1.1.0.3 Release
The clock display doesn't work for me.. Any help?
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 04:05PM)makkE Wrote: I agree though that shotgun is a bit too strong now. We will re-balance it for 1104. Maybe this is one of the things contributing to "dying too fast".

Thumbs up!
Nowadays any noob can use the shotgun and do a decent score!
Thanks given by:
titiPT:

It won't show if you're on the start map, since it has no timelimit. Join a server and it will show.
Thanks given by:
Shotgun is fine, its the "dying too fast" part. I spawn, leave the base and get 1 or 2 kills then am mowed down from 3 sides every time, perhaps tone ALL guns down a bit....

I really wish the only thing you guys fixed was the stuck bug and added hack detection and stopped there, but it is your game.

Have fun and good luck in the trenches.
Thanks given by:
@MakkE:
Remember, the people whining about shotty being too strong are not the same people whining that it takes too long to frag someone.
There will always be whiners.

(13 Oct 10, 06:32AM)MorganKell Wrote: SMG frags fine. You are all just scared of the big bad shotty. Think outside the box... outside the box.
+1
Thanks given by:
We did not make guns stronger, at least not by damage. This really confuses me. If at all, we toned them down (maybe with the exclusion of shotgun). Sniper, Pistol, SMG all got weaker.

Maybe they are too easy to use now? I had the impression, that this was what players wanted from AC- fast and easy. I don't see though how recoil reduction makes the guns easier to use, exept at really low sensitivity. Besides, in 0.93 noone complained about low recoil...
Thanks given by:
I believe people are impressed by the shotgun splatter... previously shotgun was killing with one or two shots, but no one cared.... now that someone is able to kill you and you explode, people have the sensation it is overpowered. We cannot fix psychological effects... even more if they do not affect skilled players (I play ac_desert with smg against shotgunners without major issues...)
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 04:27PM)titiPT Wrote: The clock display doesn't work for me.. Any help?
Remember it won't work in the first round on startup. Just load another one to see it or join a server. /clockdisplay 1
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 07:17PM)makkE Wrote: We did not make guns stronger, at least not by damage. This really confuses me. If at all, we toned them down (maybe with the exclusion of shotgun). Sniper, Pistol, SMG all got weaker.

Maybe they are too easy to use now? I had the impression, that this was what players wanted from AC- fast and easy. I don't see though how recoil reduction makes the guns easier to use, exept at really low sensitivity. Besides, in 0.93 noone complained about low recoil...
YES YES YES THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT I beg of you don't mess with the weapons too much they're close to perfect right now.

I wouldn't mind if the sniper got back its extra 5pt of damage, though.
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see a cosmetic gib for SMG.
Thanks given by:
Balanced but increased recoil, Is what i would like to see.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I wouldn't mind if the sniper got back its extra 5pt of damage, though.
The sniper is great pls dont change it anymore!
Thanks given by:
What are the graphic changes ? /texturescale ?

Sniper is fine, but smg isnt strong enough against AR.
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 10, 11:09AM)Elite Wrote: Sniper is fine, but smg isnt strong enough against AR.

I agree, Also do weapons have bloom in assaultcube? i haven't really looked into it.
Thanks given by:
SMG is great. It's so ridiculously easy to handle an the theoretical minimum time needed to kill with each gun is identical... with that, the only way an AR beats SMG is from a longer range. In closer quarters, SMG takes the lead with easy handling, faster reload and SPRAY SPRAY SPRAY. I honestly think that SMG and AR are the two least important guns to consider when thinking of tweaking the balance.
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 10, 11:09AM)Elite Wrote: What are the graphic changes ? /texturescale ?

Sniper is fine, but smg isnt strong enough against AR.

try /texturescale -1
Thanks given by:
@makkE

-1 isnt in valid range (16...64)
when i try -1 its goes to 16(min)
I changed it to 23 , it feels a bit more like 1.0.4.
Are there any other graphic changes?

You cant win with smg on dm desert vs an experienced AR player. I lost with smg (play nearly 3 year this weapon) vs an AR Newcomer.

Make the 1.0.4 smg back, old recoil, old damage.
Thanks given by:
Err I meant texreduce, sorry
That texturescale command isn't really supposed to be there, because it's not something that is supposed to be user-settable... and I think you mean 32 rather than 23...
Thanks given by:
I will try,
nah i really mean 23 , i dont use standard!
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 04:48PM)makkE Wrote: titiPT:

It won't show if you're on the start map, since it has no timelimit. Join a server and it will show.
Thanks! And gibstick too :)

Thanks given by:
Ehm, texture scale is nothing that deserves tweaking - it will not make anything run better or look better (only look worse) - just put it on 32 and forget the command please, it won't be around in the next version anyways.
Thanks given by:
makkE when i press F12 my ac crash.
Any hint?!
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 10, 11:26PM)Timber Wrote: makkE when i press F12 my ac crash.
Any hint?!
I would suggest going to Settings->Misc settings and selecting BMP as the screenshot type... though this bug should already have been fixed AFAIK, not sure if what I'm saying is of any use.
Thanks given by:
@ JMM: or by simply using /screenshottype 0 :)
Thanks given by:
Please keep texture scale makkE. There has been a very fun script to go along with it!
Maybe just rename it to stop people from thinking that it work...
Thanks given by:
Why not change the sniper to 85 damage? It is hard to hit someone anyways. What AC 1.1 did is basically just deleted the weapon. I beg you to put sniper combo back up. Many people spent many hours practicing the sniper and guess what? It is the worst gun in AC now :/
Thanks given by:
No its not, the reason lots of ppl are complaining about the sniper/pistol combo now is caus they can't have the auto-switch script anymore and without it they are too damn slow to make the gun work. Just train a bit more with it and try to pull your knife out for a change when you are close range and if didn't notice the pistol is MUCH better in 1.1.
Apart from the bit stronger armor and the new "smaller" head, the sniper rifle feels the exact same weapon from 1.0, at least for for those who, instead of depend on a controversial script, took their time to practice.
Thanks given by:
Quote:the reason lots of ppl are complaining about the sniper/pistol combo now is caus they can't have the auto-switch script anymore and without it they are too damn slow to make the gun work.
I've been complaining about the sniper and I've literally never even seen the script...
Thanks given by:
The sniper got harder to play with, due to the new weapon balance, armor and changes in hitbox. Players who were great snipers in 1.0 are now just good, but the weapon itself fells, to me, just the same as before and can still do some serious damage, just doesn't own every single map anymore and to tell ya the truth, no weapon should!
Thanks given by:
Yea, I think the weapon balance is good now. I know the shotgun may be slightly "more powerful" but thats more aesthetic than anything. Getting "splattered" by the shotty leaves more of an impression on the user and the victim. Thats why so many people use it now, and thats why so many complain about it now. But I have used the shotty 'pretty much' exclusively until 1.1, and did well on nearly every map with it. The new weapon balancing actually FORCES me to use different weapons for different maps, so it seems to me like the balance is close to right. And as far as dying quickly....idk. That's a tweak here and there with your personal method of play. As they would say in the Corps; "Adapt and Overcome". I personally have had to change to a much more tactical way of playing. Now if you want to stay alive, you have to do a little of what we used to call "ratio whoring".

If you don't like that idea, then think of the noobs as our children.We have to stay alive for them. Do you really want to leave them to fend for themselves, mindlessly spinning in a circle and pointing their weapons at the sky, or squatting in corners shivering in fear? They need to be nurtured, guided, and protected. If your gonna be a whore, do it for the children man! the children!
Thanks given by: