the actual docs and wiki. Couldn't the docs and wiki to edited to include a scam warning, so that when people go to check them out, they realize they site they came from is fake?
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 10, 06:50PM)U|Zarj Wrote: A quick question:
I noticed that the scam site redirects to the actual docs and wiki. Couldn't the docs and wiki to edited to include a scam warning, so that when people go to check them out, they realize they site they came from is fake?

:O ingenius. why didnt i think of that?

btw, you probably could sue them for copyright infringement or something XD
Thanks given by:
whats the bet its BS... in the video they are playing dust2
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 10, 07:50PM)JGAN Wrote: btw, you probably could sue them for copyright infringement or something XD
Ask DEKiMA about that. :-P

Let's just all dress up as ninja and storm their base of operation.

@XFA: You mean bs_dust2?
Thanks given by:
i lol'ed.
interesting stuff.
but you guys seem to have it all under control :)
Thanks given by: