Banned request
Just a simple request.

Could it be made more clear which maps are illegal/legal to include in the maprot?

My server has been permanently removed from the masterserver due to a (corrected) illegal maprot. My server ran for weeks with an illegal map, and without warning, was removed.

My only hope is that i'll be allowed back when the update to 1.1 happens.

Not complaining, its my fault for not knowing the rules, just commenting so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Just use official maps to be safe. DES maps are also consdered good. Any maps like ezjem and twintowers which are poorly textured and are too big are illegal. You get what I mean.
Thanks given by:
Or use maps from the map packs (there is a thread about that on the forum, I let you search.)
;)
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 10, 06:56PM)Lightning Wrote: Just use official maps to be safe. DES maps are also consdered good. Any maps like ezjem and twintowers which are poorly textured and are too big are illegal. You get what I mean.

Haha I do now.

Oh well, no more AC-USA.
Thanks given by:
I have a bl of maps i can send it to you if you want!
Thanks given by:
lol me too
Thanks given by:
look out on other servers for good maps
Thanks given by:
A rule to try might be only use maps with ac_ in front of them. Of course, there are a lot of exceptions (apollo_ comes to mind, as well as a couple of bulls*** maps with ac_ there) but for the most part you shouldn't come off too bad.
Thanks given by:
Anything with village, or jem, or ville, or gema, or special characters (!@#$%) in the name generally aren't allowed.
Thanks given by: