Error?
Ok, so I recently downloaded the game again after the new version was released, and I'm happy to say it works fine for me. But, my friend, after learning of the update, also downloaded it. He opened it up, and it gave him the error "AssaultCube fatal error" as the window title. Inside the window it says: "Win32 Exception:0xc0000005 [0x4d4ad00]

And yes that 0 is there in the message. Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
It's a memory thing. Basically AssaultCube is trying to access memory it's not supposed to. However, fixing it isn't as simple. I really am not sure. I get that error sometimes when Alt+Tabbing out of AC. But not usually when starting it or playing.
Thanks given by:
Try using another mirror perhaps?
Thanks given by:
Any extra message?
Is this XP, Vista or W7?
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 10, 04:15AM)DEKiMA Wrote: It's a memory thing. Basically AssaultCube is trying to access memory it's not supposed to. However, fixing it isn't as simple. I really am not sure. I get that error sometimes when Alt+Tabbing out of AC. But not usually when starting it or playing.

The exception code is often sent when the RAM module has a defect.
Thanks given by:
Agree^
*Faulty RAM*
or,
incorrect/corrupt device driver,
malware
adware
corrupt registry

Do you have a VALID windows product?
Thanks given by:
He runs an TOSHIBA, got it I'd say 2 years ago, he runs Windows Vista.
Thanks given by:
By valid, I meant legal copy of the operating system Vista. But I'll assume by 'got' that he bought the laptop from a store, with said operating system pre-installed.
Thanks given by:
Bought it at wal-mart.
Thanks given by:
I also have an error, and I'm on win xp, and it occurs most of the time when i start up ac or while during game play at random times :(

here's some shot:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6803/errorpit.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1461/error2y.png
Thanks given by:
What do you mean by valid os? Isn't it valid when it's pre-installed?
I'm guessing it has to do with the ram issue, because i haven't had this problem with 1101 and the older versions :/
Thanks given by:
That error about ac_werk.jpg, I get it as well, sporadically. Don't know what causes it. Screen will turn white for a few seconds before ac_werk is loaded.
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 10, 07:15PM)-ET-SiN Wrote: Bought it at wal-mart.
This must be the problem.
Thanks given by:
It runs all other games...
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 10, 12:48AM)JMM Wrote:
(16 Oct 10, 07:15PM)-ET-SiN Wrote: Bought it at wal-mart.
This must be the problem.
I got my desktop at best buy or circuit city.. idk I can't remember which.. so it's not store brand related :/
My main guess is limited ram or corrupt registry... but not sure which..
Thanks given by:
I don't think AC uses the registry at all...
Thanks given by:
Ah, you know, whenever something fails on Windows, blame the registry. What do you think why people keep downloading all that malware disguised as "registry scanners" or "registry repair tools" that promise 500% speedup and whatnot.

Ah, and btw, the installer does use it, but that's not actually related to AC.
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 10, 12:08AM)Iguana Wrote: I also have an error, and I'm on win xp, and it occurs most of the time when i start up ac or while during game play at random times :(

here's some shot:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6803/errorpit.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1461/error2y.png

Regarding the first screenshot, can you try this:

1) Open ./config/autoexec.cfg with notepad.
2) Add this: hidebigmenuimages 1
3) Save it. Start AC and see let us know if you get that error again.
Thanks given by:
nope, don't get the mapping errors no more, but the other error i do get, along with some other similar errors but sometimes with other symbols is side brackets []

oh and my desktop is around 8-10 years old..
Thanks given by:
Sounds like an alias issue. Probably just a bad cfg file, no big deal.

You could fix it, by deleting all the writeable cfg files and starting over, but otherwise, if you're fine with it, then it's harmless so just ignore it.
Thanks given by:
Copy your bin_win32 folder to windows/system32 folder....
---------------
Anyone can help me? if i run the AC it said could not load notexture.jpg.....
Thanks given by:
(24 Oct 10, 04:10AM)thq25 Wrote: Copy your bin_win32 folder to windows/system32 folder....
---------------
Anyone can help me? if i run the AC it said could not load notexture.jpg.....
lOl at the system32 thing. But AC has to be installed with the right folder structure, there are some things that must be in place, including notexture.jpg. Re-install AC and stop moving around those folders!
Thanks given by: