Server Woes
Hey all. Been playin AC for a few months (at least) and have recently encountered some server probs. I've removed and re-downloaded the game several times, but the prob. comes back. Many times I will click on a server and be taken to a different one than what I clicked. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.[/b]
Thanks given by:
Yes, servers on the serverlist reorder themselves sometimes and very fast, so when you click on one you might actually be cick on the other.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Lightning. I guess it's a problem for others too? Not just me? No fixes? What about updates for the game other than 1.0.4?
Thanks given by:
I had that problem in the past, too.

That's why I typically use the arrow keys and enter. Once a server is highlighted, it stays so. It may be difficult at times to get the right server selected, but once you do, just hit enter and you're there.
Thanks given by:
By default, the servers are sorted by ping, but you never get an identical ping for each server (changes in traffic either at your or the server's end or somewhere in between, packets taking different routers, yada yada... millions of reasons why this might happen), so the pings keep changing, therefore the order of the servers in the list keeps changing (I also find this quite annoying at times). What I would do is sort the servers by name or other attribute that doesn't (usually) change, and simply add your favourite (low-ping?) servers to your love or like list so they will automatically show up on the top.
Thanks given by:
Thanks all for the help.
Thanks given by:
I have always had my server list set by number of players. Less change, and you know which servers you want to join ;)
Thanks given by: