What's new in code development
The undocumented features with barely a rudimentary interface are usually mine. After I implement a new core feature, I prefer to have it tested first - and maybe get some suggestions about how to design the menu or the user commands. One of the reasons for this thread ;)

Tagclips have been implemented by "misusing" the tag value that every cube of a map has since cube1. This way, the map format didn't have to be changed. Setting it with hex values by 'edittag' is, of course, only a temporary solution. If you have suggestions, how to design the interface, pls create a thread for it, so it can be discussed. Btw: there is a command (transformclipentities), that converts classic clips entities into tag clips, if possible.

Xmaps also lack a menu or even a proper name for the feature. To discuss suggestions, pls create a new thread. Btw: did you notice the little "U" in the lower right corner of the screen? It shows, that there are unsaved edits - and that an xmap will be saved automatically, if you end the game or load a new map without saving the changes first. This prevents you from losing changes, if someone votes for a different map during coopedit, or if you simply forget to save your changes before quitting the game.

edit: since common users can't create threads here, just create them in "General" and I'll move them here.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
What's new in code development - by stef - 22 Nov 14, 07:22PM
RE: What's new in code development - by stef - 22 Nov 14, 07:57PM
RE: What's new in code development - by Orynge - 02 Dec 14, 11:42AM
RE: What's new in code development - by stef - 02 Dec 14, 12:28PM
RE: What's new in code development - by stef - 23 Feb 15, 11:58PM
RE: What's new in code development - by stef - 28 Sep 15, 01:38PM
RE: What's new in code development - by stef - 27 Nov 16, 02:46PM
RE: What's new in code development - by gy_be - 11 Jan 17, 09:34PM
RE: What's new in code development - by Harps - 20 Jun 17, 01:35PM
RE: What's new in code development - by 0.zer0 - 13 Apr 21, 11:19AM