Gun specific kill messages - ideas needed.
Knife: stabbed, assasinated,
Thanks given by:
AR - Massacred
SMG - Shredded
Shotgun - Out-skilled
Knife - Stupefied
Thanks given by:
I think it should be "gibbed" for headshots, knife, and nades and everything else should be "fragged"
Thanks given by:
I agree with Habluka
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 10, 02:51AM)Habluka Wrote: I think it should be "gibbed" for headshots, knife, and nades and everything else should be "fragged"
By far my FAVORITE thing about 1.1.0.3 (actually, my favorite thing in 1.1 overall) is that my knife kills are finally getting acknowledged as knife kills.
You're not about to take that away from me...generalize every other weapon under the same kill message but the knife message STAYS.
Thanks given by:
Stupefy is 100% right here, I also don't like my knife swings looking as the same as some lame headshot or some noob granade kill.
Thanks given by:
Hello. Knife kill message must stay different as well as nades. Nades are way easier to get kills off of than a melee weapon. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 10, 06:20AM)KN!F3 Wrote: Hello. Knife kill message must stay different as well as nades. Nades are way easier to get kills off of than a melee weapon. Thanks.

you're right

maybe "pwned" on knive

Thanks given by:
"slashed" for knife is good enough, imho... the others can continue in the way they are... I think it must continue "gib" for nade for historical reasons...

Thanks given by:
How about it comes with default settings and then players can change the specific messages as they want to?
Thanks given by:
knife = "shanked/murked"
thanks
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 10, 05:52PM)Harps Wrote: knife = "shanked/murked"
thanks

Pistol = capped
SMG = fucked up

While we're going with gangsta
Thanks given by:
Knifed -> humiliated

Actually, I'd say no to this whole frag renaming thing. AC is complex enough, me thinks.
Thanks given by:
On a serious note IMO 'headshot' and 'knifed' are fine as they are. Splattered is cool too, but I don't think differentiating between nade gib and shotty gib is necessary (mainly because they're both just worth one frag). I'd actually like shotty kills to be frags as well, but the fancymeat animation can stay for close-range kills. I do agree with SKB, though, frags should remain frags.
Thanks given by:
Wtf is the SG? Havn't seen that in AC yet lol
Thanks given by:
SG = Shotgun. I'd wager a guess you'd seen it quite a few times now ;)
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 10, 04:57AM)TheCrema Wrote: Stupefy is 100% right here, I also don't like my knife swings looking as the same as some lame headshot or some noob granade kill.

I liked the part where headshots were lame
Thanks given by:
my first impression was excitement and happiness that there were all these new phrases then when i saw "frag" for the first time in 1.1.0.3 it lost it's appeal in comparison so just change frag to "shot" for all gun specific kill messages. kind of general but that would be alright.
Thanks given by:
I say make it so you can change it yourself, because some like fragged/gibbed, others like these fancy custom names for things that they want, and in order to cover and cater for everyone make it so you can customize it.
Thanks given by:
Same as JMM.
Nade / knife kills should have their own word each (gibbed / slashed or anything like that). sniper headshots too, maybe.
Others should just be "fragged" IMHO. Or something like "you have been fragged by XYZ with Assault Rifle"... but usually you know very well what your opponent used, so it's a bit useless information. I don't even like the shotgun "splattered", same with other phrases in this thread. It's only funny the first time, then it gets a bit boring.
Unless you find a good collection of very funny and unexpected phrases that would randomly appear for each weapon. Some humoristic touch.
Thanks given by:
The shotgun would be awesomer if we could make it blow gibs out the back of the enemy and leave a gaping hole.
Thanks given by:
Is it possible to make a scipt were we can change this?
So people who like to keep the game original can keep it frag and gib while other people can write whatever they want?
Thanks given by:
Shotgun: %s put more holes in you then Swiss cheese
Pistol: %s made you swallow lead.
Thanks given by:
AR: Fragged
SMG: Fragged
SG: Fragged
Sniper: Fragged
Pistol: Fragged
Carbine: Fragged
Knife: Gibbed
Nade: Gibbed
Thanks given by:
AR: shredded / gunned down / slowly pwned
SMG: sprayed and prayed upon / owned
SG: peppered / splattered / Pulp Fiction'd
Sniper: sniped / headshot
Pistol: pistol raped
Carbine: hunted down / wasted
Knife: slashed / shanked / sliced up
Nade: blown up / kaboom'd

I'd also like to see some images used in the score tracker perhaps? e.g.:
Player 1 (image of SMG) Player 2
Player 2 (image of sniper OR, incase of a headshot, a crosshair over a head perhaps?) Player 1
Thanks given by:
All is too good... Although I personally go with...
AR: Owned
SMG: Owned
SG: Owned
Sniper: Owned
Pistol: Owned
Carbine: Owned
Knife: Owned
Nade: Owned
(19 Oct 10, 05:33PM)Dark$aint Wrote: Is it possible to make a scipt were we can change this?
So people who like to keep the game original can keep it frag and gib while other people can write whatever they want?

Although I agree that the script is the best idea.
I would love to be able to make my own.
This would be so cool!
But also, it would be difficult though to do so... I still think the original one is best...
Hence...
AR: Fragged
SMG: Fragged
SG: Fragged
Sniper: Fragged/Gibbed
Pistol: Fragged
Carbine: Fragged
Knife: Gibbed
Nade: Gibbed
Thanks given by:
AR: shredded/gunned down
SMG: peppered
SG: noob tubed/splattered
Sniper: picked off/sniped capped
Pistol: pistol whipped
Carbine: wasted/gut shot
Knife: stabbed/shanked/cut
Nade: asploded/naded
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 10, 11:29PM)makkE Wrote: Hiho,

As you might have noticed, the "gibs" now have their specific messages, to make them more distinguishable. So I thought, why not have gun-specific messages for all types of death, so you can easily see what killed you? Here's what I came up with, but you might have some better ideas. They are all in the format "you got ***** by ...."

AR: shredded
SMG: sprayed
SG: splattered
Sniper: sniped
Pistol: whipped (lol)
Carbine: picked off
Knife: sliced
Nade: gibbed

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks given by:
really, the best thing to do is keep the ones you said, makke, and allow players to change them as they please.
Thanks given by:
I believe change is good. But not all changes.

The gib events where changed in 1.1.0.0 and 1.1.0.2. It's now easier to identify which gib a player has achieved.

What I don't agree with is why the gun specific messages should be changed, especially when the current system works fine as it is.
Thanks given by: